X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger55
    replied
    Re: Three of Four Days for a First Timer?

Opinions here tend to be strong, biased and often presented as fact. Many things stated here as fact do not match with my personal opinions or experiences.

I try not to post my personal preferences as if they must be followed by everyone. I advise that everyone read through the posts and pick out what YOU believe applies to your personal preferences and situation.

Leave a comment:

• TDS Traveller
    replied

It's the usual rule, as stated in the above meal times.

Go where and when most people AREN'T.

We looked at crowd calendars and found a BEAUTIFUL sweet spot right between (actual) Easter and Golden Week. Sure one day it was 9 degrees max and it rained a bit but we love the cold and the park was almost empty.

We also had plans EVERY DAY down to the fifteen minute marks of what we were doing. It helped that we spent seven days at the resort (with one of those days being a 1:00pm entry and one being a 5:00pm entry), and we did EVERYTHING we wanted to do MULTIPLE times, had two meals at Megellan's and ate at almost every single major sit down restaurant we wanted to.

I always say, if you rock up to ANY theme park without a plan but yet hope to see everything and have a relaxed day with sit down meals, you must be crazy.

If you do that at the TDR you're just wasting your time and money.

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

Yes, it's a must to be on line outside the gates 45 minutes before park opening times. Know exactly where you're going to get your first FastPass, then know every step after that for the next two to three hours.
    Eat lunch at 10:30: you'll be plenty hungry since you will have been up since 6 am or so.
    Eat dinner between 4 and 5.
    Otherwise you will end up spending a Tokyoite's average day at Tokyo Disneyland: 3 rides, one show, and a meal.

Leave a comment:

• TDS Traveller
    replied

You can come an hour later(I presume that's what you meant to say), but your experience will be commensurate with that later arrival.

It all depends on exactly what experience you actually wish to have at the TDR.

If you wish to see the major attractions early on and get some Fast Passes as well, you NEED to get to the gates AT LEAST forty five minutes early. On a weekend, even that's going to be pushing it.

One thing to remember is that the Japanese know how to do these parks. They will be waiting by FP machines, checking the time constantly to see when their next FP window opens. We're not talking slow, slovenly Westerners here - these are people that know they're competing with tens of thousands of others to get prized places and times.

Or you can be like the American tourists wandering into Mediterranean Harbour around 11:30am one morning at TDS, as we strolled past, over-hearing the father say, "Now maybe we should get Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania - I wonder which direction we need to go?"

We laughed and said to each other, "In your dreams Chuck!"

Fact is, you need to arrive at this resort with a plan and some definite ideas of what you're doing and what you want to achieve.

Leave a comment:

• MrPotatoHead
    replied

I might as well put this here so not to clog up the rest of the forum with my questions haha. So, what time should I arrive at the Park's gates? Should I come more than an hour later?

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

Good for you, Potato Head! You won't regret it. Make sure to follow our trip plans that have been printed in other threads on this Forum. There are definitely "good" ways to see these parks that will save you a lot of agony!

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

Yes maybe you don't understand my idea. I mean both TDL and TDS. I should say that 'Walking around the park and looking for short queue is just waste your time.'?? My idea is to advise him joining the queue if he wants to ride something and shouldnt looking for shorter queue. I didnt mean he should ride attractions instead of enjoy the ambience of the park. Tokyo DisneySea is quite beautiful meanwhile I think Tokyo Disneyland has the weakest design. I rate it as the ugliest castle park, although TDL is still my second favorite park. I think they will eventually redesign all the areas at Tokyo Disneyland in future.

Leave a comment:

• TDS Traveller
    replied

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    My advice is based on many westerners feedback. Many of my friends love to ride attractions and that is what they usually have done. For first time visitor, they are usually looking for attractions rather than shows. When someone wants to ride a ride, and they find the queue is long and they keep running around looking for shorter queue and it is waste of time! I never immune to the atmosphere of TDS. The fact is I never (or rarely) ride anything when I'm there.
    Well then, now you're saying something completely different to the comment I took exception with. I'll chalk this up to English as a second language and commend you for your bilingual skills - SUBARASHI!

You indicated walking around TDS was a waste of time - you then stated it was a waste of time walking from ride to ride looking for a shorter queue.

I COMPLETELY agree with this.

My point was that just BEING IN TDS is WONDERFUL and you can stand on the Ponte Vecchio bridge and just look out over the harbour and look at the MiraCosta and the fortess and enjoy the atmosphere and the ambience. This is a COMPLETELY different thing to running around looking for short queues to join.

And yes, I LOVE the attractions (moreso than the shows) but ensure I ALWAYS have AT LEAST four days at the TDR to experience everything I wish to see and ALSO have time to just stroll and relax and take it all in.

Leave a comment:

• MrPotatoHead
    replied

Thank you all for the help! I decided that I'll going around Japan for 7 days that 4 days at Tokyo Disneyland are worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

If you want to find out more great things to do in the Tokyo area, go to YouTube and search for the NHK TV show "Tokyo Eye." There are many episodes (in English) on line and I've found them to be very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• robbiem
    replied

Originally posted by MrPotatoHead View Post
    Do not worry robbiem, I'm doing more than just TDR! I am just making it part of a Japan trip I'd like to do as well! Going to other parts of Japan while I'll be there.
    Im glad you're going to see more of Japan, please feel free to let me know if you'd like any more help planning your trip. I hope you have fun

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

My advice is based on many westerners feedback. Many of my friends love to ride attractions and that is what they usually have done. For first time visitor, they are usually looking for attractions rather than shows. When someone wants to ride a ride, and they find the queue is long and they keep running around looking for shorter queue and it is waste of time! I never immune to the atmosphere of TDS. The fact is I never (or rarely) ride anything when I'm there.
    Last edited by Duyanh92; 05-25-2015, 05:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TDS Traveller
    replied

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Walking around the park is just waste your time.
    LOL!

I'm seeing I'm continually becoming more and more out of step with your "advice".

Maybe it's your frequency of visits that makes you immune to the ambience and atmosphere of TDS but I've always said that TDS is one of the FEW parks in the world where, if I only just walked around it all day and did not experience a single attraction, I'd STILL feel I got my money's worth.

The things TDS does BEST is create an ambience and sense of not only "place", but of "time".

You LITERALLY (correct use of such an over-used word) feel transported to somewhere else and THAT alone is worth the (small) price of admission!

Leave a comment:

• Duyanh92
    replied

I suggest you spend 4 days. TDR is going to change dramatically. Especially Tokyo DisneySea. It might not look like this in the future. They may destroy some of the uniqueness. You should probably do a time guide so you can get the most out of it. If you have no fastpass and the queue is 70-100 minutes, Just wait for it. Walking around the park is just waste your time. Download the waittime app so you can have the info for the waiting time.

Leave a comment:

• MrPotatoHead
    replied

Do not worry robbiem, I'm doing more than just TDR! I am just making it part of a Japan trip I'd like to do as well! Going to other parts of Japan while I'll be there.

Leave a comment:

• robbiem
    replied

It depends how long you are in Japan for and what you want to see. A day at each park is fine to get the highlights but if you want to do all the rides etc or have a more leisurely trip two days per park allows you to relax a bit more and soak in the details (this is what I do at the end of a trip to Japan before leaving for home). If you've been to the U.S. parks you may also want less time if you don't plan on riding things which are the same like Toy Story Mania and the fantasyland dark rides etc (except Pooh's Hunny Hunt which is a must see).

When you go to Japan make sure you see more than just TDR though - the country is beautiful and its people are amongst the nicest I have ever met, my visit has inspired me to try and learn Japanese which I think will be a lifelong journey. If you have time try and go outside Tokyo - places like Nikko, Kamakura, the Ghibli museum and Hakone are all easy day trips and travel is very easy and not scary at all with websites like Hyperdia for timetables and Japan guide for tourist info.

However long one you take I really hope you have a great time and share your experiences with us when you return

Leave a comment:

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
    replied

Do you have to ride every single ride? Do you have to see all shows? One day per park is enough to see the most unique stuff.
    Use the forth day in Tokyo!

Leave a comment:

• MrPotatoHead
    replied

I'm so on the fence now! It's so hard to decide stuff like this!

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

I spend FIVE days at the Tokyo Disney Resort. Two days at DisneySea (which doesn't have many attractions but has more shows) and three days at Tokyo Disneyland. That's been my schedule for many years. Your mileage may vary!

Leave a comment:

• Grimezy
    replied

I spent four days at the resort in total, by the end of it it got a bit repetitive, so me personally I'd spend the extra day in Tokyo.

Have one day for Disneyland, one for Disneysea, and just choose what you want on the third day, maybe even both parks just to do anything you couldn't do on the first two days. And make sure plan for it to go over weekdays.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X