Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Finding Dory will replace Storm Rider

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finding Dory will replace Storm Rider

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
    Post-Tower of Terror, virtually every single thing that's happened to TDS has been to toonify/kawaii-ify the park:

-Princess Jasmine Spinner
    -Turtle Talk
    -Toy Story Mania
    -Duffy
    -Lost River Character Trails
    -Donald area in El Dorado
    -Store decor conversion to toons (e.g., Juliet's)
    -Sinbad's Storybook version
    -Fantasmic
    -Arendelle
    -Finding Dory Simulator

I'm probably missing a few. It will be a miracle if the new Hangar Stage show doesn't feature kawaii/toons. The trend is well underway, and it's not one I'm happy to see.
    You read what you wanted to read. I said "beyond good taste." Every Disney park has opened relatively light on characters and has progressively become more character based. It's a trend that shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm saying that at least all the character based additions have been in good taste. There are rare examples, but can you think of any Disney park that has added none-IP based attractions a decade after its opening, besides the original Disneyland?

Increased usage of IP's in a theme park is a given. It's a relief to me that at least the OLC is doing it in good taste.

Also, what is wrong with making the parks more kawaii, so long as it does not disturb the themed environments? It appeals to local taste, and for the most case, is integrated well, ie Turtle Talk with Crush, Toy Story, etc. And the conversion to the more "toon" Sinbad was a huge plus. The beautiful score and free spirit made it one of my favorite rides in the park.

In general the life cycle of a theme park is:

(I) Opening: begin with a highly sophisticated "base" (Animal Kingdom, all the original Magic Kingdom's, DisneySea, Epcot... even DCA in a sense)

(II) Growth: grow and fill in expanasion pads with somewhat original concept [ie the stage HKDL has just completed, thru the addition of Autopia, IASW, Grizzly Peak, and Mystic Manor... all the other parks I listed above follow that model as well]

(III) Post-Growth: continue to add culturally relevant IP's, focus on boosting capacity and efficiency of resort (occurs approx. 10-15 years after opening).

Of course, it isn't a rigid model and there are relatively insignificant deviations, but overall it holds true.

It is interesting that the IP-crazed Iger is changing that model by jumping straight to the Post-Growth strategy of stuffing SDL with all the IP's he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
      It's a clever idea to redo it this way, but it completely screws up the theming for Port Discovery: the entire land exists in the FUTURE. So putting a Findy Dory ride here is DUMB.
      Probably the building will be the ocean research institute. Maybe in the preshow they will introduce their new invention of a machine that can minimize the submarine into fish size. And then we explore the Great Barrier Reef, and finally a monster attacks the ship and the ship fires the monster. They will have to come up with a perfectly fit theme. 5 billion is so generous for them to do. Just pretend The Center for Weather Control is bankrupt and now another institute takes over the place. haha!

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
      Instagram
      Flickr
      Youtube

Comment

Sad. While not earth-shattering, I really enjoy StormRider

Comment

I think this sounds like a fun ride enhancement. I never really liked the storm rider it always felt a bit generic to me compared to the other great rides at the park, if it's done the same as turtle talk it could be a good attraction

Comment

I really enjoyed StormRider and thought it was better than Star Tours 2.

But Pixar is directly involved in the conversion, it will be based on Finding Dory so it is relevant to the DisneySea theme. I trust that it is in good hands.

Well, Disney puts in the rides that the guests want and they believe this is what the guests want because of their feedbacks. You can't just blame the company all the time, just because they respond to popular demands.
            Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
            Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
            Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
            Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
            Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
            Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
            Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Storm Rider is much better than Star Tours. At least for me. Star Tours makes me dizzy. I don't know why. The atmosphere of Storm Rider cannot be compared to any simulation ride. All of my friends said they think they were on a real aircraft because the motion is so true, and the deck is huge. By the way, I dont trust the concept. The result might be better. The concept art for Character Rooms at TDLH is so gorgeous and elegant but when it comes to reality, it is worse than the concept. Hopefully the new room at Miracosta wont dissapoint me.

Facebook
              Instagram
              Flickr
              Youtube

Comment

I think people are worried that it will be another clone of the Finding Nemo rides that just retell the story. They wouldn't throw away the action packed aspect of the original ride though.

Comment

I'm mystified by the responses about Star Tours 3D. It's incredible! The picture is sharp, with myriad variations (53 or 54) in possible sequences, and it stars our favorite characters. Storm Rider is not even in the same class imho.
                  Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                    By the way, I dont trust the concept. The result might be better. The concept art for Character Rooms at TDLH is so gorgeous and elegant but when it comes to reality, it is worse than the concept. Hopefully the new room at Miracosta wont dissapoint me.
                    The actual photos of the MiraCosta rooms are up on the Japanese website now. I think they look very nice and a big improvement on the old rooms.

東京ディズニーシー・ホテルミラコスタ 客室リニューアル|ディズニーホテル

Comment

ThankS RSG. Im looking it just right now and see your link as well. It is still a bit plastic though but yeah it is great in overall. We will miss the old Miracosta then. The Tuscany is probably the best one. Others seem a bit glossy and plastic.

I love their silky smooth linen from the old room. It was really awesome.

Facebook
                      Instagram
                      Flickr
                      Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
                        I'm mystified by the responses about Star Tours 3D. It's incredible! The picture is sharp, with myriad variations (53 or 54) in possible sequences, and it stars our favorite characters. Storm Rider is not even in the same class imho.
                        The only thing that was good about Stormrider is how they had extra effects inside the ride and that the video featured the port that the ride was in... kinda...

...and how can anyone not like Startours 2? It's great!

Comment

The first video I saw of the ride I felt disappointed, then with more videos being uploaded I didn't realise this was getting a Star Tours 2 treatment with different scenes every time you rode it.

Makes it seem much better.

Although for those that have ridden it, are there any effects throughout the ride like Stormrider had?
                          Last edited by Grimezy; 05-12-2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Anyone have a video of the ride yet?
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                              Anyone have a video of the ride yet?

Last edited by Grimezy; 05-13-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Nice seems fine....never been into motion simulation rides but im sure kids will like it
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X