Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report will be at HKDL and TDR next week!

Hello all! Leaving tomorrow for a Disney Trip of my lifetime tomorrow. We are going to HKDL on Sat/Sun and then to TDR Wed-Saturday ( 3/3-3/7). Should be medium " spicy" at TDR but looks like it will rain most of the time, which " might" control crown volume. I will report back with good pics and info on Frozen/Tower of Terror 13. This trip will be the final book ends to seeing and working in every Disney venue ( including DCL) in my life. I might ask if I can get a photo of me selling ice cream or dancing in the parade, so I can say I " officially" worked in every park. if anyone has any last minute advice for either of the parks, please pass on!!!

Re: will be at HKDL and TDR next week!

Rain will do almost NOTHING to to crowds at TDR. They will be there. They will be there early. They will run over everything in their path to Pooh/Monsters/TS.

They cannot be stopped. Get their early and be ready, but nothing will prepare you for seeing it in person.

PS have fun, I still need to go to HK and the cruise ships.

Comment

I well remember one of my early trips to Tokyo Disneyland sometime in the 1980s. I was astounded to see long lines of people with umbrellas waiting for every attraction even though it was miserable, chilly, and raining. You do not see that in the U.S.
      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I'm hoping to get to HKDL someday- We had a planned HKDL/TDR & Macau trip planned last May- It would have been my first time there, but unfortunately my lifetime travel buddy had to have heart surgery, which postponed the trip & then he passed away this past June.

So now I'm basically on my own.

I've been to TDR many times and it's not fun on rainy days.

Comment

Jedimaster, I'm going to go to the opening of Shanhai Disneyland, then Hong Kong Disneyland, and then end up at the Tokyo Disney Resort. At least that's my plan if the Iron Man Experience is open by the time Shanghai Disneyland opens.

It's not a bad way to hit all three parks. Not going to be cheap, but one doesn't get the chance to go to the opening of many Magic Kingdom style parks, and I'm hoping that Shanghai won't repeat the mistakes of Hong Kong.

At the moment Shanghai looks like it's going to be short on attractions for the first few years, but there are more high-quality E-tickets opening at Shanghai than Hong Kong had until recently (in that way, Shanghai Disneyland appears to be modeled on Tokyo DisneySea--fewer attractions but higher quality and deep theming).

Comment

I don't know if I'll go to the actual opening of Shanghai, but do plan to go next year if I can. I was actually just looking to see what I had to do to get a visa earlier today since I've never needed one before.

I may try to plan a combo trip too- but I'll have to see how it goes.

Comment

To get a visa to China these days, you no longer need a letter of invitation. You can just go and get a tourist visa. It's still a pain in the neck because you have to go twice, but other than that and the money, it's pretty simple.

Comment

I might be going the same route as you Fukai if I can get the vacation time. Would love to be there for Shanghai's opening then hit up the other Disney parks in Asia. It will probably be a three week vacation.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X