This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] The history of TDR as told by OLC

Very interesting article about the genesis and development of TDR, from the OLC site. Interesting to read how it originally started out as an original (non-disney) park and how it matured into the park we now know:

Oriental Land Co, Ltd. creation period | 50 years of History | OLC Group

Re: The history of TDR as told by OLC

Originally posted by Jord View Post
    Very interesting article about the genesis and development of TDR, from the OLC site. Interesting to read how it originally started out as an original (non-disney) park and how it matured into the park we now know:

Oriental Land Co, Ltd. creation period | 50 years of History | OLC Group

Great informative article! Thank you for posting this :-)

Comment

Great find there. I loved seeing those early days pics.

I wonder what it was like at the time of the announcement and construction. Was there as much hype and excitement as we'd think, or was it more of a "wait and see" feeling?

And I had no idea that plans for the second gate was announced as early as '88. Although its no surprise that they took careful consideration on the project before moving forward in '97. It paid off, they got a gem of a park.
      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

Comment

I am happy to hear they never went through with studio theme park for the idea for a second park. That is quite a news to hear a consideration of a studio theme park once planned for a second park. I would Love the FULL history of Tokyo DisneySea...

Comment

I was also surprised to learn how Maihama station was build in '88, 5 years after TDL opened. I can't even imagina TDR without it. It's so convenient.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X