• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pancakesaregood
    MiceChatter
    • May 2005

Tokyo DisneySea expansions in the future

Since the next attraction to open at DisneySea is the Hightower Hotel, followed by an attraction for Disneyland (Monsters, Inc.), the next ride would be for Tokyo DisneySea. Do you think it needs a new ride? What should it be?
    A Big E-Ticket (Soarin' or in TDS' case Sailin')
    0%
    D- or C- tickets
    0%
    Unifinished American Waterfront Proposals
    0%
    Other, the choices aren't where it should be.
    0%
    None, it's big enough as it is.
    0%
  • tloolgb
    Internet.Serious Business
    • May 2005

Re: Tokyo DisneySea expansions in the future

I like the sound of the immigrant version of Mr Toad...but the other proposed AW rides sounded lame...like how to take these flat rides from DCA and add them to TDS...

Comment

• Tom319
      • Aug 2005

At one point in the early 90's they were going to build the mattehorn in TDL. That could be really neat if they went all out

Comment

• stitcharielsinbad
        Disney Prince
        • Jan 2005

the unfinished American Waterfront mini attractions would have been refreshing additions, certainly nothing too major but it would have been quite nice to have them. hasn't it been said that TDS needs more micro rides than E-tickets?

Comment

• MAT(sexymatt)
          • Dec 2005

I would love to see them flesh out the American Waterfront section cause every other part of the park is so good. They should put in that Cops and Robbers atraction that they were thinking about a while ago. Or that one ride they were gonna put in the cruise ship that simulates it capsizing. Or who knows a giant E-ticket attraction anywhere in the park would be great too since the park seems to be filled with em, why start building lesser rides now.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tom319
            At one point in the early 90's they were going to build the mattehorn in TDL. That could be really neat if they went all out

I would be sad if there were another Matterhorn Bobsleds in the world.

I liked that Sleeping Beauty Castle was the original, and when Cinderella Castle was copied in Japan and the new Chateau was designed for France there was feng shui in the world. Then Hong Kong copied Walt's castle. I would be sad if TDL copied the Matterhorn. It's like the only Disneylandesque thing left at Disneyland that hasn't been cloned.

Comment

• DisneySeaFan
              Sea Creature
              • Aug 2005

There's a large hunk of land next to Lost River Delta, you'll see it if you look on some maps, something is for sure going there. I hope they somehow convert it to a Port Discovery attraction since Lost River Delta already has two e-ticket rides (Raging Spirits, I know it's a piece of crap but who are we kidding, it's an e-ticket) and doesn't need any more or it will draw too much attention to it. I would like to see a couple smaller rides come as all they really have is the carnival type rides at Mermaid Lagoon that are pretty and nicely themed, but carnival rides nonetheless. Some dark rides would be cool, but I'm up for anything, Oriental Land knows what they're doing so I trust their judgement.

Comment

• tloolgb
                Internet.Serious Business
                • May 2005

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                There's a large hunk of land next to Lost River Delta, you'll see it if you look on some maps, something is for sure going there.
                I was under the impression that was being reserved for a new port. Honestly I know a Greek-ish expansion was rumored at some point (but that makes no sense for over by LRD since Greek is a Meriterainian port and it'd join Mediterainian Harbor by the ruins...) but I hope it does become a whole new port. Part of thier issues with TDS seems to be it was 100% at opening...so now it seems they are not getting the repeat attendance they want...so I'd expect a new land would help that more than just another PD ride...

Comment

• DisneySeaFan
                  Sea Creature
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by tloolgb
                  I was under the impression that was being reserved for a new port. Honestly I know a Greek-ish expansion was rumored at some point (but that makes no sense for over by LRD since Greek is a Meriterainian port and it'd join Mediterainian Harbor by the ruins...) but I hope it does become a whole new port. Part of thier issues with TDS seems to be it was 100% at opening...so now it seems they are not getting the repeat attendance they want...so I'd expect a new land would help that more than just another PD ride...
                  Yes a new port would be nice, very nice. Although a massive attraction wouldn't fit unless it was the only attraction for the port, at least that's how it looks to me. I'm not great at estimating the sizes on these sort of things but it's easy enough for me to tell something significant will be going there. I would love to see DisneySea execute the Greek isles!!! Mediterranean Harbor, despite the name is very much mostly Italian so a Greek port would be nice. With the way that they did Venice, I would love to see Greek isle houses with blue roofs facing the real ocean, since there is a perfect set up for it.

Comment

• pancakesaregood
                    MiceChatter
                    • May 2005

I really like the Greek Port, with having Poseidon, the god of the Sea...

What about an Artic Port or Asian Port? Those haven't been done before and would look really cool. For the Artic it could be like iceburgs, and have some kind of dark ride, maybe even have the proposed Ice Palace dark ride from WDW . But the Asian port can be any number of different themes.

Comment

• DisneySeaFan
                      Sea Creature
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by pancakesaregood
                      I really like the Greek Port, with having Poseidon, the god of the Sea...

What about an Artic Port or Asian Port? Those haven't been done before and would look really cool. For the Artic it could be like iceburgs, and have some kind of dark ride, maybe even have the proposed Ice Palace dark ride from WDW . But the Asian port can be any number of different themes.
                      You know it might not be the best of ideas but a Japanese port would be really nice as well. The parks are American parks for the most part of course with only a little bit of a Japanese flavor. It would be cool to see them put Disney magic to their own traditions.

Comment

• DisneyLurker
                        • Jan 2005

Placed this post in the incorrect thread. Apologies.

Comment

• DisneyLurker
                          • Jan 2005

Ditto here. Sorry again.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X