X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that are better at TDR than other Disney parks/resorts

Originally posted by stitcharielsinbad
    and Hong Kong's Astro Orbiter is so much better.
    Except it's on the ground. Though it does have those sound-effects buttons...

Comment

Originally posted by America Stings
      Why not put in the "flavoured" popcorn? ... That stuff is good. They need more flavored (sorry, I'm American) popcorn at my home park, DL.
      I agree about the popcorn. After a TDL visit, I was disappointed that all I could get at WDW was normal popcorn.

I also really liked TDL's popcorn machines. They've got some of the same machines as California DL (the ones with the little people slaving away at the handcrank) but TDL has more of them. Winnie the Pooh (honey flavored), more Country Bears, and even a Pecos Bill sitting on his horse, pushing the crank with his foot (and smoking a cigarette--you definitely wouldn't see that in the states!).

Comment

Originally posted by America Stings
        You have to be joking, right? If you truly think that Japanese culture "don't really have a care for anything that tries to be groundbreaking artistic...", well, it doesn't necessarily make you xenophobic or "rasist"[sic] but it does raise the possibility that you are extemely ignorant of Japanese art and design. It ain't all Sanrio over there!
        Your points are all extremely valid, and I definatly made a stupid mistake of making my statement all encompassing, and things come out in the wrong context. The Japanese have been artistic for centuries, and classical Japanese artwork and architecture is beautiful.

I just feel that a lot of People who go to Tokyo Disney Sea or Tokyo Disneyland don't go to admire the beautiful setting and artistic setting. They go to see their favorite charachters - and come out dissapointed when they realise that Mickey isn't as prominent as they hoped. Most don't go to see a well constructed theatrical production - they go to see Mickey.

Comment

Originally posted by drnilescrane

I just feel that a lot of People who go to Tokyo Disney Sea or Tokyo Disneyland don't go to admire the beautiful setting and artistic setting. They go to see their favorite charachters - and come out dissapointed when they realise that Mickey isn't as prominent as they hoped. Most don't go to see a well constructed theatrical production - they go to see Mickey.
          Mickey not prominently at TDR?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! If anything Mickey is all overexposed in every show, event, meet and greet available in TDR!!! How can you even say that?!?!?! Then add insult to injury by adding that people do not go to admire beautiful settings?!?!? HAHAHAHA!!! Even Robb Albbey from Westcoaster.com (a bonafide coaster lover and thrill seeker first and foremost) had this today about TDS.. "This place is amazing!! It's like they added more theming overnight since we were here yesterday!!!" REALLY NILES!!!! You kill me... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:lol:

Comment

That was a grammar mistake which was the result of a bad edit - Mickey is well and truly overexposed at TDL - what I ment to say is that one of the reasons that was given to me about the fact that attendance at TDS isn't as rosy as expected is of a lack of Disney Charachters such as Mickey and Pooh in Attractions (Of the Ride Type).

Anyway, I'd prefer to leave this particular discussion here - I've gone and said something stupid without thinking about it and I've got myself into a huge hole. I do love TDR and it's excelent Matinence, Theming and Service, and I can't wait to visit again, Mickey-Centric Show or Not.
            Last edited by drnilescrane; 04-05-2006, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X