This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Dress Code in Summer

Hello! I was wondering the dress code for summer in Japan? I know it will be HOT!!! But I want my little ones to respect the culture there, so what can we or cannot wear. I know in Paris Disneyland, the other forum kept saying no tank tops and holes in jeans. Skirts were no higher than just above the knee, and no short shorts. Is it the same or different. Any help will be great!! Thanks so much and sorry for not knowing.

Re: Dress Code in Summer

Does your children have tattos? That might be a problem in some places...

Are you asking if it is ok to dress your kidds in sexy clothing? If you are let me tell you... NO that is NEVER ok.

Don't think about showing Japan respect with what you and your children wear... show your children respekt and all will be fine.

Comment

I'm still wondering why you'd wear jeans with holes in them anyway?

Are you a hobo?

Comment

Culturally, tank tops and shorts are fine in the summer. You may be surprised with how dressed up (girls in skirts and heels) some people will be, even in the summer, but coming in a tank top and shorts isn't offensive by any means.

Comment

Thank you DisneySeaFan and Timmy! My little ones dress like little kids do, tank tops and shorts. The top has a five inch strap and I wanted to know if that showed too much skin for their culture. It was more because I have an older friend who went with a spaghetti strap top and one of the gardeners kept shaking his head at her. I thought it was funny since we warned her, but we have never been there. And to TDS Traveller, no I am NOT a hobo - but the boards I was on gave me those kinds of examples of what not to wear in Paris Disneyland.
          Last edited by ochibiyo; 05-16-2015, 09:42 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling

Comment

I think the holes-in-jeans look is supposed to be faux-hobo . . . it sounds like the poster's children are fairly young, but I will confess that my teen daughters own jeans with holes in them. Even bought them that way. Do I approve? Not especially, but with teens you have to pick your battles.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS Traveller View Post
              I'm still wondering why you'd wear jeans with holes in them anyway?

Are you a hobo?
              A hobo! That's hilarious. I haven't heard that word used in years. (But it was always the go-to easy Halloween costume.)

Comment

Summer time in Japan is much more casual than other seasons due to the extreme heat send humidity. However, most people still dress neatly. Nothing like the shorts, t-shirt, flip flops you'll see in the USA.

In the parks tank tops, t-shirts and shorts are fine as long as they are neat and not worn out. In the city or other tourist areas I would dress them slightly nicer.

It is refreshing to hear someone wanting to respect the culture of another country plus teach that to your children. I applaud you for that. You certainly are in the minority but not in the wrong. Others can certainly take a cue from you.

Comment

I'm definitely looking into this as well. I might bring myself a button up and some nice jeans in the park, maybe even nice shoes.
                  Disneyland - Since 1995
                  Walt Disney World - 2010
                  Tokyo Disneyland - 2015
                  Hong Kong Disneyland - 2015
                  Disneyland Paris - ????

Comment

Young people usually wear t-shirt, short and slipper with the towel on neck. Basically it looks like they are going to the beach.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                    Instagram
                    Flickr
                    Youtube

Comment

It's hot as hell: wear the least amount possible, drink a lot, and you will also now know why the women carry umbrellas. The shade they cast is the only relief from the broiling heat.
                      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Having just been to the TDR and we had a day when the maximum was 9 degrees and it was raining a lot, I just cannot imagine it hot there!

Oh and it was nice too because it kept a lot of the people away!

Comment

Oh thank you Roger55! I truly appreciate your post! So now I kind of get the picture of what to wear for the kids. The smaller ones just a nice tank top and jean shorts right above the knee. The older one loves to wear those puff skirts, but she is wearing leggings to the knee and blouses. Above all, hats! ) Grateful for all the info, thanks everyone!! Puts a load off my mind!

AmyAnne, I am 100% agree with you on picking your battles! The skirt with leggings thing was one of them! UGH!
                          Last edited by ochibiyo; 05-20-2015, 04:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                          X