X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asa
    replied
    Re: TDR's future!

No Star Wars for TDR? I thought the imagineers are already hard at work on new Star Wars attractions.

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied

Originally posted by robbiem View Post
    Not sure about the changes to small world - I love that ride but if it's kept as is with the Mary Blair styling it will be ok.

Ive always thought a Hunny hunt sized Alice ride would be amazing.

Not or sure about Mystic Point in Disneysea is there a nautical theme different enough from the other areas for it to fit? I'd love to see a reworked mystic manor at TDS - if it would fit Cape cod would be great Harrison Hightower's haunted summer home would be a cool place to tour!!
    1) YES! That would be awesome!

2) Great idea!

Leave a comment:

• Irishfan
    replied

>>- The assemblage of buildings and water-feature replacing Tomorrowland Terrace is the biggest question mark. I suppose parade-viewing dining could be part of it (an assemblage of retail/dining/M&G buildings, but the trees/landscape found within it (and the waterfall above it) are not indicative of a restaurant requiring significant kitchen space.<<

I was under the impression that this area was the Frozen zone of the project?

Leave a comment:

• mark
    replied

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Disney & More blog has a bit of a bigger version of that Fantasyland concept art

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/...unced-for.html

Its the one midway down the page.
    Here's a further explanation - from my perspective of things.

Leave a comment:

• RandySavage
    replied

Some thoughts after studying the art, from west to east:

- Some architectural elements seem to be planned above the tent entrance to Philharmagic.

- There are some indications of a ground-level mini maze in the Wonderland area, it does not appear to be that large, though.

- The Wonderland ride will have ample show-building room (it doesn't look like the pedestrian area extends north much beyond the hedge roof of the Banquet Hall). Is this property really popular with the Japanese (warranting a major attraction)?

-The Barnstormer is still there (cutting into usable land in the B&B section).

-The numerous golden roofs to the right of the Beast Castle (at back of land) look to me like a series of queue sheds (versus village buildings). This would indicate a major-draw attraction (B&B?) requiring a long, covered qeueue - maybe hidden by faux mountains behind Beasts Castle

- The assemblage of buildings and water-feature replacing Tomorrowland Terrace is the biggest question mark. I suppose parade-viewing dining could be part of it (an assemblage of retail/dining/M&G buildings, but the trees/landscape found within it (and the waterfall above it) are not indicative of a restaurant requiring significant kitchen space.

-Showbuildings are generally hidden/replaced with landscape in these types of renderings, but the glass roof & angled shape of Small World look quite unique. I wonder if this will be a totally new take on the attraction.

Interestingly, there appears to be minimal net gain in attractions (2 lost, 2 moved, 1 new definite (Wonderland), 1 new possible (B&B), a couple question marks) or dining (1 lost, likely at least 1 gained). The theme-ing/aesthetics of the park should be vastly improved.

Can't wait to see more.

Moving onto DisneySea. Spirit states Arendelle will feature a giant, $350million E-ticket based on Frozen. One would assume that some form of dining/retail and a spinner would also round out the new Port.

If this goes forward, then either part of the ride building will need to be built beyond the monorail/perimeter road (with IJA-style queue bridging it) or the road and rail will need to be shifted outwards.

The plot in question is only ~5.3 acres. Arabian Coast is 8 acres for comparison sakes.

Leave a comment:

• BrianLo
    replied

Tomorrowland Terrace is being replaced with the new parade route restaurant discussed in the press release. Toon Town is staying.

I don't quite get the financial/logistical logic in moving Small World... and barely moving it at that. It's not like Magic Kingdom where it blocks off a ton of land. Hopefully it gets a major overhaul as a result.

Arrendale is the new port at TDS.

Mystic Manor remains a Hong Kong Exclusive through 2018, quite frankly I hope forever. Disney is not short of ideas when someone (OLC) is willing to spend, so why settle for a clone? Albeit an amazing ride.

You know what would take the pressure off of Toy Story in Japan even more? ... Frozen.

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

But it seems that TDL will not be larger in anyway. They only use the existing land. And Fantasyland will be located with few step to Tomorrowland, just like Mystic Point, and Toy Story Land.

Leave a comment:

• robbiem
    replied

Not sure about the changes to small world - I love that ride but if it's kept as is with the Mary Blair styling it will be ok.

Ive always thought a Hunny hunt sized Alice ride would be amazing.

Not or sure about Mystic Point in Disneysea is there a nautical theme different enough from the other areas for it to fit? I'd love to see a reworked mystic manor at TDS - if it would fit Cape cod would be great Harrison Hightower's haunted summer home would be a cool place to tour!!

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Disney & More blog has a bit of a bigger version of that Fantasyland concept art

Thanks Hathaway! That article also has some great speculations too on what we might see in this new renovation/expansion.

Leave a comment:

• Hathaway Browne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post

I would think Frozen would be major themed area due to the popularity- but even though I love it, I think it's draw will diminish thru the years by the time they develop an attraction for it.
    I tend to agree with this. I'm just not sure that the Frozen phenomenon will be the same in 3 or 4 years. Then again, it could be a modern classic that people hold on to, like The Little Mermaid.

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

Mystic Manor is the equivalent of the Haunted Mansion in Hong Kong- I'm wondering if Disney would want something like that there if sticking with tradition- but who knows these days.

I would think Frozen would be major themed area due to the popularity- but even though I love it, I think it's draw will diminish thru the years by the time they develop an attraction for it.

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied

Originally posted by Fukai View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if the new port in DisneySea was Mystic Point, and Frozen is going where the Tomorrowland Terrace currently is. Frozen fits very well into Fantasyland. OLC is not stupid: everyone I know who's been on Mystic Manor says it's an incredible knockout, and I'm sure OLC is dying to put it into the park and take some of the pressure off Toy Story Mania. Anyway, that's my guess.
    This sounds cool, and would make this already amazing park even more incredible. But Mystic Point has no theme involving water. Are you saying that you think they'll simply replicate the one in Hon Kong, or create another version of it involving a harbor/sea point/etc?

We need a Mystic Point here in a domestic park!

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

It's a Small World takes up a very large plot of land. That large pink area on the concept art where Small World currently is appears much too large for a simple Alice in Wonderland ride ala the one at Disneyland. The size alone would make it something larger (much!) than Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

At any rate, this explains why they announced that this would be the last year for Small World Holiday.

Small World is simply not that popular an attraction. Sure, the line is never hugely long because it's got such a high capacity, but the expense of moving it next to Space Mountain seems kind of nutty.

This expansion plan really downsizes and locks in Tomorrowland with little wiggle room for any improvements.

All in all, very good news! Let's hope for more details and a timeline soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new port in DisneySea was Mystic Point, and Frozen is going where the Tomorrowland Terrace currently is. Frozen fits very well into Fantasyland. OLC is not stupid: everyone I know who's been on Mystic Manor says it's an incredible knockout, and I'm sure OLC is dying to put it into the park and take some of the pressure off Toy Story Mania. Anyway, that's my guess.

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

There are already Toon- themed ports in TDS- so it would make sense to add Frozen- Arendale is a port to begin with & they actually have the space to do something there. I'm surprised on how much they seem to be fitting in stuff into TDL- I know the park is huge, I've been there several times & am leaving for Japan on Monday- but they still seem to be squeezing a lot in there.

I am confused as well at the village at the Tomorrowland Terrace- unless they are just keeping it as a restaurant and we see the newly themed outer shell of the building from the concept art. I'm wondering if it is going to be something taken from the original WDW expansion plans where they were going to be having themed meet & greet areas with the princesses. I'm just playing around with ideas at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
    Hoping a higher-res version will circulate soon.
    Yes, and hopefully more specifics on the plans for both parks!

Leave a comment:

• RandySavage
    replied

Originally posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Yeah man, this concept art is too damn small... I can't make out a thing. lol
    Hoping a higher-res version will circulate soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied

Personally, I'd prefer non-franchise, non-toon material for the new port at TDS, but we'll have to see what's actually going there.

Your eyes can confirm Small World next to Space Mountain if you squint (you'll see the characteristic Leaning Tower and other stylized parapets).

Replacing Small World in the art looks to complete the Wonderland sub-area (with adjacent Teacups and Banquet Hall), likely Alice's Cottage and those pink leaves, maybe housing a darkride featuring tech recently-used at DL.
    Yeah man, this concept art is too damn small... I can't make out a thing. lol

I LOVE Alice in Wonderland and I think the idea of having a large area themed to it is awesome, and I really wish they'd do that in Disneyland or Magic Kingdom (or at the 3rd gate in Anaheim whenever that happens).

Also, I agree with you as far as the new port at TDS.

Leave a comment:

• RandySavage
    replied

Originally posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Yeah I've read on other sites (namely Theme Park Insider) that Arandelle would fit well (thematically) in TDS.

As for IASW, is it confirmed somewhere that the pink circled area is really it? Have I completely missed something in all these articles? And what is the pink thing in the concept art where IASW currently is...any ideas?
    Personally, I'd prefer non-franchise, non-toon material for the new port at TDS, but we'll have to see what's actually going there.

Your eyes can confirm IASW next to Space Mountain if you squint (you'll see the characteristic Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower and other stylized parapets).

IASW's replacement in the art looks to complete the Wonderland sub-area (with adjacent Teacups and Banquet Hall), likely Alice's Cottage and those pink leaves, maybe housing a darkride featuring tech recently-used at DL.

Leave a comment:

• Mondo Mouse
    replied

Yes. The pink encircled structure is IASW.

Blue Circe: Not sure. The water feature and architecture are somewhat Frozenesque, but you'd think the very large Frozen E-ticket would be nearby. And there are some indications Frozen is going to DisneySea.
    Yeah I've read on other sites (namely Theme Park Insider) that Arandelle would fit well (thematically) in TDS.

As for IASW, is it confirmed somewhere that the pink circled area is really it? Have I completely missed something in all these articles? And what is the pink thing in the concept art where IASW currently is...any ideas?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X