• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger55
    replied
    Re: Ana & Elsa's Frozen Fantasy

Originally posted by dizneydogs View Post
    anybody know if the new "frozen seasons" merchandise is going be around longer than the end of "frozen fantasy"?
    It is customary for TDR to remove all event specific merchandise overnight once an event concludes.

Leave a comment:

• dizneydogs
    replied

anybody know if the new "frozen seasons" merchandise is going be around longer than the end of "frozen fantasy"?

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

I tried the lottery and lost at least 5 or 6 times this past November- I'd love to see the new version, but won't be back in Japan again till after the special edition ends.

I did watch it 4 times from different spots while I was there- I had a good unobstructed view on the side- but you do miss some of the action projected. I tried viewing from right behind the seating area & was right at the rope where they let the people in to the seating area- but that wasn't so great. The last two times I just watched from a distance by World Bazzar- one time I was bad and was standing on a platform right in front of one of the posts by the stairs on the corner of the ice cream shop- I wasn't blocking anyone's view and the cast members didn't say anything to me, so I finally got a good unobstructed view and filmed it.

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4193.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	7359768
    The best way to see this show without the lottery ticket is the front row in front of the walking path. I used to get this spot just 15' before the show but now it needs more than 2 hours. Try the 2nd performance guys. And don't do lottery in mid day.

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

Indeed, Roger55 is correct. It is very hard to see, and also hard to win the lottery. I've never managed the trick, thus have not seen the show yet. It seems unlikely that I'll sit there in 30-degree weather next week to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Roger55
    replied

OUAT is very difficult to view if you don't have lottery seats. All the "non-lottery" viewing areas are filled with people camping out multiple hours prior to the start of the show.

My personal experience was that I waited nearly two hours to view OUAT from a standing area that was very far away AND partially obstructed.

Leave a comment:

• TDS Traveller
    replied

Sorry but are you telling us or asking?

Leave a comment:

• soccr62949
    replied

I know there is a LOTTERY for seats for Once Upon a Time--Frozen version. It is just as easy to come 30 minutes before an stand like in US parks?

Leave a comment:

• TDS Traveller
    replied

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be there Tue. 7/4 - Thur. 9/4 and then returning Sun. 19/4 - Wed. 23/4 so not only are we looking forward to much smaller expected crowds, we can also now look forward to this show! It's my first time seeing images mapped on the castle and my beautiful partner's first EVER trip to a Disney park!

This is shaping up to be THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

Im not so surprised. If anyone went to the park this winter, you will know how crowded TDL is... So much crowder than previous Christmas or Halloween... every weekday is like Golden Week...

Leave a comment:

• jrh1985
    replied

This event ends March 20th, except for OUAT. OUAT: Special Winter Edition turns into OUAT: Special Edition on March 21st until all the way to July 7th! This has to be a first for TDR to extend something right?

Here's the press release:

Popular Nighttime Entertainment at Tokyo Disneyland
    “Once Upon a Time: Special Winter Edition” Extended Through July 7

URAYASU, CHIBA— announced that performances of “Once Upon a Time: Special Winter Edition”“Once Upon a Time: Special Edition.” The special version includes scenes inspired by the popular Disney film Frozen and two of the film’s memorable songs “For the First Time in Forever” and “Let It Go.”

Since the debut of this special version of the nighttime entertainment “Once Upon a Time,” an unprecedented number of Guests have visited the Park to see it. This extension will provide even more Guests the opportunity to see this spectacular program. The special version was originally scheduled for a limited period as part of the Tokyo Disneylandspecial event “Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Fantasy.” This special event started on January 13 and will end as scheduled on March 20, 2015.
    As in the regular edition of “Once Upon a Time,” scenes from Tangled, Beauty and the Beast and other Disney films are projected onto the 51-meter-high Cinderella Castle using projection mapping technology to create a veritable “storybook come to life” on an awe-inspiring scale.

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

It'll be damn cold at night, but I'll be there by March 3 and looking forward to seeing it at night.

Leave a comment:

• qwerty2
    replied

Anyone know the names of the American actors of Elsa and Anna in the Japanese version? They look and act x100 better than the ones in the states!

Leave a comment:

• dizneydogs
    replied

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I know the site has been up for a while now:

Tokyo Disneyland Special Event "Anna and Elsa's Frozen Fantasy" | Tokyo Disneyland

I was looking at www.deepdisney.com earlier and noticed the decorations going up around the park.

There is one particular photo DeepDisney that I was wondering if anyone knows more about- it looks like there is some sort of lighting effect behind the snowflakes- I was wondering if there was going to be some sort of projected snow effect, or if it is just lighting.

Here is another angle DeepDisney It looks like they are directed towards the castle somewhat.

I wish I had to time to go see this myself, but I'm sure once it starts next week, videos and photos will be posted.

If anyone can give more info on what they are doing- please post.
    Night pic

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    Also, I'm aware that TDR doesn't do seasonal meet and greets, but Anna and Elsa should be available for meet and greet indefinitely because this event may be seasonal, but they are characters from a beloved film that is (like it or not) going to be around for years and the opportunity to meet them will bring guests in for years. All other princesses are out year-round, they should be as well....with a little extra crowd control of course.
    I think so too. But Tokyo Disney is very strict on the characters. I think they will keep Elsa for Frozen Fantasy and after the event, I think you can't see Elsa anywhere at Tokyo Disneyland. Just my opinion. Haha.

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

Originally posted by jrh1985 View Post
    TDL did Once Upon A Time with the full finale last night, Jan 14th. I didn't watch it all the way through so I don't know if every pyro shot is in there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhzpp9M71YU
    Frozen Fantasy looks great! 2 things I noticed:

Let It Go in Once Upon A Time looks like MK's Celebrate The Magic's Let It Go. And, I think they should have finished Let It Go in the greeting. It was building up to "My power" But ends right away. Wonder why TDL did that?
    Yeah it was full version last night. And the full version is SO GOOD! I think the Let It Go OUAT is the best one. This one is slightly better than MK with some pyros, spotlights and eye catching projection. The one in MK is simply a plain projection. Disney Dreams is too rely on Pyros and the fountain. It is like showing Elsa's face onto the castle...

I just wish if they do the greeting a little longer. The float just moves so very fast.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    The reason they wont do any stage show at the moment at TDL is because of Once Upon A Time, so dont expect any stage show happening at TDL now. I think stage show will now happen at Mediterranean Harbor. TDR rarely does meet and greet seasonally.
    I pictured a daytime stage show, not a nighttime spectacular. It wouldn't necessarily have to be at the castle foreground. But yeah, I know, not happening.

Also, I'm aware that TDR doesn't do seasonal meet and greets, but Anna and Elsa should be available for meet and greet indefinitely because this event may be seasonal, but they are characters from a beloved film that is (like it or not) going to be around for years and the opportunity to meet them will bring guests in for years. All other princesses are out year-round, they should be as well....with a little extra crowd control of course.

Leave a comment:

• jrh1985
    replied

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    The reason they wont do any stage show at the moment at TDL is because of Once Upon A Time, so dont expect any stage show happening at TDL now. I think stage show will now happen at Mediterranean Harbor. TDR rarely does meet and greet seasonally. You may never meet and snap a photo with Mickey in his seasonal costume.

Frozen is so popular here in Japan, and they sell 2 CDs for Frozen Fantasy. The parade which is last 4 minutes, and the extra scene is last 3 minutes, and they release 2CDs???? Sounds ridiculous to me.

They are so clever when adding a short parade, and people still come and camp for hours.

Once the Christmas event ended on 25th Dec, they never did a full pyro version for Once Upon A Time after that period

I hate how they keep cutting the pyros from the show without any reason

I hope once day they will increase the ticket fee, so they have more budget for entertainment.

Or I hope someday, the fans realise that OLC are treating them not very well by keep cutting entertainments, and not going to the park. So they can add more seasonal stage shows.
    TDL did Once Upon A Time with the full finale last night, Jan 14th. I didn't watch it all the way through so I don't know if every pyro shot is in there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhzpp9M71YU
    Frozen Fantasy looks great! 2 things I noticed:

Let It Go in Once Upon A Time looks like MK's Celebrate The Magic's Let It Go. And, I think they should have finished Let It Go in the greeting. It was building up to "My power" But ends right away. Wonder why TDL did that?

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

The reason they wont do any stage show at the moment at TDL is because of Once Upon A Time, so dont expect any stage show happening at TDL now. I think stage show will now happen at Mediterranean Harbor. TDR rarely does meet and greet seasonally. You may never meet and snap a photo with Mickey in his seasonal costume.

Frozen is so popular here in Japan, and they sell 2 CDs for Frozen Fantasy. The parade which is last 4 minutes, and the extra scene is last 3 minutes, and they release 2CDs???? Sounds ridiculous to me.

They are so clever when adding a short parade, and people still come and camp for hours.

Once the Christmas event ended on 25th Dec, they never did a full pyro version for Once Upon A Time after that period

I hate how they keep cutting the pyros from the show without any reason.

I hope once day they will increase the ticket fee, so they have more budget for entertainment.

Or I hope someday, the fans realise that OLC are treating them not very well by keep cutting entertainments, and not going to the park. So they can add more seasonal stage shows.
    Last edited by Duyanh92; 01-14-2015, 12:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

So can we discuss how this event is just decorations, food, a greeting parade, and a couple extra scenes in Once Upon a Time? You'd think they could at least include a sing-a-long stage show or a meet and greet, right?

Granted, Frozen mania is perhaps even bigger in Japan than the United States and facilitating these events could be a logistical nightmare, but it seems to be that the current arrangement just isn't sufficient. It doesn't warrant taking a day off work or a weekend to make the trip unless you are a true fanatic. You would think OLC could figure it out, like creating a meet and greet system where multiple friends are present in multiple rooms or staging the sing-a-long at the castle.

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X