• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tloolgb
    replied
    Re: Complaints from Boobs

Originally posted by Fukai View Post

How could someone miss the convenience store full of food in the hotel?

Yeah I can back them up on this however...we did the same thing until the morning of our flight when we were exploring the hotel because we didn't want to go anywhere and miss the bus. They're not the first nor the last to miss the store in the hotel. lol

Leave a comment:

• Sixh
    replied

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
    But you can indeed walk to the restaurants or convenience stores at half a dozen other hotels from the Hilton, and you can even walk to Ikspiari! Yes, a boob indeed.
    I ate at ikspiari everyday for two years, theres a lot of good stuff here, and very convenient.
    But if you are too lazy to get out of bed and order roomservice you must pay, thats the rule, isnt that clear to everyone?
    (AND when you order something, the price is always described in the room-menu or something like that isn't it ?)

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

I never complain about boobs.

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

But you can indeed walk to the restaurants or convenience stores at half a dozen other hotels from the Hilton, and you can even walk to Ikspiari! Yes, a boob indeed.

Leave a comment:

• RSG
    replied

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    The reviews for DisneySea are even more infuriating for me. I stopped visiting the site when I saw"not nearly as fun as California Adventure."
    To be fair, I would call that a difference of opinion rather than an inaccurate statement. The reviews on TripAdvisor come from more than just hardcore Disney fans, some of who probably don't care much about theming. I've seem similar statements comparing the original Disneyland to places like Six Flags or Cedar Point. I agree that the best thing to do is to skip these reviews and read from people who actually share the same interests and priorities you have.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

The reviews for DisneySea are even more infuriating for me. I stopped visiting the site when I saw"not nearly as fun as California Adventure."

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

I mixed up room service, thinking they meant housekeeping service, now I feel like the boob. I guess the hectic day at work really got to me today.

I never order room service, I'd prefer to eat in one of the hotel restaurants, I guess they missed the Conveniently located restaurants in the hotel lobby as well.

Leave a comment:

• TDS Traveller
    replied

This is a perfect example of why I use finely honed "screening" intuition when checking TA for their reviews.

That and if the reviewer can barely spell or put a sentence together, I kind of accept that their cognitive reasoning abilities may not be the best, either.

Leave a comment:

• Roger55
    replied

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I don't know what they mean by astronomical prices on room service. You pay for a nightly room rate- I've never noticed a separate charge for room service.
    Room service is when you order food to be brought to your room. That is what the reviewer meant. The reviewer appears to be use to hotels that are in the middle of the city where there are typically places to go to get something to eat within walking distances of the hotel. The reviewer didn't take into consideration the convinience store or that Ikspiari is just a short monorail trip away.

Don't know if that makes the reviewer a "boob". To me this just means the reviewer has different expectations of hotels than others.

A more useful review comment would have been to say the Hilton Tokyo Bay hotel is not located within the city and there are no shops or restaurants within walking distance.

Typically online reviews DO reflect personal expectations, experiences and opinions. They do not always reflect factual information. Much like these online discussion forums.

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

I don't know what they mean by astronomical prices on room service. You pay for a nightly room rate- I've never noticed a separate charge for room service.

Yes, the hotel is on the bay with the theme parks, Ikspiari and other hotels- what did they expect, to be in walking distance of central Tokyo??

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

Although Hilton is my least favorite hotel at the resort... this guy is just so stupid...

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    started a topic [Other] Complaints from Boobs

Complaints from Boobs

I hate reading inaccurate stuff like this on TripAdvisor regarding the wonderful Hilton Tokyo Bay. (I have left the person's name in because it's part of the public record on TripAdvisor.):

"Great location, tacky rooms, overpriced room service"

Jodie D Sydney, Australia. 10/26/2014
    Great location, tacky rooms, overpriced room service. Beware - room service is extremely expensive which has left a horrible feeling of being taken advantage of by this hotel. The location is great for visiting Disneyland and Disneysea but it also means there's nothing else around except other hotels so they've decided to charge astronomical prices for room service. After spending the previous few weeks travelling around Japan and finding such wonderful hospitality and everything reasonably priced, I was extremely disappointed and angry with being ripped off like this.

How could a person be so dumb to write, "There's nothing else around except other hotels ..." ?

How could someone miss the convenience store full of food in the hotel?

How could someone not know about Ikspiari, which is filled with restaurants, and plenty of cheap ones in the food court?

If you want to find a restaurant near your hotel, don't you usually ask at the front desk or the concierge?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X