X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two NEW Changes to TDR!

Originally posted by TDR News and Info View Post
    Also find it weird that you took to these boards to complain but not to ask for advice from the many members who could have corrected and put you straight on both issues.
    Pretty much what I said previously.

Quite strange.

Comment

Wow. What started as myself trying to post on this board two things to help other travelers like me, turned so negative, I am sorry. And , I DID spend many months on here asking people for advice. I just so happens that since I had read these particular things in a book, among the 100's of other things I read in the book that WERE correct, I did not think to " fact check" the whole book on here. And, conversely, from reading other posts, not everyone is correct all the time on here.

I still had an Amazing trip and would not change a thing! ( except knowing these two things I got chastised for not knowing)

Comment

Everyone is not always correct here. And many people state things as FACT when it is only their opinion. This all comes with the territory when talking about community message boards.

It's unfortunate that you feel chastised. I'm pretty sure your intentions were good in trying to share what you felt was important information. However, since it is a community message board, chances are that if you state something incorrectly, you will be corrected. Yes there are those that "pile on" at times too. Most of the time it's undeserving.

Since you are a new person here, what do you think the proper response should've been? I would appreciate hearing a fresh perspective. Some of us have been here longer than dirt and possibly aren't as sensitive as we should be when responding to newbies.

Also, don't hesitate to use these boards as a way to fact check. Especially when the topic in question are things that are worth double checking like using expired FastPasses (outside the rules) and inability to exit/re-enter (an unreasonable policy if it were true). Fact checking on simpler things like where to exchange money, food and entertainment selection, merchandise location, etc. don't have as much of a reason to fact check.

Better to ask and get a good response than not asking and going on bad information.

Comment

I know that at WDW with the magicbands you are allowed to have a grace period of 15min early or late everyday. I believe DLR is more strict, last time I went there they had a grace period of 5 mins, especially the popular rides like Indy. They always have CM check your FP before they allow you in. I am not sure how OP got the idea of you can return at anytime you want. If that were the case, then there is no point of having FP anymore.
          sigpic

Aug 2003: Walt Disney World
          Sept 2010 - May 2014: Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure
          Sept 2013: Disney Cruise Line Dream
          Sept 2013: Walt Disney World
          Jan 2014: Hong Kong Disneyland
          May 2014: Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
          July 2014: Disney Cruise Line Fantasy
          July 2014 - Current: WDW
          December 2014: Disneyland Paris
          May 2015 - July 2015 Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure
          May 2015 - Hong Kong Disneyland
          June 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
          September 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
          December 2015 - Disneyland Paris

Comment

Originally posted by yoshikitty View Post
            I am not sure how OP got the idea of you can return at anytime you want. If that were the case, then there is no point of having FP anymore.
            The OP meant anytime after the initial return time, which was true for DLR for a while.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X