Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] MiraCosta or Disneyland Hotel?

Availability might decide this in the end (our trip is the first week of July, so there are not a lot of choices -- although they do seem to change slightly every few hours, which is keeping me entertained) - but if I do get to choose, which hotel would you recommend, and why? Let's also assume that I am not able to reserve (or really, not willing to pay for) a room with a view of the Lagoon or the park -- we are there only for a very short (not quite 2 days) trip and will not be in the room except in the morning and at night, so we wouldn't get to see anything happening in the parks. Are there any major differences in the hotels that I should be aware of?

Also, I am curious about the character rooms at the Disneyland Hotel. I am not really seriously thinking about reserving one of these rooms -- my kids are teens, and these rooms actually seem a little much, but I would be interested in hearing from someone who has stayed in one.

Re: MiraCosta or Disneyland Hotel?

IMO, this depends on which park you plan to spend more time in. If you plan to spend more time in TDS, then go with the MiraCosta. If you plan to spend more time at TDL, then go with the DLH. If you are split on which park, I would go with the MiraCosta for a tad of a more luxurious/grand feel and the DLH for a tad of a more Disney feel.

Comment

And if you stay at Miracosta, you can use 15 Entry at TDS on the first day. If you stay at TDL hotel, you will have to wait until the second day to use the 15 Entry.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
      Instagram
      Flickr
      Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
        And if you stay at Miracosta, you can use 15 Entry at TDS on the first day. If you stay at TDL hotel, you will have to wait until the second day to use the 15 Entry.
        I am not sure I am understanding this. I have read that you must decide in advance which park you want to go to early because there are different passes for TDL and TDS but I have not heard that DL Hotel guests can't pick TDS for the first day's early entry . . . is the reverse true too (that MiraCosta guests can enter TDL early only on their second day)?

All of these different rules (no park hopping until the third day, passes have to be used on consecutive days, and now different early entry for people staying at different hotels) are going to drive me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyAnne View Post
          I am not sure I am understanding this. I have read that you must decide in advance which park you want to go to early because there are different passes for TDL and TDS but I have not heard that DL Hotel guests can't pick TDS for the first day's early entry . . . is the reverse true too (that MiraCosta guests can enter TDL early only on their second day)?

All of these different rules (no park hopping until the third day, passes have to be used on consecutive days, and now different early entry for people staying at different hotels) are going to drive me nuts.
          2 Christmases ago, we stayed 2 nights at MiraCosta before switching to Disneyland Hotel. Both are lovely hotels, but after settling into our room at DL Hotel, I instantly thought "I wish we had stayed at MiraCosta." I just love the feeling at that hotel. Others will disagree -- I've read reports that some prefer the DL Hotel over MiraCosta. But, to me, there was just a type of Old World elegance that came with MiraCosta. Whereas, the DL Hotel felt very Victorian. At MiraCosta, we had a lovely view on the Venice side; you can see the canals and in the background Tower of Terror. Now, according to the TDR website, some renovated rooms will become available, but if I'm understanding the website correctly, it would be those on the Tuscany side and in Superior rooms. Disney touches are very subtle in both hotels, of course, with the addition of the character rooms at Disneyland Hotel, you're getting more theming there obviously.

I am not understanding the whole "if you stay here, you can go 15 mins early, but if you stay at the other, you have to wait..." Our plan of attack has always been, get to the resort, check into our rooms/leave luggage with bell services if necessary, and then just head to Disneyland. And then with the next morning, if we had stayed at MiraCosta, head to the exclusive entrance for hotel guests about an hour before park opening. And if we hadn't stayed at MiraCosta, a little bit earlier. I really wonder what time the very first people in line actually line up. Earlier than I'd like to get up, I'm sure. Regardless of whether you stay at MiraCosta or DL Hotel, you will be given a small pass (really, it's just a small colored sheet of paper) that directs you to the center area of the turnstiles at Disneyland. This is where you can enter 15 mins prior to park opening.

Regarding the tickets, if you stay at either of these hotels, you could opt to purchase tickets that would allow you to Park Hop every single day. However, they are more expensive and many say that it's really not worth the time and money. So, if you purchase the 4-day Magic Passport, you will have to tell the cast member "We are visiting (park of your choice) on the first day and then (park of your choice) on the second day" and this information is then printed on your tickets.

Just keep in mind, when in Rome...

Comment

Sory for my bad English

Happy 15 Entry Policy
            • Happy 15 Entry is an exclusive privilege that allows Guests staying at the Disney Hotels to be admitted into certain areas of Tokyo Disneyland Park or Tokyo DisneySea Park 15 minutes before the regular Park opening time.
              • Notes:
              • - This benefit is not available on the day of check-in.
                (Guests staying at the Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta can enter Tokyo DisneySea on their check-in day.)

This means if you stay at Disney Hotel for 2 night, you can use Happy 15 Entry for the next day (the day after you check-in), and the day you check out. You can use the Happy 15 Entry for the day you check in if you stay at Miracosta (if you arrive early enough for the Happy Entry). At this stage, you dont have the room key now, so you have to show them your booking in order to access to the Happy 15 Entry gate.
            Last edited by Duyanh92; 05-13-2015, 03:58 PM.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

Comment

Wow, that's definitely a plus for the Miracosta!

However, I'm one of those who much preferred the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Have stayed at both twice. The rooms at the Miracosta seemed much smaller because of the heavy decoration.

I often think about staying at one of the 3 Disney Hotels again, but after checking the prices I always end up back at the Hilton for hundreds of dollars less per night.
              Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Working...
              X