This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] TDR Ticket Question

Hello MiceChat! It's been a while, but I am looking for some basic questions about my upcoming July trip to the Tokyo Disney Resort and the one thing that is a unanswered question is how tickets should be purchased? I am from Stateside, so should I go and buy the E-Ticket online or just buy at the park?
    Disneyland - Since 1995
    Walt Disney World - 2010
    Tokyo Disneyland - 2015
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2015
    Disneyland Paris - ????

Re: TDR Ticket Question

Are you staying at one of the Disney hotels or official hotels? If so, you can purchase tickets upon arrival.

If you're staying at one of the three Disney hotels(TDL Hotel, MiraCosta or Ambassador), you can get special length of stay passes.

If you're at one of the official hotels(the hotels along Tokyo Bay), you can buy them upon arrival.

Either way, you're guaranteed park entrance, as a hotel guest.

If you want to be super organized, as we were, just do the E-ticket pre-purchase option. It's easy, once you make a log-in and you just print them out at home. You just nominate which park you wish to visit for the first two days and state your attendance days and then hit "print". It has the advantage of you knowing you DEFINITELY have guaranteed admission, if you're not staying at one of the hotels.

You just fold it up into ticket size, ensuring that the little code thing is near the edge of the ticket so it can be read in FP machines. The new printed E-tickets don't have to fed into a machine, like you would with the old tickets. You just physically place them in a small bay under a reader and it reads the code and issues you with a FP ticket.

Oh and another tip - if you're visiting multiple days, print out a ticket for each day of attendance, as your ticket will get worn throughout the day. Thus you're guaranteed a fresh and clean new ticket for the next day.

So, to sum up - if you want them now and have peace of mind, do the E-ticket. We found it was nice just actually having them and KNOWING we had admission.

Comment

I'm staying a little off-site, so no I'm not at the official hotels. I was reading a few articles that you could order tickets in the US and pick them up at the Ticket Center. Is this still true? Or does this system not exist anymore?
      Disneyland - Since 1995
      Walt Disney World - 2010
      Tokyo Disneyland - 2015
      Disneyland Paris - ????

Comment

Not sure - but then why would you go through the inconvenience of THAT and add an extra step into the process (i.e., having to go somewhere else to pick up physical tickets), when you can just print them at home and HAVE THEM physically before you even leave.

If you're worried about any validity of the printed tickets - trust me, THEY ARE tickets.

We visited TDR twice over one three week holiday to Japan and in SEVEN DAYS of visiting the parks NEVER had them questioned.

They are TICKETS. Trust me.

Comment

Just select your dates, buy the ticket online and print it at home. This will save lots of time imo.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
          Instagram
          Flickr
          Youtube

Comment

The Disney Store is the best route for tickets. If there's one close to where you're staying, I'd highly recommend getting them there the day before you go. You can also purchase them at most any convenience store, but the process is a little bit more complicated.

Comment

Definitely just buy them online. Don't worry about the insistence that you use A4 paper. Just print the tickets on letter paper but make sure the barcode is not cropped or altered.

Comment

Alright, now the online tickets work with Fastpass how?
                Disneyland - Since 1995
                Walt Disney World - 2010
                Tokyo Disneyland - 2015
                Disneyland Paris - ????

Comment

Originally posted by MrPotatoHead View Post
                  You do not insert the tickets into the FastPass machine. Instead you scan a barcode that is on the ticket you print.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                    You do not insert the tickets into the FastPass machine. Instead you scan a barcode that is on the ticket you print.
                    Have all the FP machines been changed over to scan windows?

Comment

Originally posted by MrPotatoHead View Post
                      Read my post above. I stated it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger55 View Post
                        Have all the FP machines been changed over to scan windows?
                        Every one that I tried had.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
                          The Disney Store is the best route for tickets. If there's one close to where you're staying, I'd highly recommend getting them there the day before you go. You can also purchase them at most any convenience store, but the process is a little bit more complicated.
                          I hopefully can get to one before hand!
                          Disneyland - Since 1995
                          Walt Disney World - 2010
                          Tokyo Disneyland - 2015
                          Disneyland Paris - ????

Comment

I haven't purchased tickets from the Disney Stores themselves, but I have purchased tickets from the ticket center in Ikspiari & I have run into problems that tickets can sell out on certain days for the parks- especially if they are on weekends or during some of the events.

I haven't ordered in advance myself, but if you do, you will at least have them and not have to walk up to the ticket centers and be told that they are sold out for a particular day.

As far as the scanners are concerned- the last time I was there this past November I believe I saw both types of scanners, some to scan the bar code and I thought there were the original ones where you inserted the tickets themselves. But it makes sense that even if the ticket is printed at home and folded or cut, the bar codes should be the same size as a regular ticket.

Comment

I don't believe there are any of the old types of FastPass ticket readers left. They are all scanners now.
                              Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X