This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Priority Seating at TDR

Ok. Time to rely on those of you who have been to TDR before!! What is the current steps to make Priority Seating for Restaurants before the trip? I have heard mixed things and now, I see, the website seems to have just recently changed . Can I book online? Or must I call the reservation center? My trip is @ 6 weeks out.

Thank you in advance!!

Re: Priority Seating at TDR

I think I answered my own question! Fukai told me to use Google Chrome Translate, which I did, and found out how to do it. You can only do it 30 days in advance, but you can use the website, no need to call. I think we are booking Magellan's for TDS, and the Japanese Restaurant on Main Street in Disneyland.

Comment

I think Restaurant Hokusai is pretty expensive. Haven't eaten there myself, so not sure. You can probably get a better meal for less in Ikspiari, which is just a short walk from the park's front gate.
      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
        I think Restaurant Hokusai is pretty expensive. Haven't eaten there myself, so not sure. You can probably get a better meal for less in Ikspiari, which is just a short walk from the park's front gate.
        If I can butt in for a minute here...Can I ask Fukai what all places to eat in Ikspiari you'd recommend for first timers to try. Particularly places that are great, unique to TDR and affordable? Thanks!
        Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013. Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 . Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard: Tokyo Disney Resort Miracosta Hotel + Disneyland Hotel + Ambassador Hotel May 2015 My TDR TR http://www.disboards.com/threads/tdr...#post-54885231

Comment

Half the joy for me to visit Disney Resorts is experiencing the themed dining. I am bummed that Queen of Hearts will be closed as I heard it has best themeing. I am thrilled that TDS has booze, as I also love to sit and enjoy a nice cocktail in these themed environments. We plan to go to Ikspiari on our arrival night for a cheaper more authentic meal. Thanks again Fukai!

Comment

Originally posted by soccr62949 View Post
            I am thrilled that TDS has booze, as I also love to sit and enjoy a nice cocktail in these themed environments.
            You might enjoy the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge in the S.S. Columbia. The alcohol is a little more expensive but the atmosphere is enjoyable and transports you into a world outside of the park while still inside the park. There's also a exclusive souvenir parfait glass served in the lounge that we ate from and they brought out a brand new glass for us to take home, around 20 USD.

It's also enjoyable to eat sausage and drink beer from Barnacle Bill's while the refreshing sea breeze hits your face while in American Waterfront as well.

Comment

I highly recommend both Toraji (the Japanese version of Korean BBQ known as "Yakiniku") on the third floor, and also Imahan on the fourth floor which serves Sukiyaki and, my favorite, Shabu-Shabu. (Order the regular beef, not the premium.)

I've taken trips to the Tokyo Disney Resort and eaten at Imahan every night for five days straight. I dream about the succulent beef that melts in my mouth when I'm on the other side of the world!

Neither restaurant is cheap, but they both have great Waygu beef.

There's also a good Italian restaurant on the fourth floor (which is known as Chef's Row). Can't recall the name, but I've eaten there and it's good. Less expensive than Ristorante di Canaletto, for example, and just as good.

One place I would avoid is the Hawaiian hamburger joint that's near the Disney Store. Big yuck.

Comment

Fukai: Just a question! Wagyu Beef is not popular in America?

Soccr: You should try Hakata style ramen (noodle). The shop is Ippudo which is next door to Toraiji.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                Instagram
                Flickr
                Youtube

Comment

Comment

Thanks everyone. My mouth is watering from all this talk of good food. I will stay away from Hawaiian Burger and I detest Rainforest Cafe's food here in the states, so I doubt it will be any better there.

Comment

The best places for themeing in TDS- I think is Vulcania & also Magellans, I've yet to try out Ristorante di Canaletto.

Too bad Queen of Hearts is closed- all of the other restaurants are pretty good in TDL, but I wouldn't call them really themed. Grandma Sara's is pretty good too- I think I mentioned this in another forum.

Comment

If money is not an issue, you must try a fine dining seasonal course at Disney Hotel Restaurants.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                        Instagram
                        Flickr
                        Youtube

Comment

I've been wanting to dine in the Mira Costa- but yes, the prices are very high & for me, at least, the menu's are a little too fancy at times and seem to rely heavily on seafood, which I don't eat.

I did have a buffet breakfast a few years ago there- but still hope that one day I'll find a menu that I would like to try.

Comment

The hotel restaurants are absurdly expensive. If you want a breakfast buffet and Chef Mickey's is booked (as it usually is), Sherwood Forest in the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is pretty satisfying. Not worth the money, but at least you won't leave hungry.

Grandma Sara's in Critter Country is a curry restaurant, as is The Hungry Bear in Westernland.

One restaurant that hasn't been mentioned is the Sailing Day Buffet in DisneySea in the American Waterfront area, right near the S.S. Columbia. I ate there once as part of the first Disneyana Fan Festival and was surprised at how good the food was. As much sliced steak as you want to eat! I think it's $34 a person, which is not cheap, but if you are hungry and are tired of small portions, this is the place to chow down.

Some places sell what they claim is Wagyu Beef in the U.S., but it's nothing like what you get in Japan. I can only speak for Washington DC, where I live, and New York, where I'm from. And not all Wagyu Beef is created equal! I've eaten at restaurants in Tokyo where the beef was lousy, too. I stick to places that have demonstrated excellence to my taste buds!

Comment

I'll be at TDS next week for the first time ever, can't wait! How can I book PS online? It looks like it'll be available the day of only?

Also, we're staying at The Ambassador Hotel and I thought about eating Chef Mickeys for breakfast. Read somewhere there's always a long line, anyway to reserve ahead of time? Thanks!

Comment

My guess is that Chef Mickey's is already booked several weeks ahead and you're out of luck there.

Comment

Magellan is more expensive than good.

Comment

OMG booking online was SUCH a hard experience even with GOOGLE CHROME translator. YOU need to know how to a) write your name phonetically in Japanese script, which is not just as easy as putting it in a translator. I needed to get a Japanese speaking person to try for 10 minutes to get my name correct and b) you need to be able to write an address in Japan in Japanese , as well. We used our Hotel address, but had NO CLUE how to write it in japanese. Copying and pasting took FOREVER.....BUT, we did it. We got reservations at Magellans, and seats at the Minnie and Mickey Luau at TDL!!! SO excited. NExt week!!

Comment

Good luck. Let us know how your meals were for both restaurants.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X