This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News The End of Good Taste

How disgraceful this is. They've remodeled a significant number of the the rooms at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel into "character rooms" that look like the cartoon trash from the Art of Animation Resort in Walt Disney World.

Why? The hotel is fully booked most of the time.

What a pity. It was certainly the most beautiful hotel I've stayed in at any Disney Resort worldwide.

Read it and weep:
    Tokyo Disneyland Hotel set to enchant guests with new character themed rooms! | RocketNews24
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Re: The End of Good Taste

I only like Cinderella room. The rest are gaudy.

Comment

I dont think this looks like Art of Animation Resort at all! Although, the rooms look a bit like plastic rather than elegance (just like pp said about Mystic Manor facade).

But the Japanese love it, and I love it too. I dont think Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is fully booked most of the time. That hotel is the one that usually has room available since opening.

I love the Victorian but Japanese never care about that, and they still have plenty of original rooms.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
      Instagram
      Flickr
      Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
        I dont think this looks like Art of Animation Resort at all! Although, the rooms look a bit like plastic rather than elegance (just like pp said about Mystic Manor facade).

But the Japanese love it, and I love it too. I dont think Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is fully booked most of the time. That hotel is the one that usually has room available since opening.

I love the Victorian but Japanese never care about that, and they still have plenty of original rooms.
        Completely agree. Everyone has their own tastes, I like the elegant look myself, but it's not the necessary vibe I need when visiting Disney as I understand Disney is mostly for the children. I hope they leave plenty original rooms so people now have more options, because if this was 10 years ago I would be so excited to stay in one of those character rooms. These rooms also looks way better than the ones in WDW as I'm actually impressed with the design, every kid will go crazy in those rooms. Doesn't look cheap at all, just a little plastic. Seems like if you don't like the rooms, you don't have to stay in them. No need to weep and pity, I know the actually families staying in those rooms aren't. Sounds like an exaggeration for rooms that I'm assuming will have nothing to do with you as you can still enjoy the original ones, so I don't understand how this hotel still can't be as beautiful to you as before the renovations.

edit: The article claims only 182 rooms out of 706 were renovated. The only uproar should be by people shocked that they didn't make a FROZEN room.
        Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 02-16-2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I guess it just depends on whether or not what your tastes are. I think the Alice in Wonderland room is quite fun and I love all the little touches, particularly the Mad Hatter lamp and the White Rabbit armoire! We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a few years ago in one of the standard rooms and really enjoyed it, I thought it was very elegant with just enough subtle touches of Disney/Mickey, but I think my girls found it a little boring/too grown up. We've since stayed at the Hilton in one of the Happy Magic rooms and they still talk about when we stayed there.

Comment

However, I wish those rooms aren't in the Disneyland Hotel. It just breaks the overall theme of the hotel. I wish they make the fourth hotel and do this kind of room. At least, OLC does the rooms very well. The architecture in those room is exactly like the architecture inside TDL Cinderella Castle rather than those suites inside Cinderella Castle, or Disneyland Hotel Anaheim. I think the kids will love this modern classic design.

For truly elegance, I think they will do it at the new Miracosta room. I cant wait to see and stay at both hotels.

Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

Comment

It looks terrible! They could have done it with taste... but no.

Comment

I have to disagree. I'll start by saying I'm in interior design. I'm not much for character theming, but this is executed excellently. This was done VERY expensively. All the furnishings are custom, not just thematically appropriate, standard line contract furniture you might find at a WDW. These rooms are very well thought out and, from an interiors perspective, about as good as they could be. They may not be your cup of tea, but they are not done in poor taste.

Comment

Originally posted by UbIwerks View Post
                  I have to disagree. I'll start by saying I'm in interior design. I'm not much for character theming, but this is executed excellently. This was done VERY expensively. All the furnishings are custom, not just thematically appropriate, standard line contract furniture you might find at a WDW. These rooms are very well thought out and, from an interiors perspective, about as good as they could be. They may not be your cup of tea, but they are not done in poor taste.
                  You know the theme of the hotel is ITALY? Tinkerbell does not come from Italy. They should have done it more in style with the theme of the hotel and the port of call the hotel is in.
                  What's next? A Buzz Lightyear room in Animal Kingdom Lodge?

...did I say it looks mostly tacky?

They can call it what ever they want but it sure is NOT classy. An expensive kids room.
                  Subtle is sometimes better than a smack in the face.
                  Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-18-2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                    You know the theme of the hotel is ITALY? Tinkerbell does not come from Italy. They should have done it more in style with the theme of the hotel and the port of call the hotel is in.
                    What's next? A Buzz Lightyear room in Animal Kingdom Lodge?

...did I say it looks mostly tacky?
                    Just one correction. These renovated rooms are at the Victorian-themed Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, not the Italian-themed MiraCosta. I actually find the BatB and Cinderella ones quite tasteful, although they are still out of place with the Victorian theme. The Tinkerbell and Alice in Wonderland ones do look quite tacky to me- the color scheme in particular is quite nauseating in my opinion.

For anyone interested, the MiraCosta is also undergoing renovation at this moment. The difference is that their new rooms are far more elegant and beautiful. While I loved the TDLH, the MiraCosta still gets my vote for the most beautiful Disney hotel both inside and out.

東京ディズニーシー・ホテルミラコスタ 客室リニューアル|ディズニーホテル

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
                      I understand Disney is mostly for the children.
                      Above is EVERYTHING that's wrong with Disney, these days and a lot of the cause of WDW's slide.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                        You know the theme of the hotel is ITALY? Tinkerbell does not come from Italy.
                        It's The Disneyland Hotel not the Miracosta. If it had been then I would agree with you but I don't think these rooms stand out for being much worse in terms of taste than what Disneyland, and specifically TDL's Fantasyland already represents.

Comment

Apparently I have no taste since I love these rooms, despite being an adult. The only thing they have in common with the WDW value resorts is that they have bright colors (which I happen to like in general). Otherwise, there is a ton more elegance and detail in all of these rooms, imo.

Comment

On the subject of good taste, I dislike the 2013 redesign of the Ambassador Hotel lobby to include more obvious Disney references. The night sky ceiling with fiber optic stars and constellations of characters was much more subtle and classy compared to the current mural of Disney characters in airplanes.

Before
                            http://www.ramsa.com/images/content/1/0/10593.jpg

After
                            Disney Ambassador Hotel: Other Facilities

I almost thought it was an ad for the Planes movie the first time I saw it.

Comment

I think these rooms look awesome, ESPECIALLY the Alice in Wonderland rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by RSG View Post
                                Just one correction. These renovated rooms are at the Victorian-themed Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, not the Italian-themed MiraCosta. I actually find the BatB and Cinderella ones quite tasteful, although they are still out of place with the Victorian theme. The Tinkerbell and Alice in Wonderland ones do look quite tacky to me- the color scheme in particular is quite nauseating in my opinion.

For anyone interested, the MiraCosta is also undergoing renovation at this moment. The difference is that their new rooms are far more elegant and beautiful. While I loved the TDLH, the MiraCosta still gets my vote for the most beautiful Disney hotel both inside and out.
                                I was drunk when I wrote that. Now that I am getting sober and myself again. I think that the rooms are still too much. Thank good I was wrong about the hotels.

Thank you for correcting me. I could have kept on going with this forever. ...like with how much I think WDS sucks.

Comment

The newly redecorated rooms do not belong at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel. In fact, each of the three Disney hotels is so well themed that these type of rooms belong in none of them. They should be a fourth hotel that is themed like a kid's bedroom.
                                  Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Wow, those rooms are bright. How can anyone get a restful night's sleep there? I still like the Tokyo Hilton Bay the best.

Comment

They're definitely a bit tacky and harsh on the eyes, particularly the Tinkerbell and Alice ones. These character rooms were initially designed to compensate for the poor views on that side of the hotel, but the original designs were deemed too subtle and not that different from the standard rooms. The new designs are over the top, but I'm sure they will be very popular with families.

Comment

I think the Cinderella is the worst one.

Facebook
                                        Instagram
                                        Flickr
                                        Youtube

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X