Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic TDR Questions for the TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!!!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Basic TDR Questions for the TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!!!!!

Hey all - I've been to Japan and the TDR twice before, the last time being October 2011.

This time, however, I'll be visiting with my WONDERFUL partner and I'm determined to make it THE BEST and most AMAZING holiday he has ever had. He's never been to ANY Disney park before (We've visited the crappy "theme parks" at Australia's Gold Coast and they're, well, to call them "theme parks" is a gross misrepresentation. They're just ghetto), so I've decided to take him to the crown jewel of the Disney Empire with a holiday to the TDR!!!!

As I said elsewhere here, I've actually split our visit into two separate stays, so we get to see everything, including Pooh's HH, upon our second stay at the resort.

As I said, my last visit was two and a half years ago so what I'm actually after is up to date information, to "fine tune" my planning and make the holiday AMAZING.

I have friends who visited two weeks ago and upon their return told me the scaffolding at the entrance of TDS ruined that wonderful dramatic vista you have upon entering. Now, I know the Fantasmic viewing platform construction is meant to be completed by about March next year but how tall will that seating be? It actually makes my heart ache that my partner will not have the BEAUTIFUL entrance vista as you go through the Mira Costa and see the harbour stretch out before him with Mt. Prometheus in the distance. That would be just SUCH a shame!

Can anybody please tell me exactly how big that seating will be and what impact it will have visually?

Many, many, MANY more in depth questions to follow!

Cheers!

Re: Basic TDR Questions for the TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!!!!!

The rumor is the platform will be movable. I'm GUESSING that the non-show time views will be almost as amazing as before the new viewing area was built.

I don't know if anyone knows EXACTLY how big the seating area is. I haven't even heard that it was "seating" in the tradition American sense of the word. In the Japan parks, seating could just as easily mean ground seating. If there IS traditional seats, I'm guessing they will be reserved for Disney Travel package holders.

http://themeparkinvestigator.com/wp-...Expansion1.jpg

Comment

Thanks so much Roger - that makes me feel SO MUCH better!

Comment

Okay, next question.

I've started planning out which restaurants we'll be eating at on which days.

I've got about two too many restaurants for the days and nights we're going to be at the resort, so I need to cull one. I wanted to eat at both Ristorante de Canaletto and Zambini Brothers (partner LOVES pasta), but I'm thinking just one of these and what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

Does anybody have a preference or care to offer a suggestion?

I'm leaning towards RdC if only because it looks like a more high end experience and we'll have three full days at TDS, so we're going to take things VERY leisurely and treat it as a five star experience.

What are everybody's thoughts?

Comment

I would like to know the same answer to his question if anyone knows. I am there for 3 days and really love the Disney Dining experience at the other parks ( though street food is fun too). But I am looking for the best food and/or theming. The Queen of Hearts court is closed when we are there, I heard that is awesome.

Comment

Comment

Thanks Jedi! That helps a lot. Have you seen or been to Magellen's in Med Harbor?

Comment

I have eaten in Magellan's in the past- it is pretty good, but they change the menu from time to time & I haven't really liked the entree's much since.

It is a little costly, but the restaurant is very nice.

I'm sure the food is good- but just not to my liking.

Comment

Zampini Brothers is a scramble style restaurant: you wait on line at the cash register, place your order, then walk to the counter and your food is given to you, then you find a table. It's not fancy by any means, but the pizza and pasta here are far better than anything you can get at a US Disney park. Price is more than reasonable.

Ristorante de Canaletto is a sit-down restaurant with waiters. It's a much fancier and nicer experience. The food is also excellent--on par with a good Italian real-world restaurant. It is also commensurately more expensive. Reservations are usually required: head to the podium out front very early in your day at the park and you may be able to book a table if they haven't already been all booked up via phone and internet in advance. Sometimes (often, perhaps) they have a standby line that can be anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes.
                  Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X