• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventurer
    replied
    Originally posted by nish221
    which has furikake (rice flavoring) which
    is 80% salt!
    Love me Furikake. I can buy it a Japanese food store around the corner from me but my Grandmother sends it to me from Hawaii also.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyLurker
    replied
    From what I have heard, they are still having fun in Japan.

Leave a comment:

• aralechn
    replied
    I was just thinking about his report the other day. Yea whatever did happen to him? !?!?

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    I am still wodering what happened to lashbear!?!?!? We are waiting for that trip report from his trip to TDR!!! Maybe he liked it so much he is not coming back to CA.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Does anyone know if Lashbear has come back home from TDR??? We are a-waiting for a trip report.

Leave a comment:

• nish221
    replied
    Wow!

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    Yes, you *DO* have to go there soon...

check the churro pics from TDL below...

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...942&p=71280305

and..

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=71280307&f=0
    That's the fanciest, most themed churro stand that I've every seen!
    Thanks TDLFAN!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    He is having so much fun at TDR right now that he totally forgot about us!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tigertail777
    replied
    probably a bit late... but have fun lash hope its the best trip you ever had!

Leave a comment:

• Flint
    replied
    Have fun, mate! grr!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    ..and if you ever go to Universal Studios Japan..they also have churros in maple, chocolate and orange flavors... TDL once sold strawberry churros as well....

Leave a comment:

• Snacks
    replied
    Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy it to the fullest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Yes, you *DO* have to go there soon...

check the churro pics from TDL below...

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...942&p=71280305

and..

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=71280307&f=0

Leave a comment:

• nish221
    replied
    Originally posted by TokyoMack
    Actually, I find some Japanese food to be higher in fat. They love dark meat of chicken over here, skin and all. Everything is sauced too, either creamy or high-sodium sauces.
    Yup. They're just not obsessed about fat like we are. For example, Kobe beef is
    super marbled (which is all fat!) My understanding is that Japanese diet has
    one of the highest sodium content in the world. Case in point, they put
    soy sauce on pickles (pickled w/ salt) before eating it with rice which has furikake (rice flavoring) which
    is 80% salt!

But on the other side, the japanese typically eat way more fish and vegetables
    than we do. And typically get more exercise as well.

Leave a comment:

• nish221
    replied
    Originally posted by TDLFAN
    Churros? Yes, and they have been available in different tastes. Currently they are available in honey lemon, and maple (at TDS). Turkey Legs are sold by the elevated train track in front of the Riverboat dock.
    Thanks, TDLFAN!, I'm a bit surprised by TDR having churros, but not too surprised
    by the flavors. A bit surprised by the Turkey legs though.... my relatives barely
    know what it is much less taste it.

I really gotta go to TDR one of these days....

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied
    Lash Bear bring photos back and your great humor as well, have an excellent time!!

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied
    Have a great time my furry friend. Sorry that I couldn't go with!

Come back with lots of stories and pictures.

-Dusty

Leave a comment:

• TokyoMack
    replied
    Actually, I find some Japanese food to be higher in fat. They love dark meat of chicken over here, skin and all. Everything is sauced too, either creamy or high-sodium sauces.

Leave a comment:

• Modern Folly
    replied
    Yay for "Engrish", and I hope you are having fun!

Leave a comment:

• Mr D
    replied
    I would be interested in how the difference is cuisine overall, is a japanese theme park going to have more nutritional food than a US park? I havn't eaten a corndog in years as I classify it as junk or fast food. I bet the food available is leaner and higher in protein than here in the US, ever see fat japanese other than sumo wrestlers?

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Churros? Yes, and they have been available in different tastes. Currently they are available in honey lemon, and maple (at TDS). Turkey Legs are sold by the elevated train track in front of the Riverboat dock.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X