Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

It is finally happening. we are going to Tokyo Disney! Please help.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It is finally happening. we are going to Tokyo Disney! Please help.

From my experience, closures stick pretty much to what is scheduled. A new atraction may have soft openings, but rehabs don't appear to have any.

You can always hope it opens earlier.

I believe Journey offers tours of the queue lines during rehab, but it may only be in Japanese.

Comment

This is awesome because I'd love to purchase a bucket without having to try a popcorn flavor I wouldn't be fond of.
      Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013. Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 . Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard: Tokyo Disney Resort Miracosta Hotel + Disneyland Hotel + Ambassador Hotel May 2015 My TDR TR http://www.disboards.com/threads/tdr...#post-54885231

Comment

Ok, so I logged in on the TDR website today to check on my bookings and found out that they are gone!! I still have the email with both confirmation numbers, but can't seed to add them on to My Bookings section on the website either. What is the deal with their website? It seems like they are always having technical issues?
        Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013. Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 . Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard: Tokyo Disney Resort Miracosta Hotel + Disneyland Hotel + Ambassador Hotel May 2015 My TDR TR http://www.disboards.com/threads/tdr...#post-54885231

Comment

Originally posted by ebiten View Post
          Disneyland

DisneySea
          These links were *AWESOME*.

In all my looking around I hadn't yet found good menus for the restaurants, but they are there at those links. I'm one of those overplanning people so these helped me plan our budget better immensely.
          Last edited by lboosmommy; 03-06-2015, 02:36 AM.

Comment

I second what aimster said.
            Popcorn flavors there are amazing. Two of my favorites are curry and milk tea.
            The curry line is usually very long, I think i had to wait at least 10-15 minutes to get mine and I went in May.

Another good snacking place is the duffy's. (I forgot the restaurant name, but you will see it once you enter cape cod)

Also do try chandu tail, it was one of my favorite snack while I was there.
            sigpic

Aug 2003: Walt Disney World
            Sept 2010 - May 2014: Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure
            Sept 2013: Disney Cruise Line Dream
            Sept 2013: Walt Disney World
            Jan 2014: Hong Kong Disneyland
            May 2014: Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
            July 2014: Disney Cruise Line Fantasy
            July 2014 - Current: WDW
            December 2014: Disneyland Paris
            May 2015 - July 2015 Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure
            May 2015 - Hong Kong Disneyland
            June 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
            September 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
            December 2015 - Disneyland Paris

Comment

Originally posted by greenkai3000 View Post
              so, after a few years of dreaming about it, planning carefully, and budgeting strategically, we are finally going to tokyo disney. Needless to say we are beyond excited about it. We will be staying 2 nights (late wednesday may 6, and thursday may 7) at the disneyland hotel. Miracosta is already booked solid . And the embassador is the only hotel with available rooms on the 8th, so we might be able to stay there on friday.

I would love to hear from tdr veterans about all your suggestions regarding a game plan for us, as far as maximizing rope drop being hotel guests, getting the most popular fast passes, and being able to eat all the good food and snacks, when we visit disney sea on thursday (the day after golden week is officially over), and disneyland on friday. We won't don't have little ones, so all the thrill rides are out top priorities, especially those unique to tdr, as well as being able to see the most popular shows.

what snacks do you recommend? Is there a great table or counter service restaurant at each park we should not miss, and do we need reservations for them? Are some shows really worth trying to get lottery tickets for?

All input is welcome, and greatly appreciated. :bow:
              lucky!!

Comment

I would recommend riding all the exclusives first. TSM, Indy, etc. are all great and a bit different at TDR, but seeing you are from the US and have visited DLR and WDW multiple times, ride the exclusives first.

Comment

Ride the most popular rides, where the FastPasses run out early, and which have long standby lines, first. (Toy Story Mania being the exception--avoid it since it's identical to the US parks. Most of the other rides which duplicate those in the US are plussed in many ways and often better in Tokyo.)
                  Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
                    Unfortunately, Mystic Rhythms will have closed, but do make Encore a priority as far as shows go.
                    The ENCORE show closed years ago. Instead "Big Band Beat" has been playing there for several years now. Unless Big Band Beat show has been replaced by a new Encore show? Any info on that from those in the know?

Comment

Encore was from 2001-2005. Only for about five years. Big Band Beat has been showing since 2006.

Comment

BBB is still very popular and most of the audiences are returning guests. The BBB Christmas is even greater... I hope they just keep the show.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                        Instagram
                        Flickr
                        Youtube

Comment

BBB is a very good show. However for me, after nine years of the same BBB (including the Christmas version) I'm ready for a new show. I've gotten to the point where on most visits I don't bother to go see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aotphks View Post
                            The ENCORE show closed years ago. Instead "Big Band Beat" has been playing there for several years now. Unless Big Band Beat show has been replaced by a new Encore show? Any info on that from those in the know?
                            :lol::lol::lol:

I just simply cannot quit making this mistake! I think I will just always associate the Broadway Theatre with Encore no matter how many times the show changes. My friends are always scratching their heads when I say I want to go see Encore in the park. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

I would love for them to bring back a Broadway style show, since I believe it's a better fit with the New York theme. I used to love Encore, BBB is ok, but yes it needs a refreshing theme.

I think I'm more upset with Mystic Rhythms leaving, but there's always room for improvement. I'm looking forward to the new show in Mermaid Lagoon since Little Mermaid is one of my favorites of the recent classics.

Comment

All the shows need a refresh. OLC paid Alan Mencken a lot of money for a brand new show to take the place of Big Band Beat--a narrative show with new songs. And then they shelved it. But I bet that about two years after the new show goes into the Mystic Rhythms theater, you'll see a new show go into Big Band Beat.
                                Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I hope it wont take 1 year to change a new show. Legend of Mythica just stopped so suddenly...

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                                  Instagram
                                  Flickr
                                  Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                  X