Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Dreamlights update

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Dreamlights update

I heard Dreamlights is getting upgrades but does anyone know exactly what's being done except the new Rapunzel float? Will the other floats get visual upgrades?

I kind of wish TDL would change the soundtrack since WDW is pretty much using it for the ancient MSEP...

Re: Dreamlights update

The floats without L.E.D will be replaced. I guess it is the Blue, Fairy, Train, the Cat,... My friend told me that. They said they will upgrade 7 floats to L.E.D. It is impossible to do that in 2 days (the parade will stop on 7, 8 of July for upgrade). So my guess is they will make 7 new floats but in the same design in L.E.D

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Comment

So it looks like the world's best parade will get even better!

And what's this about the Ghetto Kingdom using the Dreamlights soundtrack?!?!

Since when did this happen?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by TDS Traveller View Post
        And what's this about the Ghetto Kingdom using the Dreamlights soundtrack?!?!

Since when did this happen?!?!?!
        SINCE WHENN????? I just saw it on Youtube and YES it is Tokyo soundtrack!

Facebook
        Instagram
        Flickr
        Youtube

Comment

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's a damn fine soundtrack at any park! Good for WDW for pinching i. It will make the decrepit parade seem much better.
            Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
              SINCE WHENN????? I just saw it on Youtube and YES it is Tokyo soundtrack!
              Actually, the Dreamlights soundtrack has been used for the old MSEP since it's final year at Disney's California Adventure. It made the trek along with the floats to Walt Disney World.

For the record, I loved that WDW brought the parade in to show while Disneyland wasn't going to use it during DCA's refurb. I thought it was a great way to keep a nighttime parade while they were supposedly going to refurbish and update the Spectromagic parade. Unfortunately, what they did is let Spectromagic decay to the point they had to destroy the floats. So, while Tokyo, Hong Kong and Disneyland get these great new(er) nighttime parades with the latest lighting technology, WDW is left was this old old old parade with nostalgia being the only thing it has going for it.

Comment

starting on July 9 2015 the newer version of Dreamlights will debut with 7 new floats and a tangled unit. (Pooh and Wonderland Unit will be cut) except alice and Chashire cat will be saved. new costumes and some soundtrack tweaks. in the meantime Nightfall Glow parade(Rainy Day Rare Electrical parade) will be played.

Comment

I'm surprised Pooh will be cut! I thought Pooh was SO popular because he is SO kawaii?!?

Also - it doesn't make sense to cut the Wonderland float when TDL itself is getting a whole new Wonderland area. I thought they'd want to keep this IP in everybody's minds.

The only way this makes sense would be if they were doing bigger and better floats.

Comment

Pooh float is dated. Wonderland mini bug and snails arent impressed anymore. I wish they can add the Inside Out float to the parade will glowing mind balls.

Im still unsure how will the floats such as Blue Fairy look like after the renewal? I heard those 7 floats are still in the same design, just with new L.E.D

Facebook
                    Instagram
                    Flickr
                    Youtube

Comment

What soundtrack tweaks?

Comment

The snails don't have to be impressive, they were just fun. I'd hope they keep a couple just to have them. Really isn't hard to keep a whirly in it somehow.

Any new properties besides Tangled we know about?

Comment

They should have created a new float for Pooh-san!
                          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

東京ディズニーランド・エレクトリカルパレード・ドリームライツ リニューアルするフロート全種ご紹介! | コンフェティ
                            there is your link there are

Comment

東京ディズニーランド・エレクトリカルパレード・ドリームライツ リニューアルするフロート全種ご紹介! | コンフェティ
                              there is your link there are photos of new floats that will surprise you. gotta say it's impressive.

Comment

Here's the first vid of the New Dreamlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az-lOnLkA-c

No Elliot?!?!? I'm shocked! That float just got renewed what? 1.5 years ago?

Comment

Maybe it was technical issue! Old Pete float is much better. But they want the float to be smaller and shorter now. Tangled unit is amazing but the looks short and fat.

Facebook
                                  Instagram
                                  Flickr
                                  Youtube

Comment

I wonder why they didn't update Casey Jr and the drum?
                                    Really sad they cut most of the Alice units :-(

Comment

Thoughts while watching:

Blue Fairy's twinkle sounds so Japan now hahaha.

And while making the horses into pegasus they made them kinda evil looking.

Peter Pan float I'm kind've at a loss to.. It was still at a part of the parade that weighs heavily with the underliner but was a bit jarring from it. I know the visual effects show up differently on camera but it's weird having the appeal of the float be looking at the sails. The characters might as well be figurines talking to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                                        Maybe it was technical issue! Old Pete float is much better. But they want the float to be smaller and shorter now. Tangled unit is amazing but the looks short and fat.
                                        I hate the new Tangled float. They should have made Rapunzel's hair more striking and the tower now only looks like a big barrel.

Comment

Working...
                                        X