Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more MiraCosta question: Tuscany Side or Venice Side?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] One more MiraCosta question: Tuscany Side or Venice Side?

I confess that I am somewhat addicted to searching for rooms on the TDR website - it's interesting that the inventory changes (slightly) quite often. And having decided that we will spend our one night at MiraCosta, I now have to decide Tuscany Side or Venice Side. The Tuscany Side rooms pop up far less often than the Venice Side rooms, so I figured that they were substantially less expensive. But it turns out a Tuscany Side room is "only" $40 (USD) less than the Venice Side room (for the same, lowest-level "Superior Room").

I have not been able to find a lot of information about the views from either the Tuscany Side rooms or the Venice Side rooms. The only thing people seem to say about the Tuscany rooms is that they look out over the parking lot. There seems to be more variability in the views from a Venice room, with some people saying that they have a good view of the park and others saying that the view is not very good.

So, I am wondering, is it worth paying $40 more for a Venice Side room? I understand that different people will have different views about what would be worth $40 (which is about 10 percent of the price of the room) -- but since I have absolutely no experience, it would be helpful to me to hear what other people (who have stayed at this hotel) think.

Thanks!

Re: One more MiraCosta question: Tuscany Side or Venice Side?

I've stayed on both sides and prefer the Venice side. The Tuscany side either has a view of the front entrance of the MiraCosta (the fountain and small gardens with statues) or the AquaSphere plaza (the giant spinning globe/fountain). The Venice side has views of the canals/gondolas and also part of American Waterfront. On higher floors, you will have a great view of Tower of Terror and the ocean liner. You can technically have park views from both sides, but the Venice side is a safer bet for guaranteed views. I think most people consider the Tuscany side less desirable than the other two sides, which is why the MiraCosta is redesigning all rooms on that side to be more elaborately themed during the renovation.

Comment

Thanks, RSG. I think we will go with the Venice Side; I was just surprised, once the system finally had an available Tuscany Side room and I could see the price, that it really was not much less expensive -- I have been running the search pretty much every day for the past week or so and there are almost always Venice Side rooms available but not Tuscany Side rooms, so I expected them to be much less expensive.

Another interesting thing is that the system does not let you choose to book a room on a higher floor at MiraCosta -- is this because all of the higher rooms are patio rooms, so if you want a higher floor you need to book a patio room?

Comment

The Patio rooms on the Venice side are on the 1st floor and face the swimming pool. The Terrace rooms are the ones on the 5th floor. I'm not sure why they don't have the option to select a higher floor for the standard rooms.

Comment

Forgive if you've already found and seen this, but I literally had just pulled this up on YouTube seconds before seeing your post. I was trying to find additional information about the rooms they are renovating at MiraCosta. But, the room and it's view on the video is very much like the room we stayed in. And, also, I think I remember when I was booking the room that I had the option between terrace/patio or a higher room and I wanted a higher room. Looking out at the canals at night and seeing it and other areas of the park lit up at night were worth it to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFo8S2pxN0E

Comment

Thanks -- I'm going to go with the Venice Side (After the Renovations) Superior Room. I just did another search on the reservations website and there are five choices (most of them sold out):

Venice Side Superior Room
            (After the Renovations) Venice Side Superior Room
            (After the Renovations) Venice Side Palazzo Patio Room
            Venice Side Triple Room
            After the Renovations) Venice Side Triple Room

I guess all of the Palazzo Patio rooms will be renovated.

Does anyone know whether it might be worthwhile to email a request for a room on a higher floor?

Edited to add: Looking at the Disneyland Hotel room choices, it's even more odd about the MiraCosta -- the Disneyland Hotel charges different rates for 1st - 3rd floors; 4th - 9th floors; Park View 3rd - 6th floors; Park View 7th - 8th floors; Park Grand View 5th - 6th floors; and Park Grand View 7th - 8th floors. I wonder why the MiraCosta does not have a similar rate structure.
            Last edited by AmyAnne; 05-17-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Because Miracosta only has 4 levels. 2-4 are the regular guest rooms and 5th floor is for speciale rooms and suites. Only Venice side has 1st floor which is the patio room. It is weird if fourth floor is more expensive than 2nd floor. Also, at Miracosta I think lower floor is better.

Im not sure if you can email them? Do you have their email? As I know they don't use email for contact. PLs correct me if Im worng.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
              Instagram
              Flickr
              Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                Because Miracosta only has 4 levels. 2-4 are the regular guest rooms and 5th floor is for speciale rooms and suites. Only Venice side has 1st floor which is the patio room. It is weird if fourth floor is more expensive than 2nd floor. Also, at Miracosta I think lower floor is better.

Im not sure if you can email them? Do you have their email? As I know they don't use email for contact. PLs correct me if Im worng.

Comment

Yeah from what I know the hotel doesnt use email for reservation. Only phone call is available. I've stayed at Miracosta several times and trust me, level 2 and level 4 are not really different. Lower level allows you to listen to the park music effectively.

I strongly recommend you to stay at after renovation room. But if you plan to come back to this hotel in the future, you can stay at the original room before it is renovated.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                  Instagram
                  Flickr
                  Youtube

Comment

Working...
                  X