Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Fantasmic Change

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fantasmic Change

Originally posted by TDS Traveller View Post
    For the life of me, I don't get the mass appeal of Soarin'. It's a nice attraction but it's no HM, Indy or even Splash!

I DO agree however that TDS needs more attractions but I'd like something more along the lines of the attractions mentioned above, rather than another screen attraction. I hope whatever goes into Frozenland is more along the lines of a huge omnimover/visit something attraction.
    I agree it's not on par with those attractions, but it's not designed to be as elaborate or grand. Soarin' still offers a unique experience that regular screen-based attractions cannot duplicate, albeit it is lacking in the cohesive theme/story department. It would likely be quite a bit cheaper than a large-scale dark ride, plus it wouldn't take up as much space.

The Frozen E-ticket is going to be huge, especially given its $400 million price tag. It is most likely a trackless (think sleds) dark ride, as it was described to be on an even higher level than Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

Comment

I quite like Bravisemo simply is because of the music. Also I love fireworks. Braviseamo has more pyros than any show at TDR.

Originally posted by TDS Traveller View Post
      And at the moment, TDS DOES have an afternoon show - it's the Easter Fashion show on the harbour. I know it's there because one of our mid-afternoon lunches at Magellan's was interrupted by the EXTREMELY loud music from the harbour being heard right inside the restaurant. The following day I saw it with my own eyes.
      I like Fashionable Easter as well. Actually it is one of my top favorite show at TDS. But for me it is NOT a harbor show but a stage show. The show only works at the main stage where it has around 40 dancers. The barges simply carry the characters to the land. I was quite surprised that there was no activity on the harbor. They seem to use the land rather than the water from now. And since the movable stage blocks the water view.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
      Instagram
      Flickr
      Youtube

Comment

Soarin has the longest line, consistently, of any ride in Walt Disney World. Longer than Toy Story Mania, but both are being expanded. Why? People love it. It's a happy ride, and something that exceeds expectations and has very high repeatability. Building Soarin in DisneySea would help to quell the craziness when the gates go up for Toy Story Mania. $400 million bucks will buy you a three-theater Soarin ride plus a new E-ticket at the new port.
        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I don't mind Soarin' entering TDS, it's not a very screen heavy park currently and is significantly different enough from Stormrider/Midway Mania in most aspects. I also think it's a completely perfect thematic fit for Disney Sea (obviously with it's own specific movie tailored around "seas").

But the growing concern with Soarin' is it absolutely could not be built in a sustainable manner with only two screens (the capacity is just too low for the crowds TDS is forecasting), and I really don't think they could fit the needed 3/4 theatres back there. I'm sure someone can map out the required area to see if it fits, but I'm not totally sure.

Comment

Fantasmic seems back to normal without no notice on the website and during the show. But they decide to use only 3 barges now.

Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

Comment

maybe they're just prepping it for an upgrade next year for the 15th anniversary.
              I wish they could put like projection mapping in the volcano and throughout the Mediterranean Harbor and into Hotel Facades so many people can enjoy it like Disneyland Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                Fantasmic seems back to normal without no notice on the website and during the show. But they decide to use only 3 barges now.
                I saw it yesterday. Basically all the "smaller" floats were missing (Ka, the chandeliers etc). The final Pyro is still cut back. It felt really empty at some time. I really hope this are just temporary cut backs.

Comment

i think since it's been playing for over 5 years they haven't done any long refurb to the show.maybe they're just refurbing it in phases since the harbor is now lacking entertainment.

Comment

They rehab it every January. Unless there are big damages Hah!

Facebook
                    Instagram
                    Flickr
                    Youtube

Comment

Working...
                    X