Clear All

• News Stitch Encounter Coming to Disneyland Tokyo in July

'Stitch Encounter' to Open at Tokyo Disneyland in July - Stitch Kingdom

Click image for larger version

Name:	stitchsgreatescape.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	7376896
    Visit Shanghai Disneyland on Reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/ShanghaiDisneyland/

Re: Stitch Encounter Coming to Disneyland Tokyo in July

It's not the Magic Kingdom version but the version found in Hong Kong Disneyland and the Walt Disney Studios park. Still a nice addition!

Comment

You mean Stitch Live! I love that in Paris, even though Stitch sometimes sounds a bit French! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jjR62xb4sk
      Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
        You mean Stitch Live! I love that in Paris, even though Stitch sometimes sounds a bit French! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jjR62xb4sk

The correct name IS Stitch Encounter.

Below is the Official OLC Press Release. Always best to go right to the source.

============================================

January 16, 2015

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Publicity Department

Oriental Land Co., Ltd.

New Attraction at Tokyo Disneyland Park

Stitch Encounter

To Open on July 17, 2015

URAYASU, CHIBA
        Stitch Encounter (offered in Japanese only) will open in Tomorrowland at on July 17, 2015. Guests of all ages will be able to enjoy this new theater-type attraction, and together with Stitch will have a main role in the attraction.
        Attraction Facts

Note: For the limited period of Friday, July 17, 2015 to Thursday, March 31, 2016, the Disney hotel Guest privilege "Happy 15 Entry" will apply to Stitch Encounter as well. This privilege allows Guests staying at any of the Disney hotels to enter Tokyo Disneyland 15 minutes before the regular Park opening time.

For inquiries from the general public, please give the following contact number:

Note: From overseas, and from some mobile phones and IP phones, please call 045-330-5211.

For press inquiries, please contact:

Publicity Department, Oriental Land Co., Ltd. 047-305-5111

Comment

The AA figure in the OP's photo has been in Tokyo Disneyland for years ... in the Tiki Room.

This is just a version of Turtle Talk with Crush with seats and a screen. Considering the crowds, and the size of the original building, it's likely they're constructing two identical theaters for it. It's okay for little kids, otherwise it's just a waste of space. It's the least expensive attraction they could have possibly chosen.

The only good news is that it will draw people away from other stuff.
          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
            Considering the crowds, and the size of the original building, it's likely they're constructing two identical theaters for it.
            A reasonable assumption given that the old Captain EO attraction sat approximately 350 Guests and the press release for Stitch says the theatre will hold 160 Guests.

Comment

I wish this meant that he is leaving the Tiki Room.

Comment

When I saw a Stitch attraction under construction I was hoping it would have been something new and innovative but as Fukai said, it is similar to Turtle Talk with Crush. I was also assuming it would be similar or exactly like Stitch's Great Escape in Orlando.

This will keep some of the kids, maybe people in their 20-30's, entertained. I assume it will be in completely done in Japanese so it will alienate foreign guests, especially if there are jokes like the CM's do on Jungle Cruise. Maybe they will have a person who can speak multiple languages depending on who gets chosen to speak to Stitch but we will have to see.

Comment

It will be all in Japanese. I doubt non-Japanese speaking Guests will want to experience the attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger55 View Post
                    It will be all in Japanese. I doubt non-Japanese speaking Guests will want to experience the attraction.
                    We can just remember fondly the Innoventions meet'n'greet with Stitch from 2005 and say yeah... not missing much and go on something else :P

Comment

The space could have been much better used. I'm hoping that this inexpensive attraction is just a placeholder until something better comes up.
                      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Saw the video. Looks painful. Thanks for the warning.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X