Planning Tokyo Disney Honeymoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Planning Tokyo Disney Honeymoon

Ok guys, I've been reading these threads, especially hotel reviews, but I need all the help I can get. I'm leaning toward the Disneyland hotel but what is everyones recommendations to stay, looks like the park view isn't worth the extra $$. Anyone have any good tips for planning a visit from the states?
    Jeff Wayne

Re: Planning Tokyo Disney Honeymoon

Hi mate - we recently visited so have some fairly up to date info.

Is it your first visit to TDR? Have you been to Japan before?

Fire away any specific questions.

As to hotels, unless money is completely no object, we found the Sheraton to be INCREDIBLE value. It's first class, about a 90 second walk from the Bayside Station monorail stop and we got upgraded twice (stayed at beginning and end of Japan vacation at TDR) and had fantastic park views. Further, we paid about $180.00 per night, compared to the prices at the official Disney hotels.

I hope you both have a fantastic time!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
      Ok guys, I've been reading these threads, especially hotel reviews, but I need all the help I can get. I'm leaning toward the Disneyland hotel but what is everyones recommendations to stay, looks like the park view isn't worth the extra $$. Anyone have any good tips for planning a visit from the states?
      The Disney SEA Hotel Mira Costa is more unique...

Comment

If money is not an issue! I recommend Tokyo Disneyland Hotel for largest room size at TDR hotels or Miracosta for its uniqueness. If this is your life-time trip, try to book the Harbor view! Otherwise, I recommend Sheraton and Okura at the resort. Many people prefer Hilton Tokyo Bay due to its affordable price but I don't recommend this due to the poor service. This hotel doesnt meet the Japanese service standard at all!

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
        Instagram
        Flickr
        Youtube

Comment

I'd have to agree on one point. While I got good service at the Hilton, I remember coming back one evening from a day at the park in a basic Western-style shirt and black pants and dress shoes. Certainly not under-dressed in any way. I asked the man at the front desk if he knew where I could buy something(can't remember what it was), as the small shop in the hotel was closed. He gave me this EXTREMELY condescending attitude and said something like, "You can try the hotel next door".

Being an extremely nice person, who likes to see the best in others, I just turned and said, "Oh well, I guess I'll go up to my room". It was then I noticed the look of shock on his face. He'd thought I was somebody who'd just come in off the street and obviously felt I was beneath the Hilton standard (maybe he should look at the heiress of the chain to see real trash!). As I was going up to my room, I remember thinking, "How dare you!" but, of course, it was too late to do anything.

That was the only thing that coloured what was a wonderful stay.

I will disagree with dianah92 however that the Hilton is cheaper. I regular check prices on Hotels.com and the Hilton is ALWAYS more expensive than the Sheraton. Further to that, having stayed at both, I'd ONLY ever stay at the Sheraton again - it's really nice inside and for about $180.00, for a hotel of that quality, next to the best Disney Resort in the world, you'd have to be crazy to say no!

Comment

Hey I agree the Hilton is expensive now. It was around $100 a night before. Both Hilton and Sheraton at TDR are 4 star plus hotel. Probably these were built long ago and the facilities are dated. But Sheraton totally has better facilities and larger room too.

Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

Comment

I've never stayed at the Sheraton yet, but have always stayed at the Hilton without any problems and I've always gotten an automatic upgrade since I'm an Honors member every time I've checked in. I will agree that the room rates have really gone up over the past 2 years.

I don't belive that the Hilton has poor or sub-standard Japanese service at all. The only drop in service that I have noticed in the past few years is that they don't seem to bother taking your luggage to the room any more- but other than that, I've never had any issues with the hotel.

My friend stayed at the Sheraton one time and he wasn't overly impressed with it- He said the hotel did have a more American feel to it and believed the Hilton had more Japanese style rooms, but that was just his opinion. I've been meaning to try it myself to compare, but actually each time I've tried comparing rates- the Sheraton has always been more expensive than the Hilton.

I haven't stayed at either the Disneyland or Mira Costa since I can never seem to plan early enough to book a room, but if I had a choice between the two, I would definitely stay at the Mira Costa first & think that would be a better choice for a Honeymoon stay.

TDS Traveller, I am surprised of that particular cast members attitude towards you, but there is a 24 hour shop in the Hilton that I've been shopping in for snacks and drinks for years, I'm surprised you didn't see it.

Comment

Just wanted to add that: 1) the Hilton has a Starbucks if you are into that kind of thing and 2) the Miracosta has its own entrance to TDS which made me feel special. We are planning to return to the Hilton on our next trip.

Comment

This is all such great information. I'm still in love with the Disneyland Hotel, but the Miracosta seems wonderful, but a review I read said something about cigarette smoke which I wouldn't be fond of. I will have to definitely look up the Shareton.
                  Jeff Wayne

Comment

I stayed at the Miracosta on my last trip with the harbor view. The view was AMAZING but the room was just OK. Seemed pretty dated already. The beds are as hard as a rock and the duvet was incredibly scratchy. For the money I don't think it was worth the awesome view. I'd probably stay at the Sheraton or Hilton next time.
                    Mission: Visit every Disney park. ACCOMPLISHED

Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea: 10/14
                    Disneyland Paris & Walt Disney Studios: 11/14
                    Disneyland California & California Adventure: 5/01
                    Hong Kong Disneyland: 3/15
                    Walt Disney World & AK & Epcot & DHS: 11/98
                    Shanghani Disneyland: 4/17

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
                      I don't belive that the Hilton has poor or sub-standard Japanese service at all. The only drop in service that I have noticed in the past few years is that they don't seem to bother taking your luggage to the room any more- but other than that, I've never had any issues with the hotel.

Facebook
                      Instagram
                      Flickr
                      Youtube

Comment

So sorry for some awful experiences I wrote above.

As a recommendation I still recommend Miracosta because it has new room types now. Or at least, staying at Sheraton, and have 1 last night at Miracosta (or TDL Hotel). The 15 early entry is really worth the room price. (just like you pay for a premium tour). I just rode Journey 5 times in an hour, using the Happy 15.

Facebook
                        Instagram
                        Flickr
                        Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
                          This is all such great information. I'm still in love with the Disneyland Hotel, but the Miracosta seems wonderful, but a review I read said something about cigarette smoke which I wouldn't be fond of. I will have to definitely look up the Shareton.
                          Hey mate - Unfortunately,if you plan to get out of the TDR, cigarette smoke is something you're going to have to just get used to. When we went, people would light up right next to us in restaurants. It was actually quite confronting and gross. Only a few of the places we ate at actually had non-smoking sections but you still can smell the smoke, since if wafts over.

Just FYI.

Any other questions about the TDR?

Comment

Originally posted by TDS Traveller View Post
                            Hey mate - Unfortunately,if you plan to get out of the TDR, cigarette smoke is something you're going to have to just get used to. When we went, people would light up right next to us in restaurants. It was actually quite confronting and gross. Only a few of the places we ate at actually had non-smoking sections but you still can smell the smoke, since if wafts over.

Just FYI.

Any other questions about the TDR?
                            Thanks for much for the info.

So we are leaning toward Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and the Miracosta. What are the best rooms, are there any that are smoke free and can you request this in advanced? If I'm reading correctly you book 6 months prior? I also heard its better to buy the tickets at the hotel, is this true?
                            Jeff Wayne

Comment

Can anyone tell me how accurate the hotel fares for future dates are on the TDL website. We want to go last week of March, but its showing "top" rate, is it better to go in June?
                              Jeff Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X