Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Am I Mad? Booked for TDR on Christmas DAY!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Am I Mad? Booked for TDR on Christmas DAY!

I'm kinda freaking out. We have booked a trip for four days from Xmas eve until the 28th Dec (4 days including a weekend) at the Tokyo Disney Resort. As we have time off for Xmas we could either a) stay home and do nothing or b) go to Disney. I opted for the second. This won't be our first time at the resort; we previously visited for 5 days during a quiet time. Although it sounded like a good idea at the time I'm now thinking it's total madness as the parks will be smashed (I knew this though anyway)!!

I have no intention in seeing and doing everything (I am not unrealistic) and we are staying onsite so will make the most of the Happy 15 and priority seating.

What's the best way of tackling this!?!?! ARGH!

Re: Am I Mad? Booked for TDR on Christmas DAY!

I wouldn't freak out that much. You are not going during a weekend and Christmas is NOT a national holiday like in other countries. Students will be off starting the 19th so you will see more people because of that. But for workers those are normal work days.

December 23 is a holiday (Emperor's Birthday) but that is before your visit.

Comment

We were there during the Christmas season a couple of years ago, up to and including Christmas day. And, I think since we were going with the thoughts of "it's going to be crazy crowded, so we will just make the best of it" we wound up being pleasantly surprised that it wasn't nearly as bad as we were imagining it would be. Sure, there were crowds, but it wasn't a wall-to-wall packed madhouse like we had anticipated. No, the worse crowds I've seen at TDR was Spring Voyage/Disneyland Easter; those programs had just started, the weather was warming up, and everybody was at the parks as it was also cherry blossom season. No, those crowds and lines were far worse than our experiences at Christmas. We actually were able to visit the week before Christmas in 2012 and then the week of Chrismas 2013. I imagine you've already thought of it, but we felt varying temperatures where one afternoon it was mild enough that I was comfortable wearing a t-shirt and jeans, but another evening where the wind was brisk enough, the temperature had dropped, and you could feel the dampness coming off the bay that we all felt like it was pretty cold and layers to include hats and gloves were necessary. So, in any case, layers will be your friend! Ahh, TDR at Christmas time, so magical!!!

Comment

You may know the answer above.

Just feel sad that you will miss the Christmas event which will end at 25th of December.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
        Instagram
        Flickr
        Youtube

Comment

no no, we'll be there Christmas eve up until the following Monday so it will be decorated for Christmas for 2 of the 4 days we'll be visiting.

Comment

So for that 2 days just try to get as much as you can for the holiday activities. Im not sure if you are a show person or not but parade and show are what make TDR special. There will be new Christmas parade at TDL and Christmas show at TDS.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

Comment

Working...
            X