Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limousine Bus Delays - again and the Hilton.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Limousine Bus Delays - again and the Hilton.

Hi There,

Well we are visiting again at the end of the year :yea: .

I have an almost identical question to last visit about timing of limousine bus. This time we are catching the first bus from the Hilton to Narita just after 7am for a 10am international flight. So if on time to terminal 2 we are arriving 1hour 45 before our flight. As this is cutting it fine and below the 2 hours I am just double checking that as this is not usually a time where there is a delay given that it's heading a way from Tokyo in the morning.

The second question I have although it is now less than a year to when we arrive only just when do they usually release the normal prices for the Hilton.

Thanks so much again!!!

Re: Limousine Bus Delays - again and the Hilton.

Your flight is leaving at the most crowded time of the day. I personally would look for an alternative method to get to the airport. Even if you are on time to arrive security at Terminal 2 is at it's daily PEAK for congestion.

Narita Airport Security Guide

Comment

I've got the early bus from the Hilton to Narita a few times and each time was OK but I had more time before my flight. If you're worried maybe check the airline policy or see if you could get a late bus or train to narita and stay overnight at the airport

Comment

Thanks I caught a flight at that time years ago and you have just reminded me how busy it was.

Train it is!

Thanks again

Comment

You should be at Narita 3 hours before your flight leaves, not just getting on the bus to the airport.
          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I wouldn't fool around too much arriving at the airport so close to the flight if you can avoid it- I always have the problem of my flight being in the evening around 4:30 - 5:30- but the departure times from the Hilton are either too early, or too late- so I opt for the earlier one just to be safe. Narita is one of the better airports that I've travelled thru without many problems- but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

For your second question about the Hilton- I haven't experienced any consistency with their room rates. They seem to change constantly and don't seem to follow any reasonable set pattern. You just have to check often and sometimes fool around with dates. Weekends are also the most expensive & can make weekly rates go even higher- I used to try to book weekdays separately from weekend days, but they must have caught on since then because it always changes.

Sometimes a month or two before, they may drop prices a bit- but that can be cutting it close too and that may not be the case either. To assure yourself, you can always book a room at the regular rate just so you have one since you can always cancel or change it if the rates drop. If rates do go down, then you can cancel it without problems & re-book at the lower pre-paid rate as it gets closer to your trip & after you have confirmed all of your other plans. But if you do the pre-paid lower rate now, then you are locked in & can't make changes.

If you aren't a Hilton Honors member- you should join, since it's free, and you can get an automatic room upgrade upon check-in if the room is available. I've been upgraded from a twin room to a Celebrio room every time for the past 6 years. They don't really advertise this- but it's been working for me.

Comment

Oh no, you should leave at least five hours before your flight's departure time, I remember on my way back from Japan I took the limo bus from Hilton and there was this passenger who was extremely agitated. he had a similar case to you got on the bus probably two hours before the flight and the bus driver cant control the time guests take to sort their business out, traffic and the amount of luggage they bring, so time does go really quickly and unfortunately for him by the time we reached the airport he missed his flight.

So make it atleast five hours from Tokyo Hilton Bay.
              Last edited by theconjurer; 01-08-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

There used to be a bus every hour from the Hilton to Narita. Then they cut out half the pickup times, and now there's one every two hours. I take the bus that is supposed to leave at 10:44 (It's never on time.) Usually get to the airport around noon or 12:10. Check-in opens at 12:30, and my flight is at 4.

Narita is a great airport. Lots of shopping and good restaurants. On the other side of security, there is a wonderful massage place called Racine. So, I usually do a little shopping, have lunch, get a massage, and then there's about 30 minutes before boarding begins for my flight.

Whatever you do, you do NOT want to miss your flight. The flights are packed leaving Japan.

Comment

Tourism is up in Japan. Many busses and rail schedules were cut back after the Great Tohoku Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuclear accident.

The Yen has gotten weaker and as time passes and it gets further and further away from the 2011 disasters, the foreign tourist are starting to flock back to Japan.

With this upturn, I'm expecting more frequent changes to public transportation schedules as ridership increases. I'd keep checking back on to know what is the current scheduling.

Comment

Departure times from the Hilton were halved several years before the earthquake/tsunami.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X