Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

My First trip to Tokyo Disneyland Resort (VERY photo heavy)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report My First trip to Tokyo Disneyland Resort (VERY photo heavy)

My partner and I took a trip to Japan in October last year. Loved all of it. Japan is an amazing place. It was not somewhere I was really hooked on going but Chris was so off we went. I could not speak really any of the language but that didn't matter. You can get by with pointing and hand signals.

But the real reason for the thread is to share our Disney Resort pics.

I will start with our DisneySEA photos.

We had hoped to get to the park just after opening as we were travelling from Kyoto to Disney but due to train and weather problems we got there around 4.30 in the afternoon. Which was fine my well planned plan of attack could still work somehow.

We spent 1 full day and 1 half day in each park. I guess it was enough but you could always spend more.
    We got through all the big attractions and saw everything we really wanted too.

And now I present my Disney SEA photos. I hope you enjoy what is just an amazing park.

So here we have just gotten through the gates and into DisneySEA. We were both a little excited.

The AquaSphere as we were arriving as the sun was starting to set for the day.
    We knew amazing things were just on the other side of that Hotel!!
    We had made it! And even better the park was dressed for Halloween!
    I think it took us 20 minutes just to get into the park. We were too busy taking everything in.
    Then we saw this and things started to get real. Coming under the Mira Costa and seeing the Volcano for the first time was something similar to seeing the castle on your first visit to a park.

Our plan was hoping to get a table at the S.S. Columbia. So we headed there to try our luck. We knew where we needed to go I had done my research and knew the layout of the park (Being the only park like this there was plenty of study involved.) It was very much a stroll to get there. The sun was setting and was creating some beautiful colours across the sky we had to capture.

More Halloween Decor. These were all taken walking towards the Columbia through the American Waterfront.
    And then we stumble across this beauty. This ship is huge! It is pretty much just all theming. It only hold Turtle talk, the restaurant and a bar. But the detail inside is amazing. We felt like VIP's from the moment we walked up to the cast at the bottom of the entry stairs.
    The first floor entry foyer, leading up to the restaurant.
    As you come into the restaurant this covers the wall this painting.
    Dining early always is a good idea in any Disney park.
    I love the fine detail in everything not just in this dining room but looking back it was all over the whole park.

See Details!!
    Meals were not expensive for the quality of the food. (To convert to dollars just take the first to numbers, we found that the easiest way to figure out what we were spending.)
    One for the food lovers. This was amazing!!
    We were lucky enough to get a window seat... Only problem was it was not on the park side of the ship. Oh I am on the right. I had the steak. :-)
    No generic Disney Parks items here. Even the cheque wallet was themed.
    With our stomachs full it was time for some e-tickets.
    The crowds were light due to the bad weather in the morning so we were lucky. My plan was to get the big attractions done on the first day. Even with the very late start I wanted to stick to this plan. First stop this beautiful building. The rides itself is the same but the story behind it and pre show are very different.
    Had to get a broken lift photo. The ride is themed around the old guy at the top Harrison Hightower. He is an explorer and he has stolen an cursed Tiki statue..... And you can guess the rest.
    Next up we were to take on Mount Prometheus.
    I don't think I need to tell you what we did next. This was so much fun. We ended up riding it 4 time but the end of the trip.
    The queue theming and detail was great as you went deeper and deeper into the volcano. On the walls details of the ride vehicles and what we could expect to encounter on the Journey. I wanted to be in the line longer to take it all in. Never thought I would say that.
    This is inside Mount Prometheus. We went back here during the day and it looked and felt totally different.
    Next up was 20,000 Leagues under the sea. This was a surprise about how good this ride was for something that never had more than a 20 min wait time.
    We then headed down the back of the park to Lost River Delta. And a date with a Mr Jones.
    Indy Halloween decorations.

This was so detailed this queue.
    There was no real wait time so we couldn't stop to take photos apart from in this first room.
    But in keeping with tradition this queue feels like it goes on for miles like the Anaheim one. The ride is pretty much the same as the Anaheim one. Well it is in Japanese but you are chasing after a crystal skull. Luckily enough it has nothing to do with that movie though.
    It was getting late now and we had been up since before the sun so we decided to head back to the hotel after this. I was happy with what we had achieved for our first 4 hours in the park. We took some shots on the way out, as expected.

This is the entrance to Raging Spirits. We would ride this at our later visit.
    We walked through Mediterranean Harbour on our way out. This Place is beautiful.

As with many of the lands here. There are not a lot of attractions but plenty of well thought out themed areas that you can just sit back and enjoy.
    But in saying that.... This 2 story themed Carousel is absolutely stunning at night to just look.

One thing that struck both of us were the cast members. Even at this late hour of the day. Every time a guest would walk past they would stop what they were doing and wave as you went past. With a big smile on their face like the park had just opened.

Thats enough for now. I will post our next day as soon as I can. I hope you enjoyed our trip so far.
    Insta: Toddm205

Re: My First trip to Tokyo Disneyland Resort (VERY photo heavy)

Thanks for the amazing pics from DisneySea, which might be my favorite Disney park anywhere. Did you also do Sinbad? That's a ride that I really enjoyed as well.

Comment

And another one is converted!

Yeah - taco factories and kitschy oversized icons at hotels filled with the great unwashed east of the Mississippi just won't cut it anymore, will they?

Oh and PS We leave for Tokyo five weeks from tomorrow (6/4/15) and I'm taking my darling boy there for is VERY FIRST trip to a Disney park.

I figured since we were coming from Australia and it's closer, we'd go to the TDR and come back through HKDL. At least with the TDR, he's getting THE ABSOLUTE BEST Disney theme park experience in the world!!!

Comment

Thanks for your amazing photos,

I was there on that day as well (by looking at the clouds)

It seems like you have enjoyed TDR really well,

If you live in Sydney, you can see how cheap Tokyo is compared to Sydney.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
        Instagram
        Flickr
        Youtube

Comment

Amazing pictures and a great report, thanks a lot! My pictures never turn out that well

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
            If you live in Sydney, you can see how cheap Tokyo is compared to Sydney.
            Funny you said that - first of all, if you think Sydney is expensive, try coming to Perth!

$6.00 cappucinos are not unheard of!

It makes me laugh every time somebody hear's I'm going to Tokyo and their immediate reaction is, "Oh I heard it's SOOOOOO expensive there!"

I usually describe the so-so meal we had last week in Perth with surly service and "barely there" waiters and how we didn't get much change from $160.00.

Then I describe the silver service 5 star fine dining we're going to have at the TDR (an enclosed, trapped market, if there ever was any to gauge!), where dinner might cost us $AUS80.00 between us, with SUPERLATIVE service and BEAUTIFUL surroundings!

We can't wait!!!!

Comment

*sigh. Loving the pictures. I almost get misty eyed seeing these images of DisneySea. Could kick myself for not pausing more and taking such beautiful shots such as sunset in the park. Sometimes that can be hard to do when corralling 2 little girls, but we have our own special memories, too. And if we are lucky enough to get back there, will definitely take the time and have dinner at the S.S. Columbia. Can't wait to see more!

Comment

Oh man, I want to go so bad! Haha. Loving the TR so far
                The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

So cool! Great pictures! I can't wait to see the rest!

Comment

These look great. Can't wait to see more.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

You guys are so cute! I can hardly stand it

Comment

Very very nice pictures, glad you enjoyed many of the smaller details like ornamentation of menus and posters and that kind of stuff.

people rarely post it, and theres A LOT of hidden Mickeys on menus and flyers At TDS
                        !Isee you also liked The Journey-TTCOTE my personal favorite !

Comment

Thank you all for the nice comments.
                          Chris took the majority of the photos. I'm more a click on the run where as he frames a shot much better than me.
                          There is plenty more to come. I just need to find the time to sit down and do them. March has been a very busy time here in Sydney.
                          More photos to come soon

Comment

Ok so I am back. Time for day 2 of our Disney Trip. There are a lot of photos to come. This was our only full day at Tokyo Disneyland. So Here we go!

We got to the park roughly an hour before opening. We were already over 20 deep in the queue.

Unlike the American parks once you are through the gates its a race... People running everywhere! It was almost like scenes from a Black Friday Sale.
                            Fastpasses for Monsters Inc first then straight on the Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

As everyone else had run for the Jungle Cruise, Pooh was a walk on YaY!!

Even time for some detail shots

This was the one ride we would have liked to have gone on again but didn't get a chance.
                            From the back of the park at Fantasyland we headed back to Tomorrowland. Stopping to take in the Castle before it go too crazy.

It was not till I got home and looked at this photo that I saw the Dragon (I guess that is what it is) just beside the moat.

As you can seen not many people around as yet. Now off the Tomorrowland.
                            Time to see what all the fuss was about with Monster Inc.
                            Cannot say this was our favourite ride.. We got off and could not see what all the fuss was about... But glad I got to go on it. Off to much better things now..
                            Although it was in Japanese I knew the script anyway .
                            On the way to Space Mountain we were lucky enough to run into Mr Incredible.
                            After such a busy morning it was time for lunch. Back to Fantasyland we headed.

We had lunch here really just for the over the top theming and because there isn't one anywhere else... It wasn't for the food like at the S.S. Columbia the night before.

Loved the Unbirthday Cake. Did not get it though, happy to look but not try )
                            As mentioned before here is the food... It was something different thats for sure.

It was something I had to try when I was there.
                            After lunch we took a seat like everyone else and waited for the parade (about 25-30 minutes). Guests wait for a parade up to 2 hours before it starts. Each to their own.

The size of these floats was what surprised me. It was a great parade.
                            After the parade we went for a walk down World Bazar (Main St) and out to the front entry area of the park.

This is a large area between the turnstiles and World Bazar. Plenty of characters seem to be out here at all times of the day. Every time we were there we found at least 2 characters running around.
                            There is no lining up for a photo here it is a matter of getting in front of a character and pointing to the camera they have to pose too!
                            Characters here are so interactive and have fun with you when you want your photo taken. I saw Smee leading a group of guest away and turning his back making them chase him around. Was great fun to watch.
                            Couldn't not take a photo of this.
                            After a little break it was back into it we went.

Back to FantasyLand again... We did go to the other half of the park. But wait times were to long so we hit that the next day here.

It was my first time seeing Jack in the Haunted Mansion. I was more than a little excited.

We were able to ride this 3 times

Chris had never done this ride, so we had to do it!

Time for an evening Parade

As you can see it was a Halloween parade.

Time to go see the big Cheese!!

Sorry Pluto I borrowed your dog bed. I needed a nap

Mickey's house looking great with his Halloween decorations all lit up.

Was good to see the characters as Halloween pumpkins.

Such a cute idea. I loved it!
                            By this time the sun was starting to set. We grabbed a quick counter bite and then back to find a spot for the light parade.

This was my favourite float. I do love Genie.

Next up on the schedule was the Castle night show. "Once upon a Time"

I thought this show was amazing.... But then I love every Castle show.

I had to finish with this shot.

After the show we walked back through the Castle waiting for the park to empty out.

Sorry that one was taken on an iPhone.. I had never noticed these details before.

This is some of my favourite times in a park. When it starts to filter out.

We hung around with these 2 for around 30 minutes. Just taking photos and just really soaking up being here.

It was time to go now. It had been a very long day, but we weren't tired.

The park closed at 10. I love this about Disney Parks!

Ok one last shot before we go.

So that is day 2 done.
                            A full day of Tokyo SEA and another half day in Disneyland to go.
                            Hope you have enjoyed our photos so far. More to come when I get some time to put it all together.
                            Last edited by toddy; 03-29-2015, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great photo's thanks so much. Do you mind letting me know what type of camera and lens you used as well?

Thanks again

Comment

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more.

Comment

Great to see these, since it's now ONE WEEK until we leave for Japan and my third trip to the TDR!!!!!!!

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great photos & glad you had such a great time. I've been to their Halloween once when it was the Villains theme & it was fantastic.

I'll be back in November for my annual trip. Looking forward to more of your pictures- I can never get enough of Tokyo Disney Resort.

Comment

Amazing photos! Especially the night time photos. You two make a cute couple.

Comment

Working...
                                        X