This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo Disney - Pooh Closure and travel advice

One of the best attractions in the world? :S Now I really think we should try to make it! Which could be done with a 4 day pass and two super crowded days, Saturday 5th at Disney and Sunday 6th at Disney Sea, then two quieter days, Monday and Tuesday, to park hop.
    Are Mondays usually fairly quiet after the Spring break?

And yes, we may very well bump into you guys as well, TDS Traveller .

Comment

You can go through extraordinary measures to give yourself a small window to ride Pooh. However, there ALWAYS is a chance that attraction, or any attraction for that matter, could be down for unplanned reasons. I wouldn't go through that much perturbation just to create the CHANCE to go on one attraction.

Pooh is an awesome and very unique attraction. Is it the best? I would not go that far. I personally think Mystic Manor is better. Everything people say here is personal OPINION, not fact. Even my advice is MY opinion.

Don't be swayed too much by all the enthusiasm for Pooh. YOU are the one that will have to deal with the consequences of your decision. No one else here saying you must go on Pooh will have their vacation negatively affected just for the purposes of one attraction.

Sorry. Feeling particularly annoyed this morning.

Comment

No need to apologise, I really appreciate the advice. You're right these are just opinions, it's just that the overall concensus seems to be that this is an unmissable ride.

Anyway, I'm sure whenever we decide to go, we'll enjoy our trip regardless.
        Last edited by rob321; 12-06-2014, 01:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

And just on that Rob - I wouldn't go changing my holiday plans around Mystic Rhythms either. Yeah it's a nice show, if a little long (I found my attention wandering toward the end, last time I saw it). But them I'm not a show or parade person - I guess, since I'm a fellow Aussie and don't get to experience these places every other weekend, for ME, it's the attractions, the themeing, the immersiveness, just the whole, "HOLY CRAP I'M IN A DISNEY PARK!!!!" thing.

MR is a Cirque de Soleil type kinda show with people flying about but it's nothing you wouldn't see a variation of at any Australian capital city fringe festival.

I DEFINITELY wouldn't plan my holiday around it!

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that we could probably see a similar Cirque de Soleil type show in Melbourne, so even though it looks cool, I'm sure we could find a similar variation back home.

And can I just say that it's pretty awesome that there'll be other Aussies who are just as enthusiastic as us, traveling at the same time!

We hope to make it to Universal studios as well to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, looks amazing! Hopefully that's not stupidly busy.

Comment

We're actually leaving TDR to head to Osaka to visit Harry!

And yeah, we'll stand out like crazy amidst the sea of black hair!

Comment

What are you looking forward to the most at the TDR? It sounds like JttCotE is high on your list!

Comment

Journey is one I'm definitely looking forward to, as well as Splash Mountain (closed when I was at Disneyland US), Tower of Terror and Indy, my favorite ride at Disneyland; can't wait to ride Indy again and show my partner how awesome it is!

(...Oh and potentially Pooh.... If we make it :P).

Comment

The thing to remember with Journey is that the ride portion is actually quite short. I choose to see it that the attraction begins from the moment you enter the queue area. As you wind your way past the displays of Nemo's ephemera you are being immersed in the world and the setting. The caverns are dark and mysterious and the music is haunting. The terravators are also part of the attraction. Then once you get into the load area it's theming on steroids!

If you remember that the ride is only part of the attraction, it won't be a let down as some people claim it is.

Personally, I LOVE the whole experience!

As for Splash Mountain, it's one of my ALL TIME favourite attractions on the planet. A TRUE Disney classic experience and themed to the hilt! Tokyo's version, as like most of their attractions, is probably the best in the world, too. After riding with your partner, go back and use the single rider line a few times to get as many goes as you can. I LOVE Splash!!!!

And I hear your love for Indy! That's probably the ONE ride I keep stressing to my partner that will blow him away! When you round the corner after ascending the stairs and you're in the temple with THAT music blaring at you and you just see the SIZE of the temple and you think, "HOLY **** - Somebody BUILT THIS THING?!?!?!"

It kinda shames any crappy "theme park" attraction we have here in Australia!

Comment

Go on the dates you originally planned, simply buy a discounted Starlight or After 6 passport on an evening it is opened and enjoy the park in the evening and see Winnie the Pooh. It is absolutely worth the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by MAH4546 View Post
                        Go on the dates you originally planned, simply buy a discounted Starlight or After 6 passport on an evening it is opened and enjoy the park in the evening and see Winnie the Pooh. It is absolutely worth the cost.
                        This is what we've decided on. Hopefully the after 6 passports aren't all sold out, and they are still letting people into the park.
                        Thanks. We can't wait to ride it!

Comment

Good for you mate!

Comment

I just wanted to advise you of this- It's actually cheaper to buy a 3 day pass, than buying a 2 day pass + a after 6 pass. A 3 day ticket is 14200. A 2 day ticket is 11000 and a starlight pass is 3900, which adds up to 14900.

I would just go for the 3 or 4 day ticket as long as the days you'll be visiting are consecutive.

The first 2 days would be 1 TDL and 1 TDS and the 3rd and 4th days are hoppers.

If you're staying in a Disney Hotel there shouldn't be trouble getting tickets, but if you purchase them at the ticket center in Ikspiari, they do sell out of certain days at the parks- so it is better to purchase them at one of the official hotels- I learned this a few years ago.

I don't know if all the hotels do this, but The Hilton, you can only purchase a ticket by cash. I had to go to the ticket center in Ikspiari to purchase it by credit card. I'm not sure if it's cash only, or cash and credit at The Mira Costa, Disneyland Hotel or the Ambassador.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
                              I just wanted to advise you of this- It's actually cheaper to buy a 3 day pass, than buying a 2 day pass + a after 6 pass. A 3 day ticket is 14200. A 2 day ticket is 11000 and a starlight pass is 3900, which adds up to 14900.

I would just go for the 3 or 4 day ticket as long as the days you'll be visiting are consecutive.

The first 2 days would be 1 TDL and 1 TDS and the 3rd and 4th days are hoppers.

If you're staying in a Disney Hotel there shouldn't be trouble getting tickets, but if you purchase them at the ticket center in Ikspiari, they do sell out of certain days at the parks- so it is better to purchase them at one of the official hotels- I learned this a few years ago.

I don't know if all the hotels do this, but The Hilton, you can only purchase a ticket by cash. I had to go to the ticket center in Ikspiari to purchase it by credit card. I'm not sure if it's cash only, or cash and credit at The Mira Costa, Disneyland Hotel or the Ambassador.

Hope this helps.
                              The problem is that the days we would visit won't be consecutive: we're planning on an after 6 pass on Thu 2nd April (the day we arrive in Shinjuku), and a 3 day pass for Tue 7th - Thu 9th. This is because we want to avoid heading there on the weekend. April 4th, a Saturday, is the last day for Pooh, and we don't really want to include the Saturday and Sunday in our 3 day pass, due to heavy crowds. Hence we decided to split it up, with one evening just for Pooh and 3 days the next week where it should be relatively quiet. (on another note, is 3 days + evening enough time? Too much? Too little?)

We probably won't be staying in an official Disney hotel (yeah, we really need to sort out accommodation ASAP), due to our budget, although we'll possibly stay in a "Disney good neighbor" hotel, which has a free shuttle bus although unfortunately does not sell park tickets. Is there somewhere else we can buy tickets, in Shinjuku for example? I'd expect we'd be fine for the 7th-9th for tickets, although I'm not so sure about the evening, Thu 2nd, for ticket availability. We might look into buying the tickets online.

Cheers.

Comment

If it's only Shinjuku you're able to explore for a Disney Store that sells tickets then you can go to the Shinjuku Disney Store near Shinjuku Station.
                                Disney Store | Store Info. [Disney Store] | Shinjuku Takashimaya

There are other's like in Shibuya and Odaiba.

Here's a list of stores with the right side mentioning if they sell tickets.
                                Disney Store | Store Info. [Disney Store]

Comment

That's actually GREAT advice on the 3 day tickets versus the after 6:00 or Starlight! Plus, you're not limited as to when you can enter the park!

EXCELLENT advice! Thank you!!!!!! You just made my holiday to Japan EVEN better!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rob321 View Post
                                    (on another note, is 3 days + evening enough time? Too much? Too little?)
                                    There is no such thing as too much! 3 days and one evening should be "just" enough provided, you get there early and maximize the starlight pass, make sure you do all the vip rides at TDL on the starlight pass if time permits (pooh, monster's inc, haunted mansion, space mountain), then allocate two days back to back to Disneysea and one to enjoy Disneyland.

Weekends are bad but weekdays arent that much better and park traffic gets alot worse later at noon, so the early bird does get the worm here.

it should be fine if you Make sure you plan everything out and use fast pass efficiently, also you will need time to take it all in and experience the parks individually (especially Disneysea) , so I would highly recommend a Disaster Recovery strategy (lol but not kidding).

Comment

Sounds like a heartbreaking decision. I , too, just received the same news. We are going to TDR early March, for the first time from San Francisco, and I just learned that Journey to the center of the earth will be closed. It opens 5 days after we leave.
                                      Question to anyone--are they pretty on time, or strict, with these closure dates? I know dates in the US are always Soft and padded to not make guests upset. Is it the same in Tokyo?

Comment

Japan is a society that is very strict when it comes to schedules and times.

I think having some "soft" dates is MORE upsetting to people unless the softness just happens to work in one's favor. Not adhering to the announced dates opens up the doors for people to complain even more (e.g. "why can't it stay open one more day?" or "why didn't it re-open two days earlier?").

Personally, I'd rather deal with planning around hard dates so I know exactly what I'm dealing with.

Comment

The only 'soft' opening dates I've seen are with brand new attractions- I rode Star Tours several weeks before opening. Regular rehabs really do stick to the posted schedules and don't deviate.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X