X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagineer45
    replied
    Re: Before or after Christmas and staying at the Hilton

Go before Christmas if possible, it will be crowded but less crowded than right after Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

I used to be able to book a room for $165 during October. Now it's often more expensive than Disney's Ambassador Hotel, which is just crazy. So the $175 price for October is now relatively cheap!

Leave a comment:

• LizCatMom
    replied

Yeah, the first time we stayed at the Hilton, I believe our room was around $225. But, with out last visit Christmas 2013 -- and it was the week of Christmas -- I believe it was closer to $400.

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

Rooms at the Hilton were $175 a night (for October 2015) a few days ago. That used to be a high price there, now it's a low price.

Leave a comment:

• lovejapan
    replied

Thank you for all the extra information LizCatMom & jedimaster7313 its really appreciated

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

For the question regarding the breakfast- the Hilton site offers room rates with & without breakfast- unless there is some sort of special going on, breakfast normally isn't included with the room, unless you specifically book one. It does raise the price by 3000-3500 yen per person. I've never traveled with children, so I really don't know the rates there.

Can't help much with the crowds that time of year- I always go at the start of the Christmas Fantasy/Wishes & absolutely love the decorations, parades and shows in November. I would recommend going before.

I have done the breakfast in the past, but haven't done so in years since I feel the savings are greater on the room rates- I actually have more fun just getting the pastries in the parks for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• LizCatMom
    replied

Oh, and both my husband and I are happy with a salmon onigiri for a quick breakfast or late night snack. It had become habit to run into the convenience store for some yummies just about every night returning from the park. Yakisoba, how I miss you!

Leave a comment:

• LizCatMom
    replied

We lived in Japan for a few years (2007-2010) and I remember on our last visit being sad and even thinking we might never get to go back. Well, 2 years later after a stint in the states, we returned to Asia -- Korea this time -- and Korea is not but a short 2 hour flight to Tokyo and we took advantage of that, visiting several times for the 2 years we lived there. We have since returned to the states and when we were last there, the Spring Voyage trip I mentioned, we were walking out of DisneySea that last night and I know I got a little teary, really thinking it may be a while before we can return. But, sometimes you just never know . Besides, I can't complain too terribly much -- now we are only but a 2 hour flight from Anaheim and we enjoyed a Christmas visit to the original Disneyland. And I really enjoy the planning part of it, too!! It seems like we just get back from one Disney trip and it's not long before I'm planning the next. I'm glad I was able to put your mind at ease about the dates and I hope you have a wonderful time. Let me add one other little bit, something you may have already thought of, the weather can become quite chilly right around the week of Christmas. I can recall vividly as we were walking back to It's a Small World at night (my girls wanted to ride it one last time) and the wind was pretty cold, I was so glad to have my scarf and gloves. I believe the temperature was the low 40s, which doesn't sound too bad, but the wind made it seem colder. So, just remember those layers and extras like scarfs and gloves!

Leave a comment:

• lovejapan
    replied

Thanks ebiten and LizCatMom. LizCatMom thank you so much you have reassured as we had gone ahead and booked the days before Christmas knowing it will be busy but was a little worried. I love the Christmas theming too as we went in early November in 2010 but being further out from Christmas was fine. I am so happy to see it again and to show our friends what it is all about.

With regards to the Hilton thanks I think it will be the same as once we had booked it gave the prices for the kids breakfast and yes they were about $20 + dollars each. The other family have booked the same deal so if allowed we may share our vouchers so each family can eat at least one breakfast together or if not 2 from each family can go down together on each day and the others can grab things from the convenience store. My daughters favourite for breakfast is the tuna onigiri so she will be right...lol.

We are so excited as each time we come we think we won't be here again for a long time and some how it has ended up 3 times in 5 years. The only thing this time is we are only doing one day in each park so we have already started the planning for what we must see and what we aren't too worried about. The planning is all part of the fun for me!

Thanks again
    Last edited by lovejapan; 02-01-2015, 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• LizCatMom
    replied

We went one year the week before Christmas; the following year, we went the week of Christmas and it only seemed slightly more crowded, but manageable. Of the handful of times that we've been fortunate to go to TDR, the worst crowds I've seen was opening week of Spring Voyage/Disneyland Easter. I think it was several factors to include the new events, warmer weather, and cherry blossoms were in bloom. Whenever we've gone to TDR, we've anticipated crowds, but that particular visit was probably the sole one where we've thought "It's too crowded!" So, I would encourage you to go on a the 22nd and 23rd! The Christmas stuff is so fun!

The one time we've booked the Hilton and it included breakfast, it only provided vouchers for the 2 adults (me and my husband) and we had to pay out of pocket for our girls who were approximately 4 and 5 at the time. However, if i remember correctly, when booking the room I specified that "2 adults and 2 children" would be occupying the room. I'd read on another website that if you specify 4 adults staying in the room, then you would receive 4 vouchers. But, then, if by selecting 4 adults in the room, I don't know if it charges a higher room rate. I will say, I think the cost to pay out of pocket for our girls to eat was approximately $20 per child. That was the most expensive cereal and muffin I've even paid for my life! Lol. After that, we decided the the "Included Breakfast" actually cost us more money than just grabbing a few things from the well-stocked convenience store in the hotel.

One other thing to note just in case -- if you do stay at the Hilton, go ahead and sign up for their rewards program, Hilton Honors. They have a dedicated check-in line for members. It's free and it saved us a long wait more than once, both checking in and also at the buffet should you decide to go with the included breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• ebiten
    replied

I would call/email Hilton customer service to ask about the breakfast just to be safe. If they don't know offhand they will look it up and notify you when they can answer your questions.

Leave a comment:

• lovejapan
    replied

Thanks Roger55 I think we will go for it and put up with the crowds as we love the season. Sorry I was rambling I meant after the week after New Years so know it's quiet by then but also short hours.

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Roger55
    replied

Before Christmas will allow you to experience the Christmas event. Unlike the other Disney Parks, TDR ends their Christmas event on Christmas Day. The short New Years event starts on New Years Day.

The week in between Christmas and New Year might be slightly less crowded because the event will have concluded, but because it is winter break I would guess it's still going to be very crowded. I would say it all comes down to how important it is to you to be able to experience the Christmas shows, parades, decorations, special food and special merchandise.

Can't help on the question about the Hilton as I have not stayed there. However, it is typical for breakfast to be included for everyone as most Japanese hotel room charges are based on the number of occupants per room.

Leave a comment:

• Before or after Christmas and staying at the Hilton

Hi,

We are off to Tokyo Disney again whoo hoo. This time we are travelling with another family who hasn't been to Disney before. There will be four adults four children. Originally we were doing a day and a half in Tokyo and heading up to Niseko for Christmas and thus planned to visit Disneyland and DisneySea 1 day each on return after New Years when it is quiet. However we have a little flexibility and Hilton has just released a special which makes the prices great to visit Disney on the Tuesday the 22nd and Wednesday 23rd of December. I have checked the Japanese crowd calendar that says those days are quiet. But I recall previously seeing an english that says those days are busy.

I love that we would be there for christmas and it would mean 1 less change required in accommodation on the trip but I know it will be busier than in the new year.

So what would you do?

Second question if we are booking at the hilton for a family of four and the room prices come up breakfast inclusive (last time we did room only but it covered all of us) does this cover all of us for breakfast as on the hilton website there is a separate section talking about children charged as adults and am trying not to get caught out particularly for the other family as we are guiding them what to do.

Thanks again as always

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X