Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

My First trip to Tokyo Disneyland Resort (VERY photo heavy)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My First trip to Tokyo Disneyland Resort (VERY photo heavy)

Awesome TR and pictures. Can't wait to see more. We'll be there in less than 4 weeks and really look forward to our own experience at TDR.
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013. Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 . Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard: Tokyo Disney Resort Miracosta Hotel + Disneyland Hotel + Ambassador Hotel May 2015 My TDR TR http://www.disboards.com/threads/tdr...#post-54885231

Comment

Thanks for posting. I also am wondering about the camera and lens for the nighttime photos.

Also, we will be arriving at Disney by train from Kyoto -- any advice about making that trip?

Comment

Once you get to Tokyo station just ask somebody to point you to the Keio line.

You'll actually see signs that say "Tokyo Disney Resort"/"TDL, joined with the Keio Line signs.

After you board it's about six stops.

It's really easy - trust me - I used to be TERRIFIED of the Japanese train system but that's one of THE EASIEST trips you'll make!

Comment

Amazing! I'm gonna swim there if I have to. THANK YOU for bringing it all to life!!

Comment

Originally posted by AmyAnne View Post
            Thanks for posting. I also am wondering about the camera and lens for the nighttime photos.

Also, we will be arriving at Disney by train from Kyoto -- any advice about making that trip?
            We came in from Kyoto as well. Best thing we used was google maps the whole trip. Told us what train to catch and where the station was.
            We caught the bullet train from Kyoto to Tokyo then walked what felt like miles to the Keio line. Then a few stop and we were there YAY! Like all travel in Japan it was easy.

The camera Chris used was a SONY ALPHA 6.
            Lens':
            Sony 50mm 1.8 lens (Great for low light)
            Sony 16mm lens ultra wide converter (great for tight spaces)

Day 3 and 4 coming soon. Hopping for some time to do it tomorrow.
            Insta: Toddm205

Comment

Oh and avoid Shinjuku Station (otherwise known as the station where signs either tell you EVERYTHING [and I mean EVERYTHING], or NOTHING of value). Tokyo Station is relatively simple compared to the honeycomb maze that is Shinjuku Station!

Comment

Sorry its taken me so long to get back into this. I don't know how people do this every week!

Here is our second day at Tokyo Disney SEA.
                Hope you enjoy what was a long day.

We woke up just before 6am to get to the monorail around 7 and be in line for the parks by 7.30. This all worked well.. Although we were still about 20-30 deep in the queue.

We had our Plan set. Chris would go put our bags into a locker and I would run and get us our Fastpass for Toy Story Midway Mania. We would then meet and head to the back of the park and work our forward.

So we went our separate ways. Chris had time to video the carnage that is opening of the Tokyo parks. I was long gone..

https://youtu.be/JrbkfpbL4MA

Once we met up we took on Raging Spirits.

Was a good little rollercoaster. Not worth a long wait for though.

After this we took on Indie again as it was a walk on. Everyone seemed to be over in the American Waterfront still.

After Indie we stumbled upon a character meet and greet. Goofy had the shortest line so we went with Him

Once leaving Lost River Delta we headed to Port Discovery. But couldn't go past a photo of this view.

Chris grabbed me a popcorn bucket while I was running for fast passes. This was a great quiet spot for this shot.

Time for a new Port. Port Discovery. Not a large area but well themed as expected here

Time to Ride StormRider.

A simulator ride with a bit of extra effects. The idea is you are on a mission to eliminate a powerful storm, when of course something goes wrong.

Next up we headed back to the American Waterfront. We hopped on to the DisneySEA Electric Railway.

It was a nice way to get some views of parts of the park and even better to sit down for a little while. The train runs directly to the American WaterFront right near Toy Story. Yay.

Views of Mediterranean Harbour from the Railway.

As the train is coming into the station near the Broadway area of the WaterFront.

The time had come to take this monster on!

I picked up that fastpass at 8.10. That is how popular this ride is. By the time we returned to ride the standby queue was up to 120 mins.

I loved the inside queue being in Andy's bedroom.
                Chris beat me so I didn't take a photo of the score hahaha

I do love Bulls-eye.
                After Toy story it was time for a snack and I couldn't pass on trying the alien dumplings

They were amazing. Each had a different flavoured custard inside.

Time to leave the toys now.
                We ran into this chef on the way to Cape Cod.
                This was one of my favourite areas of the park. There are no rides here, a show and a character meet is all. But the whole area is just so well themed. You feel like you are in a quiet coastal village on the coast of America.

I loved it here.

So much detail as I had grown to expect in these parks.
                Cape Cod is the home to Duffy and we found out Oswald as well. We spent a good 5-10 minutes playing and interacting with him. He did this with everyone in the queue. But no one minded because he was so playful and entertaining for everyone to watch.
                He noticed I had sharks (Well Bruce and friends) on my T shirt and made arm movements like a shark and chased us both trying to bite us. This was similar to all characters in these 2 parks.

We had a bit of time to wait before we could get our photo taken with Duffy so we had a walk around the area and took some shots.

View from the Lighthouse back to the Columbia and the main Waterfront area.
                The Lighthouse. One for the lighthouse fans.

A little memento for us. We spent a good 20 mins out on this point just taking photos and enjoying the quiet corner that this was.

Now time had come to see what all the fuss was about.

Duffy here was almost as popular as Mickey was it seemed.

This it would turn out would be our longest wait for anything the whole time over the 4 days we were here.
                Little bit of Australia in the queue. Could not not take a photo of that.

So here we are with Duffy in his Halloween costume for the year.

On our way to lunch in Cape cod found this guy.
                And his best friend was out and about too.

Time to head back to the main area of the park.
                So after spending so much time in Duffy's home town I have to admit I was bitten by the Duffy bug. And did get myself a Duffy, as did Chris. I was dead against him before I got to the park but must say I did fall in love with him.
                This photo gives you an idea of the size of the ship. All it is is a restaurant, bar and Turtle Talk with Crush. That is a massive amount of theming just for that.

See Huge!!
                View from the bridge back to the Tower of Terror.

At this point we headed out to Aquasphere plaza to guest services.
                I was very glad we did as we got to see these guys out there.

Our Dinner reservations were fast approaching so time to head over to Magellan's

That's where the SEA bit comes into it...
                This place looked amazing.

Food was wonderful. Not as good as the S.S. Columbia but pretty close.

We had a bit of time to kill before Fantasmic so we headed under the sea.

Good Evening King

For a kids area it was so well done. It was getting long in the day now so the area was quiet too.
                Mediterranean Harbour was under going construction when we were there which made viewing a little difficult so we watch Fantasmic from behind. So we didn't get that many photos.

And that was pretty much our day done.
                Off to bed for another half day at Disneyland tomorrow.
                That will be coming soon. Hoping for this week.
                Thanks for the comments .

Comment

Awesome photo's and trip report, thank you can't wait to read the rest. Love that you got your fast pass by 8.10am for Toy Story gives me hope compared to last time ! Thanks for camera info funny enough that was the camera I was thinking of already buying so saying that was what you used was the last bit of info to make my mind up:-) Thanks again!

Comment

Hi All,
                    So I am back with the last instalment of photos.
                    This day was our last half day in Disneyland. We had checked out of our hotel at 6.30am stored our luggage at the hotel and then caught the monorail to Disneyland station to be there again an hour before the gates opened.
                    The plan was to pick up Splash fast passes then to ride The Jungle cruise before the line got out to 4 hours wait time, which we saw the first day we were there. This worked well :-)
                    The ride new part was good but I wouldn't be waiting any long length of time to ride it.
                    I haven't uploaded any photos of it as it is the same Cruise you have all seen before.

While the park was still quiet we took some photos around the castle.

We then lined up for a ride on Peter Pan's flight when the ride went down. We started to leave the queue when the cast members came running up to us asking us to stay in the queue. We thought this was weird but didn't want to up set her. Then one minute later 5 cast members turned up and gave everyone what we called golden tickets.

So with this now in hand we were glad we got back in the queue of a broken ride.

Since it was close we then took on the Mansion. Chris' favourite. He loves Jack.

Back to toontown next to get some day time photos.

Bit of Halloween fun on the trash cans.

Mickey Churro! Everything tastes better Mickey shaped of course.
                    Time for one of my favourite rides. Splash Mountain.

Leaving Splash we saw this food cart. We had to try the pumpkin swirl ice cream.

This little guy watched us eat.
                    Next stop was Tom Sawyer Island.

I still love the barrel bridge.

You could get some beautiful photos from the island.

That's a paddlin'

The island was a quiet retreat from the chaos that was going on just across the river. From that spot you could see the Castle and big thunder mountain. For a park that was so full of people constantly there felt like there was no one on the island. It was great.
                    View from the rifle holes in the Fort.

The time had come so we headed back towards World Bazar to head out.
                    But had to have one of these before I left the parks.
                    One last shot in front of the Castle and it was down World Bazar to the exit. But happily we found the Disney Gallery on our way out. A little set of stairs to an up stairs level where the Gallery was located. This felt like the perfect way to end our time here. (Sorry we couldn't take photos in there.)

Thanks Tokyo Disney it was the best time.

Hope you have enjoyed our little trip through the Tokyo Parks.
                    Todd and Chris.

Comment

Working...
                    X