X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Two NEW Changes to TDR!

Hello
    Just came back from trip to TDR ( review and photos to follow). Two important new changes that were against what we read in guidebooks and on here;

1) FAST PASS --is no longer like in the States where you can ride ANY TIME after your posted hour time. We spent two hours getting Tower of Terror FP and then we didnt return in the hour window. They would not let us ride EVEN after a trip to guest relations......no fun. We normally are not the types to complain, but after spending all the time and the enduring the " running of the bulls" in the morning, we were very sad since we had read that FP worked like the states.

2) You CAN however, now leave the parks and re-enter the same day like you can do in the other Disney Parks. We did not learn this until our 3rd day. It is VERY useful if you stay on site and want to change out of wet clothes or just to take a quick nap. :-)

Re: Two NEW Changes to TDR!

Fast Pass has always been that way, as far as I know. One time we showed up for Raging Spirits 20 minutes after our window of time had ended. No luck.

Comment

The first point is also hit or miss at the other Disney parks. I have had late Fastpasses denied in recent visits, particularly during crowded days.

The second point has always been true to my knowledge. You just get a stamp on the hand when exiting and show it to the CM upon entering at the re-entry turnstiles.

Comment

well, two guidebooks told us about the FastPass being avail after the intended hours and then TDR website told us there was no " in and out" privileges..........so I guess the moral of the story is don't believe everything you read!

Comment

Is it true when you can return with FP anytime at American parks?

And you waited 2 hours for ToT fastpass? how come????

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
          Instagram
          Flickr
          Youtube

Comment

I would definitely be wary of unofficial guides and other sources, but the official TDR website is actually pretty clear on their policies.

• Please use your FASTPASS ticket within the time period printed on it. After the designated period, the ticket will become invalid even if it has not been used.
            • If you wish to leave the Park temporarily and return later the same day, please have your hand stamped at the exit.
              Please enter the Park through the Re-Entry Gates. (You must have a valid ticket and hand stamp.)The Re-Entry Gates are different from the gate that you use when you first enter the Park.
            Disney's FASTPASSĀ® | Tokyo DisneySea
            Entrance/Exit/Re-Entry Gates | Tokyo Disneyland

Comment

Yes, RSG, it says that bottom part now, but said the contrary when we purchased our tickets in early Jan. It was a big thing we looked for because we wanted to be able to go into the parks and then leave to sightsee in tokyo and return at night, so we did our due diligence.
              Yes, in American parks you can use your fast pass, in most cases, after the time allotted. It mainly was done because they were getting a lot of complaints from people who were stuck on other attractions, dining, etc and could not make the hour. When our time arose for TOT, we were in the Oasis area and did not want to back track, so we decided to ride later, and they did not allow us. We waiting an hour at park opening, then ran to Fast Pass line and waited 45 minutes there and then waited 30 minutes to talk to an English speaking Guest Relations person. She, very politely, showed us the same thing you just did! lol

But we had an AMAZING time!! And we did get FP for TOT on the third day and rode it. It was awesome. And we were able to go take a break on our 3rd day to see some of Tokyo.

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                Is it true when you can return with FP anytime at American parks?

And you waited 2 hours for ToT fastpass? how come????
                I know for a fact that Disneyland Resort has started strictly enforcing the Fastpass window starting in 2013. The FP+ at WDW is the same. If your Magic Band is scanned and the light turns red, you will be denied entry to the attraction. I believe there is a small grace period of about 5 minutes prior and 15 minutes after your window where it can still be used without the light turning red.

Comment

Well, it seems like we will just have to agree to disagree , RSG. I have been to both VERY recently and have worked at both and that is not always true. I just rode Radiator Springs at CA with a later pass and was in WDW with the Magic Bands in October and don't recall any red lights. But I do not want to use this board as a venue to have an argument. My perception is my reality and same for you!

Comment

I'm not trying to start an argument but simply warning others not to plan around expired FPs at the risk of disappointment. It is always down to the judgment of the individual cast member in the end, and I'm sure there are lax ones out there. I have an AP to DLR, and I've experienced and seen far more cases of enforcement of the window in the last two years (before this period I had a pretty much 100% success rate with expired FPs). The only exceptions are when you have a good excuse for being late or when your FP is only recently expired.

Comment

Chalk one up again for the spread of misinformation!

Sometimes its easier to just follow the rules and guidelines instead of looking for loopholes or ways around them.

From someone who has been going to TDR multiple times every year for the last 15+ years I can 100% guarantee that TDR has always had in/out privileges with a handstamp. The "unofficial" guide really did a disservice. And if you saw it on the "official" TDR website that it wasn't allowed, you need to check to make sure you really went to the official site or you need to have your computer checked for tampering.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
                      Last edited by Roger55; 03-09-2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

On my last trip to the TDR in 2011 I did the whole "Sorry but I don't understand" schtick(that foreigners do here all the time)and always got on rides with expired FPs.

I understand that they've being strictly enforcing FP return times for a few years now, so I will plan accordingly.

To the OP - that is why boards like this exist - to get this info BEFORE you go and waste hours in line.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you were misinformed. But thank you for posting your experience online so others will not make the same mistake.

I am glad that they are enforcing return times because it could mean other people (including myself) missing out on other rides, shows, parades etc, because actual wait times would end up being longer than posted due to having extra people enter the queue with expired fastpasses.

Comment

Roger55 is correct: you have always been able to exit the parks with a handstamp and return the same day (or multiple ins and outs).
                            And TDR has been enforcing return times for the past few years, as have all the parks in the US as well.
                            Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Considering that RSR usually goes down once or twice a day it is possibly you rode with a late FP because it was being accepted due to the earlier downtime.

I was there last Thursday and was right at the point before they take your FP when the ride went down, and the CMs told the people behind us they could come back with their FP anytime later because it was a known shutdown.

Meanwhile at WDW, while not officially stated by Disney, the FP+ machines do allow for a 15 minute grace period for non-shows. And at times (like on Valentine's Day) the entire system glitches and behaves like EVERYONE has a valid FP+. Whoops.

Comment

Originally posted by soccr62949 View Post
                                1) FAST PASS --is no longer like in the States where you can ride ANY TIME after your posted hour time. We spent two hours getting Tower of Terror FP and then we didnt return in the hour window. They would not let us ride EVEN after a trip to guest relations......no fun. We normally are not the types to complain, but after spending all the time and the enduring the " running of the bulls" in the morning, we were very sad since we had read that FP worked like the states.
                                This has always been a policy at WDW and DLR, although quite ignored up until about a year ago, at Disneyland at least. I remember hearing they were tightening regulation on Fastpass times a while ago and it has been true thus far. Before, I remember being able to come whenever after the first time listed.

UPDATE (after research):

WDW began enforcing stricter fast pass rules in 2012 in preparation for the arrival of MyMagic+ and Disneyland followed suit in February of 2013. Many believed it was a sign that MyMagic+ was making its way to the West Coast but that has remained to be seen.

Comment

2) You CAN however, now leave the parks and re-enter the same day like you can do in the other Disney Parks. We did not learn this until our 3rd day. It is VERY useful if you stay on site and want to change out of wet clothes or just to take a quick nap. :-)
                                  The first one just always depends on the CM. At TDR, the average CM is generally not as lenient, but it always depends. The second one has always been allowed, I think, as long as you get stamped.

Comment

All FastPass times at Disneyland and Disneyland Paris are enforced with no grace period unless the CM happens to be a pleasant person (less likely these days, particularly at Walt Disney World). Nice to know that FastPass + has a grace period.

Comment

well, two guidebooks told us about the FastPass being avail after the intended hours and then TDR website told us there was no " in and out" privileges..........so I guess the moral of the story is don't believe everything you read!
                                      Perhaps you might like to name and shame these guidebooks for providing you with false information. I know for a fact that the official website has never stated anything regarding it being acceptable to turn up late for Fastpasses. Also the hand stamp has always been the situation for as long as I've been visiting which is over 10 years. Also find it weird that you took to these boards to complain but not to ask for advice from the many members who could have corrected and put you straight on both issues.
                                      Follow us over on Twitter for all the latest news and updates http://www.twitter.com/news_tdr
                                      Or like our Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/newstdr

Comment

It was well known for many years that you could return after the stated time on your FastPass and it would be accepted. FastPass return times have only been enforced because of the coming of FastPass + and My Magic Bands. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see that fact in some guidebooks that haven't been updated.

The most egregious and stupid thing I ever read was in the widely-regarded "Unofficial Guide Book" series where it describes "Soarin Over California" as a ride where you sit on a bench and the entire floor drops away. Morons.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X