This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News TDR Fiscal year 2014 Attendance!

URAYASU, CHIBATokyo Disney Resortannounced today that the total combinedattendance at Tokyo DisneylandPark and Tokyo DisneySeaPark for fiscal year 2014(April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015) amounted to a record high of 31,377,000 persons(79,000 more persons, or 100.3% of the attendance figure for the previous year).
    In fiscal year 2014, the new Tokyo Disneyland nighttime entertainment OnceUpon a Time(premiered on May 29, 2014) and the new attraction Jungle Cruise:Wildlife Expeditions (opened September 8, 2014), as well as the special events filledwith seasonal happiness that were held at the two Parks throughout the year, proved to behighly popular.
    Moreover, the new special event Frozen Fantasy,themed tothe Disney film Frozen, debuted at Tokyo Disneyland during the fourth quarter of fiscalyear 2014. The increasing popularity of Disneys Frozen effectively generated anattendance surpassing the figures anticipated for fiscal year 2014 (revised to 30,400,000persons upon closing of the second quarter of fiscal year 2014).
    For Reference:
    Fiscal Year Attendance Figures
    2013: 31,298,000 persons (record-setting high up to this time)2012: 27,503,000 persons
    2011: 25,347,000 persons
    2010: 25,366,000 persons
    2009: 25,818,000 persons

Total Combined Attendance of the two Parks since the Grand Opening ofTokyo Disneyland (April 1983): 630,369,000 persons
    For press inquiries, please contact:
    Publicity Department, Oriental Land Co., Ltd.

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Re: TDR Fiscal year 2014 Attendance!

This is great news for the resort. I think the success can mainly be attributed to the Frozen special event, as the first half of the fiscal year was actually lower than that of 2013. I hope they continue to enhance the parks and fast track the future expansion plans. Based on how crazy the Japanese are for Frozen, I can easily see a huge attendance spike once the new port opens at Tokyo DisneySea.

Comment

Also here:
      Tokyo Disney Resort, Universal Studios Japan attract record crowds - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun

This is NOT great news because the parks are unbearably crowded. I found my last visit to be unpleasant because of the enormous crowds.

A few years ago we were complaining about the installation of the vending machines for drinks: now they are the only place where you can get something to drink without waiting in a long line.
      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Individually, I'm sure we would all like the parks to be less crowded when we visit. But OLC knows that they need to expand to address capacity issues and guest satisfaction within the parks, and I'm sure these record profits will go into significant additions in their future plan for the resort. This isn't WDW, where the parks are resting on their laurels just because they know more people will visit without them making any effort.

Comment

There are no plans to add a third park, nor are there plans to significantly expand either park beyond its current border. Adding more attractions into the existing space will only make the crowding worse.

Comment

TDL, TDS, and UJ all need to be expanded to accommodate more visitors. Create more lands and attractions to get people out of the walkways and into lines, makes the park feel less crowded. Also, a third gate should be added to TDR and UJ should get a sister park similar to Islands of Adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
              TDL, TDS, and UJ all need to be expanded to accommodate more visitors. Create more lands and attractions to get people out of the walkways and into lines, makes the park feel less crowded. Also, a third gate should be added to TDR and UJ should get a sister park similar to Islands of Adventure.
              From what an insider on another board has posted, OLC is forbidden from reclaiming any more land in Tokyo Bay. This limits their expansion to existing plots on the property and from what I can see on Google Earth, there wouldn't be enough space for a full-scale 3rd gate (something similar in size to TDL and TDS). However, there is enough space to add several lands for both parks if they claim all the adjacent parking lots.

I don't see how USJ can expand beyond its current plot. It's basically surrounded by industrial factories with no available land to claim. USJ is apparently planning to build another park but in Okinawa instead of Osaka. It will also be a unique design, as the article states it will not be based on major movie franchises.

Universal Studios Japan Planning New Theme Park in Okinawa - Hollywood Reporter

Comment

Forbidden?? That sounds sad! The government should allow them to do so. Btw I heard that they purchased the nearby site near DisneySea?

I just wish TDR to have its own resort like Paris, WDW or Hong Kong.

USJ isnt really bad but the surrounding areas make it to look worse.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                Instagram
                Flickr
                Youtube

Comment

"TDR" does have it's own resort: that's why it's called the "Tokyo Disney Resort." Has many hotels, two theme parks, monorail and resort cruisers, and a "downtown Disney" called Ikspiari. And it's a hell of lot better than Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, or Hong Kong Disneyland.

Perhaps you meant something else?

Comment

Originally posted by RSG View Post
                    From what an insider on another board has posted, OLC is forbidden from reclaiming any more land in Tokyo Bay. This limits their expansion to existing plots on the property and from what I can see on Google Earth, there wouldn't be enough space for a full-scale 3rd gate (something similar in size to TDL and TDS). However, there is enough space to add several lands for both parks if they claim all the adjacent parking lots.

I don't see how USJ can expand beyond its current plot. It's basically surrounded by industrial factories with no available land to claim. USJ is apparently planning to build another park but in Okinawa instead of Osaka. It will also be a unique design, as the article states it will not be based on major movie franchises.

Universal Studios Japan Planning New Theme Park in Okinawa - Hollywood Reporter
                    interesting if OLC can't expand in Tokyo I wonder if they would ever build a new resort elsewhere in Japan?

Comment

As unpopular as it is, the easiest way to addressing crowding would be to increase prices. Two days at Tokyo Disney Resort is cheaper than a day at the Magic Kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                        As unpopular as it is, the easiest way to addressing crowding would be to increase prices. Two days at Tokyo Disney Resort is cheaper than a day at the Magic Kingdom.
                        FWIW, prices went up April 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
                          "TDR" does have it's own resort: that's why it's called the "Tokyo Disney Resort." Has many hotels, two theme parks, monorail and resort cruisers, and a "downtown Disney" called Ikspiari. And it's a hell of lot better than Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, or Hong Kong Disneyland.

Perhaps you meant something else?
                          I mean the more private resort with not so many residences around the area.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                          Instagram
                          Flickr
                          Youtube

Comment

TDR is similar to DLR in that both are limited expansion-wise by their urban surroundings. TDL was Disney's first international park, and both parties likely envisioned it as a single park project rather than a resort back when they were negotiating the designs. I don't think they fully expected the park to be as popular as it is today. All the subsequent parks (Paris, Hong Kong, and now Shanghai) were designed from the beginning as resorts and had ample land purchased and designated for future parks and hotels.

Comment

I think that OLC could easily double current passport prices. They end up making more money, and the crowds would drop slightly to more manageable levels.

Comment

Working...
                              X