Fantasmic Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Fantasmic Change

Did anyone notice it recently, Fantasmic now only has 2 barges instead of 4? Pyro barges are also cut from 6 to 3 barges.

The change starts from 1st April as stated on the website.

However, they announce 'due to circumstances beyond our control, this performance will be presented in an alternative version' nightly.

It seems like they permanently change it. Or the barges are greatly damaged?

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Re: Fantasmic Change

maybe its under rehab or the rumored backstage renovation involving the barges docks being move to somewhere else. or the rumored 15th anniversary show next year.

Comment

Yeah they are renovating the backstage. Seen the crane there at the dock for almost a year. Maybe just make it larger so they can store more barges?
      But why do they have to remove the fireworks effect as well?
      Hopefully they wont use the Fantasmic barges for making new daytime show.

Facebook
      Instagram
      Flickr
      Youtube

Comment

maybe it will return eventually after the construction ends and maybe they're having more barges this year because of the seasonal shows and the new daytime show in DisneySea for the 15th anniversary. we should wait for the official announcement this year.

Comment

I just watched the show three nights in a row, and noticed this as well.

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
          We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
          Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

It's interesting that they don't list an end date, although they do mention it's only for the time being. I wonder if they are making any updates for the 15th Anniversary.

Comment

Probably they need to add something. Not so many guests enjoy Fantasmic now. The fire ring covers the water during Maleficent scene isnt working now. (or they just cut the fire to save budget)

Facebook
              Instagram
              Flickr
              Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                Probably they need to add something. Not so many guests enjoy Fantasmic now. The fire ring covers the water during Maleficent scene isnt working now. (or they just cut the fire to save budget)
                That's quite bad show if they are indeed cutting costs. Hopefully the show will be back to 100% shortly. It seems a bit out of the blue, especially since they do not even give a reason for the altered performance.

Comment

Well that's a bummer. I've always liked the pyro, and really, the pyro and being a live-action show is the reason to watch it in person. If you just want to know what goes on, you could watch a recording on You-Tube and save yourself the cost of admission.

I do hope the pyro and the barges come back when they're done with construction and all of whatever they're doing.
                  I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Fantasmic is another Steve Davidson misfire: yet another show that has only one or two good spots from which to view it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone in a few years.
                    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
                      Fantasmic is another Steve Davidson misfire: yet another show that has only one or two good spots from which to view it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone in a few years.
                      I wouldn't mind to see a new show, but I thought Fantasmic was quite well-received by the general public? Especially compared to the previous BraviSEAmo.

I know at one point OLC considered World of Color for a new nighttime spectacular, but that again has issues with viewing angles.

Comment

I actually like this version of Fantasmic (and appreciate it more after seeing the disaster that is WDW's version) and I think it's better than the one at Disneyland. I do agree though that its hard to view from certain angles and that detracts from the experience. Cutting the number of barges will only make it worse. In fact they should add more and hopefully the 15th anniversary adds more barges to the show.
                        Disney Trips:
                        Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
                        Walt Disney World: April 2015
                        Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
                        Disneyland Paris: July 2017, September 2017, November 2017, January 2018 (SOON!!)
                        Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013, June 2016...

Favorite Rides:
                        1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
                        2) Tower of Terror (TDS, DHS)
                        3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
                        4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
                        5) Haunted Mansion (MK, DL, TDL)

Twitter: @WaltDisneyWanderer

Comment

Probably they will extend and keep update Fantasmic like Dreamlights. When it comes to Fantasmic, it seems like it is likely to be a long permanent show. Like Once Upon A Time... Now everynight, they just need to turn on the projection at TDL... so simple!

I also like this version of Fantasmic. The music is greater than DL and WDW in my opinion especially the Imagination song. The only issue is the viewing spot, but not so many people like us here can see the differences. Some people actually love to watch the show from the back.

I dont think they will do World of Color. It will ruin the harbor. And once it is slightly windy, they cut the pyros. And when it is slightly windy, they stop the fountain. Also, the water fountains all come from the barges, not under the water.

Facebook
                          Instagram
                          Flickr
                          Youtube

Comment

Saw F! at TDS three weeks ago (tonight!) and I THOUGHT there was something different!

The two barges just felt cheap and it really sucks that even though we were just on the Ponte Vecchio bridge, the viewing experience was really not that good.

I am NOT one of those people who will sit or stand for two hours to see a show but I expect that with a harbour as huge as TDS', that there SHOULD be more and better viewing spots.

As old as it is, I still think Illuminations at Epcot is one of THE BEST night time shows in that EVERYBODY gets a chance to see it from anywhere around the lagoon.

Comment

Illumination is simply just a fireworks show... Cannot apply to this situation. I think BraviSeamo also worked great!

Facebook
                              Instagram
                              Flickr
                              Youtube

Comment

Illuminations is very much also about the music (I STILL listen to it) and the themes inherent in the spinning globe in the WS lagoon and the images we saw on it.

It was actually quite a profound experience when I first saw it.

YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                                  I think BraviSeamo also worked great!
                                  Glad to hear I'm not alone around here. I loved that show. And so did most of my local friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS Traveller View Post
                                    Illuminations is very much also about the music (I STILL listen to it) and the themes inherent in the spinning globe in the WS lagoon and the images we saw on it.

It was actually quite a profound experience when I first saw it.

YMMV.
                                    Yes Illuminations is my second best Nighttime Spectacular. If I have a chance to go to WDW, I think I will head to Epcot in the first day to see Illuminations. I really love the music.

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
                                    Glad to hear I'm not alone around here. I loved that show. And so did most of my local friends.
                                    I love BraviSeamo than anything! Still playing the bluray everyday on my TV!

Facebook
                                    Instagram
                                    Flickr
                                    Youtube

Comment

The only venue where Fantasmic works as it should, and is genuinely thrilling, is at Disneyland. The one in Orlando is terrible. The one at DisneySea is better, but unless you stand in just the right spot you've got a second-class show. (Ditto for World of Color, another Steve Davidson narrow-viewing-area extravaganza).

Note that with the original Fantasmic at Disneyland, there is no narrow viewing area: everything is fully visible almost from the Haunted Mansion all the way around the Rivers of America. It's not brain surgery to create a show that has a wide viewing range, it's just more expensive because you need twice as many mist screens and you don't build something that has only one angle from which an illusion (such as the dragon coming out the mirror) works.

The music for BraviSEAmo is great, but the show was filled with such overt and simplistic symbolism that it was silly. And everything moved so slowly. So slowly. So so slowly.

I think a more likely explanation for all the missing barges in Fantastic in DisneySEA right now is that they're plussing it in some way. The only way to do that without shutting down the show entirely for a long refurb (which they can't do because there's no show in the afternoons since they closed Mythica), is to refurb half the barges at a time.

The other possible explanation is that they really are finally going to build Soarin Over the World on the other side of the Roman ruins where the barges are parked between shows. The expansion plans that have been released so far do not nearly cover the amount of money that OLC has pledged to spend. I bet there are a few surprises in there, and the Tokyo Disney Resort is long long overdue for Soarin! You think you've seen long lines before? Just wait until Soarin Over the World opens. I bet the line will regularly hit four hours.
                                      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

For the life of me, I don't get the mass appeal of Soarin'. It's a nice attraction but it's no HM, Indy or even Splash!

I DO agree however that TDS needs more attractions but I'd like something more along the lines of the attractions mentioned above, rather than another screen attraction. I hope whatever goes into Frozenland is more along the lines of a huge omnimover/visit something attraction.

And at the moment, TDS DOES have an afternoon show - it's the Easter Fashion show on the harbour. I know it's there because one of our mid-afternoon lunches at Magellan's was interrupted by the EXTREMELY loud music from the harbour being heard right inside the restaurant. The following day I saw it with my own eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                        X