This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] One day stay - how doable?

Hello, I might have a day to spare at Tokyo when visiting there, and as I have visited Paris and Florida parks in the past (altough long time ago), I am more focused on bigger things I have not seen. However, I would not mind seeing some old classics if its doable.

I was thinking of both park's highlights in a day, but I am not sure how doable it is. I did try to make a list of things I find most interesting, but its fairly long so I presume its not all doable. I thought maybe you guys can tell what I am up against when it comes to time, so thanks for any opinions. I unfortunately won't have time to spent two days there, as far as I know at the time of writing.

- Indiana Jones (I've read single riders tip, but would really like to do it with a friend..so I guess fastpass or first thing?)
    - Tower of Terror
    - 20,000 Leagues under the Sea
    - Journey to the Center of the Earth

- Jungle Cruise (Walk-in normally, but now its been renovated? Huge crowds?)
    - Haunted Mansion (Walk-in at evenings?)
    - Pirates (Walk-in at evenings?)
    - Space Mountain
    - Western Riverrailroad
    - Splash Mountain
    - Star Tours (maybe as its the new digital version?)
    - Monsters Inc

Thanks!

Re: One day stay - how doable?

There is no way you can do everything in one day, TDS and TDL have too much to do. I would recommend getting to the parks as early as possible and leaving as late as possible and having a plan for the rides. Get FP early for the rides with the biggest waits. But, go in expecting you won't do everything.

Comment

Sorry to have to break this to you, unless your going to be staying a night at one of the 3 Disney hotels which have special park hopping tickets, you can't buy one day park hopping tickets. The only public park-hopping tickets available are attached to 3 and 4 day multi-passes where the first two days are designated to a specified park of your choice and the last one (3 day) or last two (4 day) are the park hopping tickets.

If you can't get another day I would encourage you to pick Disney Sea, as it's so unique and unlike any-other Disney park in the world. Plus it's more designed and aimed at teenagers and adults.

Comment

I agree with Charmed.

Also, MI is HUGELY overrated, the JC apparently now has long lines due to the refurb and I wouldn't bother with the Railroad. It doesn't even go around the park (and yes, I know why).

And while I ADORE the HM, POTC and Splash, if I only had one day, I'd prefer to visit TDS!

There's just nothing else like it in the world. Plus you get the cred of being one of the few western Disney fans who's actually been there and can brag to all the lamos who are paying through the nose for their thirty seventh holiday to Orlando while complaining Japan is too far, too expensive and they worry about the language issue!

Hell, some of those southern female CMs in Florida needed subtitles for THIS Australian!

Comment

I would also recommend spending your day at Tokyo Disney Sea just because it's so unique and different than any other Disney Park. I do love Tokyo Disneyland- but choosing between the two, would be Disney Sea.

If you opt for Tokyo Disneyland- unless you really have to see it- I wouldn't waste my time on Jungle Cruise- I spent 2 hours on line waiting to see the changes- and it really wasn't worth it at all- The final scene in the temple is neat, but not worth spending a few hours on line.

You could always do Disney Sea in the day, then get an after 6 pass for Disneyland, but that would be very costly & you would have to rush around and really wouldn't be able to enjoy yourself and not see everything anyway.

Comment

That is interesting that they do not have park hopper! I sort of presumed that surely they have one. Thanks for the tips everyone!

Haven't seen original version of HM or Pirates in very many years, but if I have to pick Indiana Jones (never seen it) and few others do sound something that one should not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraken View Post
              That is interesting that they do not have park hopper! I sort of presumed that surely they have one. Thanks for the tips everyone!

Haven't seen original version of HM or Pirates in very many years, but if I have to pick Indiana Jones (never seen it) and few others do sound something that one should not miss.
              Only one park... easily TDS. TDL is unique, but is still a Magic Kingdom style park that is similar to parks in the US. TDS is unique to the world and has more Tokyo only attractions than TDL.

Comment

I'd buy tickets for both parks and sample the best of each.
                Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

If you do 3 rides in TDL and then spend the rest of the day in TDS you will get to see a lot. But I would never do it like that unless I had no choice.

Comment

for 1 day its got to be TDS, but if you insist to do both

then morning and afternoon at TDS, Night see what you can salvage at TDL. there is no one day park hopper tickets even at the hotels. you can buy a one day ticket for a park and then a starlight pass for the other.

Comment

Most of the rides in Tokyo Disneyland that have versions in the US are plussed beyond what's in the United States. They are worth seeing. Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Monster's Inc., the Mark Twain, Splash Mountain--these alone are worth the admission price.
                      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I agree with the others- TDS is my favorite Disney park in the world! You'll want to go there in the day and wander around, especially in the fort. But there's no aspect of it I don't love.

My husband and I bought the After 6 pass for TDL (we usually do TDS twice and TDL once, and on our second TDS day we purchased the evening pass). It was a great way to see TDL quickly...we saw the Dreamlights parade and rode the highlights. So that could be one way you can both, even if you only do TDL in passing.

Hopefully you can get lucky and you'll be gifted two days!

Comment

I agree with the posts above if you can only visit one park make it Disneysea, it's so different to the other Disney parks that you should see it. Think of it like having one day at WDW and not visiting EPCOT.

If you do visit TDL make sure you add Poohs Hunny hunt to your list. It's a fantastic ride and a huge step up from the dark rides stateside

Comment

As many have said, I'd personally recommend TDS over TDL as well

If all you're after are attractions, then perhaps you can do TDS in the morning. Not ideal since there's a lot to soak in.

You'll have to buy two tickets like the others said.

And this plan might sacrifice Pooh's Hunny Hunt depending on the crowd levels, but it should allow you three big attractions in each park.

From my experience, I was able to do more attractions by noon on a busy day in TDS than in TDL, which is another reason I'd recommend to start there, if you're doing a one-day marathon-sprint.

Be at the park before opening (one hour is what most recommend)

1. Tower of Terror FP (on a busy day, you might get a noontime at rope drop)
                            2. Journey to the Center of the Earth (stand-by). I'd personally skip 20,000 Leagues, but if it's a must, you can do it immediately after Journey.
                            3. Indy (If your goal is to go to both parks in one day, then single rider is the only way to go).
                            4. You must squeeze in Sinbad before you leave.

If you're like me, then I understand that a huge part of wanting to visit TDR is to go on the classic rides.

From my trip, TDL felt more crowded, so good luck in lining up and all. Everything, except PotC, had long lines.

On a busy day, it's still possible to get late afternoon/evening FP at lunch time for most attractions except for Pooh's Hunny Hunt/Monsters Inc./Astroblasters.

1. Get Pooh's Hunny Hunt FP (if available) or Splash Mountain FP
                            2. While waiting, line up for Haunted Mansion (or either Pooh/Splash, whichever you didn't get a FP for)
                            3. Get Star Tours FP
                            4. Do PotC whenever.

I hope this helps sort things out for you.
                            Last edited by SirEdge; 02-10-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Not bad.

Personally, I'd prefer a more leisurely day in one park and that park would be TDS.

On my first holiday there in Oct. 2001 I spent a whole Saturday morning(my fourth day of four)just walking around, not riding anything and STILL feeling I got my money's worth!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X