X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TDR's future!

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
    You're going to pay a lot more for a 4-day passport starting in April! Fortunately, still a bargain compared to US park ticket prices.
    On the flip side the annual passes...

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
      You're going to pay a lot more for a 4-day passport starting in April! Fortunately, still a bargain compared to US park ticket prices.
      Im happy with that because TDR made me feel happy. Just went to USJ today and it is more expensive and is not really worth the price.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
      Instagram
      Flickr
      Youtube

Comment

Just read through this entire thread and thought I would add a few pieces and thoughts based on what Spirit has revealed and hinted at.

-The Frozen mega E-ticket will be the most expensive attraction created by WDI to date. Spirit originally said it would cost a minimum of $350 million but has since revised that figure from his sources and noted that it will be even higher. The budget is now estimated to be over $400 million, and this is still probably just the lower end of the estimate. The added expense is reported to be due to the "nature of the show building", which is almost certainly the huge ice castle. Spirit has strongly implied that the attraction will be trackless (possibly an improved version of the Mystic Manor/Ratatouille tech) and that the ride vehicles will be themed to sleds. Spirit says it will be a better attraction than Pooh's Hunny Hunt, so this is definitely the one element of the expansion I'm most looking forward to. I have a feeling this attraction will break the 400 minute queue record set by Toy Story Mania on its opening day.

-The proposal for the new port also included a new restaurant that would involve dining under a night sky with perpetual auroras like in the film. Rounding up the new port will be a currently unknown flat ride. I don't think it will be another spinner, but I don't have any ideas about something that is both thematically fitting and also not already found in the park. As for the aesthetics of the port, I'm wondering if we will see a more unique take on a Nordic village and fjord setting or a more exact representation of Arendelle as it appeared in the film. If they do build the Arendelle castle, it will be interesting to see how they juxtapose it with the larger ice castle. A new mountain range ala Radiator Springs would work very well in this port and possibly alleviate some of the issues with sightlines to/from other ports.

-New Fantasyland is sorely needed. Tokyo Disneyland has the most dated and cheapest looking Fantasyland I've seen, and this renovation will finally make it look like a beautiful storybook village. A Wonderland attraction is planned, but Spirit has implied that it won't be on the scale of Hunny Hunt. I'm not sure if this means it just won't be as advanced tech-wise, or that it will not be a major E-ticket attraction. I hope at the very least we see an improved and modernized (fully functional AAs and more detailed show scenes) version of the Disneyland attraction. This would be enough to elevate it to E-ticket status even if it isn't trackless.

-Beyond Wonderland, there doesn't seem to be much known about other new additions. We only know that SDMT and the BoG restaurant are not being added, but Beast's Castle is clearly represented in the concept art. Spirit has also confirmed that BatB will be represented in the expansion but details are unknown at this point. The area replacing Tomorrowland Terrace is a bit more confusing. Supposedly the restaurant overlooking the parade route will go here, but the concept art seems to show a bunch of individual facades and rockwork in that spot.

I'm hoping for some kind of formal announcement by the end of this year, particularly concept art for the new port at Tokyo DisneySea. It doesn't look like TDS is getting anything new for its 15th Anniversary (except for the show replacing Mystic Rhythms), so announcing it with the celebration plans seems ideal.

Comment

The Frozen ride that they're planning was one I always hoped and imagined we would get for our first true trackless dark ride in the states, instead of the cheap reskin of Maelstrom that's in the works.

Comment

Look for more details to be revealed at the D23 Expo 2015 in August.

Comment

Originally posted by RSG View Post
              As for the aesthetics of the port, I'm wondering if we will see a more unique take on a Nordic village and fjord setting or a more exact representation of Arendelle as it appeared in the film. If they do build the Arendelle castle, it will be interesting to see how they juxtapose it with the larger ice castle. A new mountain range ala Radiator Springs would work very well in this port and possibly alleviate some of the issues with sightlines to/from other ports.
              Honestly... this (contained entirely within a massive show building), is basically what the description is sounding like

Meet and greet in Arendelle castle, with some dining possibly in the courtyard, a few shops, the E-ticket contained in the mountains akin to RSR. You'll journey up to Elsa's castle within the ride only.

Quite frankly, they could just keep Arendelle proper "outside", but it sounds like they are going over-the-top by setting the whole thing indoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                Im happy with that because TDR made me feel happy. Just went to USJ today and it is more expensive and is not really worth the price.
                I agree. I went to USJ last year. Harry Potter was good, but very crowded. The rest of the park was a bit tired. I was surprised it was the same age as TDS it looks 20 years older

Comment

Originally posted by RSG View Post
                  -The Frozen mega E-ticket will be the most expensive attraction created by WDI to date. Spirit originally said it would cost a minimum of $350 million but has since revised that figure from his sources and noted that it will be even higher. The budget is now estimated to be over $400 million, and this is still probably just the lower end of the estimate. The added expense is reported to be due to the "nature of the show building", which is almost certainly the huge ice castle. Spirit has strongly implied that the attraction will be trackless (possibly an improved version of the Mystic Manor/Ratatouille tech) and that the ride vehicles will be themed to sleds. Spirit says it will be a better attraction than Pooh's Hunny Hunt, so this is definitely the one element of the expansion I'm most looking forward to. I have a feeling this attraction will break the 400 minute queue record set by Toy Story Mania on its opening day.
                  I understand an amazing Frozen ride will shatter records and bring boat loads of people in, but $350-$400 million just for a single ride????? I do not care how good the ride is, they are definitely overspending and the money can be used elsewhere. To compare the price of that to the other attractions, Hunny Hunt ($130 million), Ratatouille ($270 million, which everyone thought was ridiculous), Diagon Alley ($256 million), Hogsmeade at IOA ($200 million), RSR ($200 million), Everest ($100 million), New Fantasyland ($425 million)... that is way too much for one trackless Frozen ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
                    I understand an amazing Frozen ride will shatter records and bring boat loads of people in, but $350-$400 million just for a single ride????? I do not care how good the ride is, they are definitely overspending and the money can be used elsewhere. To compare the price of that to the other attractions, Hunny Hunt ($130 million), Ratatouille ($270 million, which everyone thought was ridiculous), Diagon Alley ($256 million), Hogsmeade at IOA ($200 million), RSR ($200 million), Everest ($100 million), New Fantasyland ($425 million)... that is way too much for one trackless Frozen ride.
                    400 Millions sounds great. It will be yet another thing that makes entire WDW look stale and boring when compared to TDS. I can't wait for it to be built so that I can ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
                      Projects designed by WDI tend to have a very inflated cost, especially compared to Universal's. Also, Radiator Springs Racers was actually over $300 million due to the extensive rockwork required for the show building. It went overbudget from the initial numbers, just as many of Disney's attractions do. I have also heard Everest would be over $200 million if built today, and this is extremely likely given even a medium scale dark ride like Little Mermaid was $100 million alone. There's no way they would both cost the same given Everest's elaborately themed show building. Don't forget that even building something basic like Toy Story Land cost $100 million for Hong Kong and Paris, which is ridiculous. That certainly makes the $400 million figure more justifiable in comparison, especially considering the huge scale nature of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                        400 Millions sounds great. It will be yet another thing that makes entire WDW look stale and boring when compared to TDS. I can't wait for it to be built so that I can ride it.
                        Indeed!

So what if they spend $400 million?

What does the other poster care for? Is it his money they're spending? Then don't worry!

And you know what - you can claim Everest was built for $100 million but if the result is a disco yeti - it was a massive waste of time.

I've been to the TDR twice over ten years with my third holiday there less than five weeks away and I've NEVER seen an AA not working.

Whatever they create os going to be INCREDIBLE and I cannot wait to see it!!!

Comment

Any updates on this? Has construction commenced?

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

I don't see any evidence of construction yet on DeepDisney. In fact, it doesn't look like Fantasyland is getting any significant work done as it's a small world is scheduled to remain open for the rest of the year. The only thing that stands out is a 9-month closure of Peter Pan, which is probably for the plussed ride and queue effects Disneyland and Magic Kingdom have/are getting. Given it's closing a much longer time, I'm hoping that they tear down the old facade and rebuild something like Disneyland's.

Comment

I think the first phase will be finished in 2017.
                              and later this year or next year will be hearing more details.As for now the New port for TDS is clearing up the site for construction.Oh yeah and the new harbor has a new viewing area which fantastic and a new movable stages around it and new viewing area for guests who stay at the hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by Djapan94 View Post
                                I think the first phase will be finished in 2017.
                                and later this year or next year will be hearing more details.As for now the New port for TDS is clearing up the site for construction.Oh yeah and the new harbor has a new viewing area which fantastic and a new movable stages around it and new viewing area for guests who stay at the hotels.
                                I didn't know they were planning on a reserved section for Disney hotel guests. Which area is that in?

Comment

I just got back from TDR. Monorail takes you past the new PORT site and nothing has been started. They use that site, now to house back-up trees and plants. Walking around the park you can DEF viscerally feel how Arrendale could fit. It has more of a Water based feel then Aladdin's Oasis and Lost River Delta, I think, so it will fit in wonderfully. But I can NOT even imagine how spicy the lines will be. Everything in the park last week go to 3 hours wait at some time--Tower, Toy Story, Raging Spirits, Indiana, even Storm Rider got to 120 minutes. For American park purist, expect a NEW YEARS EVE amount of crowds at TDR if you visit. But.....well worth the wait.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X