Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Finding Dory will replace Storm Rider

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Finding Dory will replace Storm Rider

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/blog...t=7uK_35ohJust

Just one word for this news!

Bad move!

Any thoughts?

I like Storm Rider so much. Although I didnt ride it all the time, but I love the storyline.
    Last edited by Duyanh92; 05-19-2015, 12:34 AM.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Re: Finding Dory will replace Storm Rider

Well that's disappointing, I didn't think Storm Rider needed replacing, it still seemed like a very popular ride, with longish wait times, when I went last year. And it was such a unique experience not found anywhere else in the world so I'm sad to see it go.

Maybe the film itself was starting to show it's age, and with everything going digital and high def they maybe wanted to keep things fresh. I would have preferred just an updated version of the ride if anything, a la Star Tours.

English press release.
    http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20150519_1e.pdf

Hopefully I can get one more ride in before it closes.
    Last edited by Grimezy; 05-19-2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

I know. I like the idea of changing the vehicle into the Submarine but why Finding Nemo? The port works better with heavy theme like the ride Iron Reef at Knott Berry Farm. I think they want to remodel the building as well so it won't ruin the Frozen port, that's why they end up updating this ride. Maybe they will create a queue because they don't have it at the moment.

Facebook
      Instagram
      Flickr
      Youtube

Comment

It's past April 1st, so......

But seriously - this is SO weird as I was JUST thinking yesterday, "I wonder when Stormrider will be taken out?" That is REALLY uncanny and weird!

It was always one of my LEAST favourite attractions at TDS but I'm still glad my partner and I got to ride it twice during our recent seven day stay. At least when we go back, it'll be like having a brand new attraction, along with Frozenland and the New FL stuff in TDL.

Bring on the new stuff, OLC!!!!!!

Comment

Can somebody elaborate on what this ride system is like? Is it a giant Star Tours motion base?
          Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Still like StormRider. Instead of riding an aircraft and going into the storm. You ride an simulated submarine and explore the colorful ocean of animation.

Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

Comment

Still like StormRider. Instead of riding an aircraft and going into the storm. You ride an simulated submarine and explore the colorful ocean of animation. It is like Star Tours but HUGE.

Facebook
              Instagram
              Flickr
              Youtube

Comment

I dunno how it will thematically fit but after reading the press release I'll give them a benefit of a doubt. At least when TDR incorporates characters it's done tastefully for the most part and not shamelessly shoehorned like in the US.

Also Finding Memo had to have a larger in TDS beyond Crush eventually. I'm surprised there is no Pacific themed port actually.

Comment

Mixed feelings.

I really like Storm Rider. I always assumed it would be changed or upgraded, but this is kind of a surprise. This does indeed have a height requirement, but I doubt that it will be a "thrill ride" in the way that Storm Rider is. Hopefully this employs in-cabin effects that are comparable and just as exciting as Storm Rider's. I'll reserve judgement until I ride it of course.

Comment

One of the better overlays they could have done. No harm in replacing the film and refurbishing the cabins. It will definitely be more popular than Stormrider. And fortunately it seems easily removable if the OLC wishes to bring back Stormrider or put in another film. It was the weakest ride at TDS anyways. Still I hope this isn't an indication of a trend to toonify TDS beyond good taste. I still don't believe it's heading too far South in that direction... yet.

The concept art is very kawaii, I'm sure it will be a huge hit.
                    Last edited by MactheMan; 05-19-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

This is great in concept: Stormrider has always been hackneyed and weak, with visible lines on the screen that look lousy and ruin the illusion. The projection is not strong and bright, which will no doubt be fixed because I'm sure they're going to use 4k projectors for this.

It's never been that popular. Only on the busiest days is there a wait longer than 20 minutes.

It's a clever idea to redo it this way, but it completely screws up the theming for Port Discovery: the entire land exists in the FUTURE. So putting a Findy Dory ride here is DUMB. I knew that the 4 billion bucks was going to buy a lot more changes than were announced, and this ride will no doubt be popular, but it really screws up the backstory of Port Discovery.

And, by the way, I strongly believe that this is not the last change we'll see to TDS in the next two years, aside from the new port.
                      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I think they pretty much threw out timelines when they added Finding Nemo to American Waterfront. Much like all the other Finding Nemo attractions in Tomorrowland and Future World, it appears that the IP when used in the parks exists separate from the timeline established in their respective films.

Comment

Comment

Although I was not particularly impressed by Stormrider, it's a shame to see an original attraction replaced by an IP/toon.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

Originally posted by MactheMan View Post
                              Still I hope this isn't an indication of a trend to toonify TDS beyond good taste.
                              Post-Tower of Terror, virtually every single thing that's happened to TDS has been to toonify/kawaii-ify the park:

-Princess Jasmine Spinner
                              -Turtle Talk
                              -Toy Story Mania
                              -Duffy
                              -Lost River Character Trails
                              -Donald area in El Dorado
                              -Store decor conversion to toons (e.g., Juliet's)
                              -Sinbad's Storybook version
                              -Fantasmic
                              -Arendelle
                              -Finding Dory Simulator

I'm probably missing a few. It will be a miracle if the new Hangar Stage show doesn't feature kawaii/toons. The trend is well underway, and it's not one I'm happy to see.
                              http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X