This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video King Triton's Concert Opens Today

Mermaid Lagoon Theater reopens today with a new show, "King Triton's Concert."

Re: King Triton's Concert Opens Today

Puppets, humans and human (merman) like robots in one show... and video projections...
    Triton could have been a human actor also and the puppets could have been aa. Oh well... I don't like it.

Comment

Interesting how Ariel's sisters are a part of the show. I'll have to catch a video of the full performance.

Comment

I remembered the older version had so much performances.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
        Instagram
        Flickr
        Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
          Puppets, humans and human (merman) like robots in one show... and video projections...
          Triton could have been a human actor also and the puppets could have been aa. Oh well... I don't like it.
          I love the puppets, the projections not so much. I'm sure it'll be a delight to see, but it seems like it got the Sindbad treatment: lessen the conflict, take all the scary stuff out.

Comment

After 15 years the show desperately needed a total refresh, and it got one. More than you can say for the Lion King show running in Animal Kingdom.
            Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post

Mermaid Lagoon Theater reopens today with a new show, "King Triton's Concert."
              Going to see it in less than two weeks. Does anyone know if there's a lottery system for this show?
              Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013. Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 . Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard: Tokyo Disney Resort Miracosta Hotel + Disneyland Hotel + Ambassador Hotel May 2015 My TDR TR http://www.disboards.com/threads/tdr...#post-54885231

Comment

If this uses the same format as the old show, then there should be performances almost back to back. You just walk up and queue for the next showing. The show does offer Fastpass distribution, which will probably be useful to deal with the increased crowds for the first few months of its opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
                  After 15 years the show desperately needed a total refresh, and it got one. More than you can say for the Lion King show running in Animal Kingdom.
                  Weird that you'd make a comparison to Lion King. At least that show's extremely popular. The mermaid show at Hollywood Studios on the other hand...

Comment

Will reserve judgement until I see it first hand in a few weeks. From what I hear it is being well received.

Comment

We were at TDS last Wednesday and I ducked in, hoping there may be a soft opening. The attendant CM told me through staggered English, "Twenty four hours", meaning tomorrow. Strangely there were actually people standing at the barricade but, in hindsight I put this down to the Japanese/Asian predilection for "One person stands still for long enough and then people just line up behind them"

Trust me, once we identified this phenomena we tried it out at multiple locales, in different parts of the country and it never failed to work!

Comment

The Lion King show at Animal Kingdom is still popular, and they even just built a new theater for it, but it still could use a refresh.

The Little Mermaid show at the studios is so awful that it has been pushed far from my mind. Fortunately my daughter is now a teen and we are no longer forced to sit through it.
                        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Watched the show on opening day, it felt a bit short to me. Also the lack of performers tell me this is a more cost effective show. Not the Sisters screens but the other screens are just horrible, so blurry I thought I needed to be wearing 3D glasses.

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                          We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                          Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Originally posted by TDS Traveller View Post
                            We were at TDS last Wednesday and I ducked in, hoping there may be a soft opening. The attendant CM told me through staggered English, "Twenty four hours", meaning tomorrow. Strangely there were actually people standing at the barricade but, in hindsight I put this down to the Japanese/Asian predilection for "One person stands still for long enough and then people just line up behind them"

Trust me, once we identified this phenomena we tried it out at multiple locales, in different parts of the country and it never failed to work!
                            It wasn't a region-based predilection. I was there last Wednesday, too. One of my friends fortunately got us tickets for the preview opening which was held that day. The people you saw waiting were not just lining up to see what happened. We had tickets.

Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
                            Watched the show on opening day, it felt a bit short to me. Also the lack of performers tell me this is a more cost effective show. Not the Sisters screens but the other screens are just horrible, so blurry I thought I needed to be wearing 3D glasses.
                            Travis, you are 1000% right on this one, sadly. I was honestly shocked. The sisters looked great, and this is the moment I've always
                            Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                            TLM, and I guess I sort of saw Harold and Sebastian as his "crew," while Flounder and Sebastian are Ariel's. I imagine Harold as being a lot like Jonathan from 30 ROCK, another of my favorite minor characters. Anyway, it's good to see him. Maybe he'll sneak into some merchandise, too! I want a strap or keychain!

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
                              Sad to hear that. Mystic Rhythms will be also changed to screens as well... To much screening/projection at the moment. But I dont mind if the show is enjoyable. TBH the old show wasnt that great and most of my friends slept during the performance.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                              Instagram
                              Flickr
                              Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X