Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDR's future!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News TDR's future!

    【広報リリース】東京ディズニーランド、東京ディズニーシー 今後の開発構想について | 東京ディズニーリゾート・ブログ

    Above is the link of the press release.
    -Tokyo Disneyland gets Famtasyland Forest with a different theme and without removing Toontown
    -Tomorrowland Bids goodbye to Starjets and Autopia
    -Alice in wonderland Moves in and Beauty and the beast.
    -Small World Moves near Tomorrowland
    -FROZENLAND goes to Tokyo Disneyland in 2016
    -Olafs Sweets restaurant opens in 2016
    -Frozen opens in 2017
    -Tomorrowland gets refreshed
    DisneySea
    -A new port Debuts in 2017
    -The newly renovated Hotel Miracosta opens with new rooms.
    -Mediterrainian Harbor after construction artwork.
    -New regular Shows goes in.
    plus more details about this expansion and new shows will be featured in D23 expo 2015.

  • #2
    Re: TDR's future!

    So exciting.






    Comment


    • #3
      Re: TDR's future!

      Here is the press release in English

      http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20141030_05e.pdf

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: TDR's future!

        Originally posted by MyDisneySide94 View Post
        -Tokyo Disneyland gets Famtasyland Forest with a different theme and without removing Toontown
        -Tomorrowland Bids goodbye to Starjets and Autopia
        -Alice in wonderland Moves in and Beauty and the beast.
        -Small World Moves near Tomorrowland
        -FROZENLAND goes to Tokyo Disneyland in 2016
        -Olafs Sweets restaurant opens in 2016
        -Frozen opens in 2017
        -Tomorrowland gets refreshed
        DisneySea
        -A new port Debuts in 2017
        -The newly renovated Hotel Miracosta opens with new rooms.
        -Mediterrainian Harbor after construction artwork.
        -New regular Shows goes in.
        plus more details about this expansion and new shows will be featured in D23 expo 2015.
        The press release doesn't share this information. Where is it from? There appears to be some inaccuracies in it.

        From the concept art of the new Fantasyland

        Looks like Dumbo is being relocated and Alice's Tea Party/Castle Carousel stay put.

        Small World is relocated.

        Tomorrowland Terrace is removed.

        There is no mention of Frozen anything but having something wouldn't surprise me
        Last edited by Roger55; 10-30-2014, 03:33 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: TDR's future!

          Haha my news feed on FB is all about TDR now. So funny.

          I really love the new rooms at Miracosta. Looks truly wonderful compared to the old rooms.

          The first thing that will be finished is the new Mediterranean Harbor. Cant wait to see it.

          Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


          Facebook
          Instagram
          Flickr
          Youtube

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: TDR's future!

            Looking more at the concept art...

            No sign of a major attraction Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Little Mermaid going into the New Fantasyland.

            Looks like the Tomorrowland Terrace area might become something Frozen.

            Other interesting notes are....

            No mention of Westernland going away for Cars Land (kills that rumor for now).

            No mention of refreshing of Tomorrowland.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: TDR's future!

              I don't see IASW in the concept art. Where are you all seeing it??

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: TDR's future!

                I just don't want to see IASW closed. It's one of my favorite attractions.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: TDR's future!

                  I remember reading on Theme Park Insider that Robert Niles suggested that DisneySea would be a great spot for a Frozen themed area as Arandelle is a port community. In any case, it will be interesting to see what they do.

                  Tokyo Disney Resort Said to Be Planning a Major 'Frozen'-Themed Attraction

                  Where should Disney build a 'Frozen' theme park attraction?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: TDR's future!

                    Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                    I just don't want to see IASW closed. It's one of my favorite attractions.
                    Agreed. It's just wrong for any Disney park to close "it"s a small world."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: TDR's future!

                      This is awesome. It also looks like that their New Fantasyland will only clone the BatB stuff but it will still be unique from Magic Kingdom's.

                      Is Frozenland going to be the new TDS port?

                      The best thing about this is no waiting around to shove more Pixar/Star Wars/Marvel down our throats like it's being in the states. I figure eventually Tomorrowland will get some Star Wars stuff but on a wisely smaller scale.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: TDR's future!

                        This article suggests that regarding Frozen...

                        The castle featured in the animated film will be reproduced, and the attraction will likely let visitors experience scenes from the movie.
                        When Tokyo Disneyland's Fantasyland is renovated, the "It's A Small World" attraction is slated to be moved. One leading proposal has the Frozen attraction taking the place of this popular ride. But the new attraction may be set up at Tokyo DisneySea instead.

                        'Frozen' attraction to open at Tokyo Disney Resort- Nikkei Asian Review

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: TDR's future!

                          Comparing the concept art to an aerial view of Tokyo Disneyland, looks like the raceway and Toontown areas will make way for the Beauty and the Beast additions.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: TDR's future!

                            Really like the plan for Fantasyland as shown in the art. Razing, then building a new IASW next to Tomorrowland is pretty bold idea. I do think it will ease the transition color-wise and as IASW is not 'storybook fantasy'.

                            Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                            Is Frozenland going to be the new TDS port?
                            From the art shown (which excludes Frozen from what I can tell), that's a safe guess. It also fits with OLC's modus operandi of 'kawaii-ing' up TDS. The thing about the circled TDS plot is that it's not a lot of space for a full port. I wonder if shifting the road and Resort Line are going to be part of this...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: TDR's future!

                              Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                              Razing, then building a new IASW next to Tomorrowland is pretty bold idea...



                              From the art shown (which excludes Frozen from what I can tell)...
                              I'm confused, so is the part I've circled in pink the new "it's a small world?"

                              And could the area I've circled in blue be Arandelle from Frozen?

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IASM & Frozen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	7357293

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: TDR's future!

                                Originally posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
                                I'm confused, so is the part I've circled in pink the new "it's a small world?"

                                And could the area I've circled in blue be Arandelle from Frozen?

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]39332[/ATTACH]
                                Yes. The pink encircled structure is IASW.

                                Blue Circe: Not sure. The water feature and architecture are somewhat Frozenesque, but you'd think the very large Frozen E-ticket would be nearby. And there are some indications Frozen is going to DisneySea.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: TDR's future!

                                  Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                                  Yes. The pink encircled structure is IASW.

                                  Blue Circe: Not sure. The water feature and architecture are somewhat Frozenesque, but you'd think the very large Frozen E-ticket would be nearby. And there are some indications Frozen is going to DisneySea.
                                  Yeah I've read on other sites (namely Theme Park Insider) that Arandelle would fit well (thematically) in TDS.

                                  As for IASW, is it confirmed somewhere that the pink circled area is really it? Have I completely missed something in all these articles? And what is the pink thing in the concept art where IASW currently is...any ideas?

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: TDR's future!

                                    Originally posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
                                    Yeah I've read on other sites (namely Theme Park Insider) that Arandelle would fit well (thematically) in TDS.

                                    As for IASW, is it confirmed somewhere that the pink circled area is really it? Have I completely missed something in all these articles? And what is the pink thing in the concept art where IASW currently is...any ideas?
                                    Personally, I'd prefer non-franchise, non-toon material for the new port at TDS, but we'll have to see what's actually going there.

                                    Your eyes can confirm IASW next to Space Mountain if you squint (you'll see the characteristic Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower and other stylized parapets).

                                    IASW's replacement in the art looks to complete the Wonderland sub-area (with adjacent Teacups and Banquet Hall), likely Alice's Cottage and those pink leaves, maybe housing a darkride featuring tech recently-used at DL.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: TDR's future!

                                      Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                                      Personally, I'd prefer non-franchise, non-toon material for the new port at TDS, but we'll have to see what's actually going there.

                                      Your eyes can confirm Small World next to Space Mountain if you squint (you'll see the characteristic Leaning Tower and other stylized parapets).

                                      Replacing Small World in the art looks to complete the Wonderland sub-area (with adjacent Teacups and Banquet Hall), likely Alice's Cottage and those pink leaves, maybe housing a darkride featuring tech recently-used at DL.
                                      Yeah man, this concept art is too damn small... I can't make out a thing. lol

                                      I LOVE Alice in Wonderland and I think the idea of having a large area themed to it is awesome, and I really wish they'd do that in Disneyland or Magic Kingdom (or at the 3rd gate in Anaheim whenever that happens).

                                      Also, I agree with you as far as the new port at TDS.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: TDR's future!

                                        Originally posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
                                        Yeah man, this concept art is too damn small... I can't make out a thing. lol
                                        Hoping a higher-res version will circulate soon.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X