Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Once Upon a Time Show Protocol?

Anyone who's a veteran at TDL know how the ticketing system works for the viewing areas? I'm very familiar with the WOC FastPass format, not sure how it is over at Tokyo whether its a lottery system or FCFS.

Re: Once Upon a Time Show Protocol?

Lottery system. You get them from the large building to the left of Space Mountain, as you face it.

If you don't get a ticket, don't worry. You can stand at the back at World Bazaar and watch the show along with the rest of the parkgoers.

You might even get a closer look once the Frozen portion finishes as, each of the three times we saw it, some people leave right after that is finished and race for the exits. Just move forward and fill their former spaces!

Comment

There are no good places to stand and watch the show. All views are obstructed or limited for people standing. As for the lottery, it's really hard to win. REALLY difficult.

You can only try once a day (same as with Big Band Beat at DisneySea). If you lose, you're just SOL on that day.

I've tried over a dozen times and only won once. It was damn cold that evening, and sitting on a bare metal bench only made it colder. But the show is GREAT.
      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Also, keep in mind that the building in which the lottery is housed will be going away as part of the Fantasyland expansion. At some point the location will change.

Comment

It is even more difficult for me to win when I use annual pass. Day pass seems easier to win.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
          Instagram
          Flickr
          Youtube

Comment

Oh yeah one tip,if you really want to win make sure you go as early as possible(parks opening)in order to get tickets.I tried it and it works!

Comment

How early is it? I've tried at 8a.m and always lose. Sometime, i win 30 minutes before the show.

Facebook
              Instagram
              Flickr
              Youtube

Comment

Try 10 am or 10:30 maybe you'll get your luck

Comment

Thanks for the timing tip! I'll try it in September on my next trip.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but 10-10.30 am is the time when it forms a huge queue in front of the building. How could you win during that period?? There is one time that my pass didn't work at the machine, and the cast gave me the lottery ticket instantly by using cast member ticket. Any specific tip on specific machine? Maybe the chance will be easier to win this Summer since they will use lottery for the summer show as well, and the frozen edition will be ended in July.

Facebook
                    Instagram
                    Flickr
                    Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Djapan94 View Post
                      Oh yeah one tip,if you really want to win make sure you go as early as possible(parks opening)in order to get tickets.I tried it and it works!
                      Not accurate. Nothing you do can guarantee you will win a seat.

I've had hot and cold streaks just like in gambling.

Comment

I haven't gotten a seat for almost 2 years in any show & I try daily while I'm there. I know it just may be my gripe, but I don't fully agree with the lottery system. I know it's a fair chance for everybody, but I wish there was somehow a perk put in to a 4 day pass, that they will guarantee at least 1 win at either park during the 4 days.

Yes, some of us at this forum visit TDR often, but I feel sorry for first timers, who don't live in Japan, visiting the parks as a once in a lifetime experience and missing out on a popular show due to the lottery system.

The outdoor shows don't make too much a difference since you can wait and still view it, but something like Big Band Beat, you sometimes have to wait for hours to get in if you don't win a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
                          There are no good places to stand and watch the show. All views are obstructed or limited for people standing.
                          I don't know, I like to watch right outside of Ice Cream Cone (directly behind the hub) and I enjoy the show. The only thing you really miss is the launch points of the pyro and lasers, but all of the projections are crystal clear and it's definitely worth watching from there as opposed to not watching at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
                            but something like Big Band Beat, you sometimes have to wait for hours to get in if you don't win a ticket.
                            For me it is worth to wait hours for front row because the show will pay for it. Like Fantasmic or Once Upon A Time. I love to grab a spot meanwhile my friends go to buy snacks. Or my friends grab a spot and I go around to snap some photos. At the end, we will have a crystal clear view and it is definitely worth rather than just come and see other people's heads.

Facebook
                            Instagram
                            Flickr
                            Youtube

Comment

Perhaps I'm dense... but when did this lottery system start? Is it only on busy days?

In 2012 and 2014 I just walked into whatever show/evening entertainment I pleased.

Comment

I don't know when the lottery started- but I've been going each year since 2004 and I know it's been there well before then. There was a time when they were first starting to build Monsters Inc, they closed that particular location for the lottery, but it re-opened a few years later near Space Mountain.

I don't believe Tokyo Disney Sea originally had it back then, but they have been using it for the past several years.

Sometime on non- busy days, they don't always use it for shows like One Man's Dream and Big Band Beat, I don't believe this is the case for Once Upon a time.

I really don't understand the use of it for Once Upon a time- I think they would be able to get far more people in the viewing area if the benches were removed and there wasn't a lottery.

The only relief with the seating area is that after walking around the parks for the whole day, it's nice to sit down and relax to watch the show if you're lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X