This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

Last week, I noticed something interesting that I have never seen before at TDR or any other Disney Resort before.... FPs with a 2-hr return time window as opposed to the customary 1hr window. I do not know if this is a permanent or temporary change due to the fact that TDR was forced to close fr 8 days in a row due to extreme attendance and crowd conditions.... But wonder if any of the other parks will also adopt this change to FP....

Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

Interesting...but I don't really want to see that happen at WDW...imagine how screwed up it could get unless they keep shutting FP off at certain attractions (HM and Philharmagic :thumbup

Comment

They look so... so... exotic. Does anyone know if they're enforcing the two hour window or letting things slide for the rest of the day like DL?

Comment

didn't they stop letting things slide at DL? at rides like space and indy anyways they've stopped doing that when i'm there heh

Comment

Originally posted by fastpassmountain
          They look so... so... exotic. Does anyone know if they're enforcing the two hour window or letting things slide for the rest of the day like DL?
          Doubtful. The CMs at TDR *never* let anything slide. They are very proffesional and military-like the way they handle the park's rules and regulations.

Comment

That's good. Letting guests in with expired Fastpasses only delays the standy line.
            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
              Doubtful. The CMs at TDR *never* let anything slide. They are very proffesional and military-like the way they handle the park's rules and regulations.
              But you're assuming that the real rule is the same as is printed on the FP. I could easily see the official rule being that they don't enforce the end of the return time.

Also, when I was there last month, I noticed that the return window was only the usual 1 hour. I wonder what was up with the 2-hour thing?

Comment

The two-hour rule is still being tested at the both parks. One hour return times are still the norm. There have also been different return times offered, like 55-minutes.

Comment

55 min? Does that cut off of 5 min make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyLurker
                    The two-hour rule is still being tested at the both parks. One hour return times are still the norm. There have also been different return times offered, like 55-minutes.
                    That is correct. I got me a Hunny Hunt FP on tuesday with a window of 8:25pm-8:55pm, and keep in mind the park closed at 10pm.

Comment

That is correct. I got me a Hunny Hunt FP on tuesday with a window of 8:25pm-8:55pm, and keep in mind the park closed at 10pm.
                      A 30 minute return time?! When did you get the Fastpass? Maybe it was because the park was relatively uncrowded...
                      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

No, the short return time might be due to the fact that the Dreamlights parade ends about 8:15pm in that area of the park. Since many guests will try to get on the attraction during that time, FP's are limited.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                          A 30 minute return time?! When did you get the Fastpass? Maybe it was because the park was relatively uncrowded...
                          No. That is because the ride will stop and close at 10pm sharp. That means they will close the line at about 9pm so they can filter everyone in line (stand by and FP) thru the ride before 10pm. This is not your average WDW operation here... Most CMs do need to be out of the park by a certain time so they can catch their trains home that evening. Everything at TDR shuts down at closing time, unlike the other parks where shops and some restaurants stay open past closing time. Reason why you will never see such WDW perks as "Extra Magic Hours" offered past 10pm at TDR, ever.

Comment

No. That is because the ride will stop and close at 10pm sharp. That means they will close the line at about 9pm so they can filter everyone in line (stand by and FP) thru the ride before 10pm. This is not your average WDW operation here... Most CMs do need to be out of the park by a certain time so they can catch their trains home that evening. Everything at TDR shuts down at closing time, unlike the other parks where shops and some restaurants stay open past closing time. Reason why you will never see such WDW perks as "Extra Magic Hours" offered past 10pm at TDR, ever.
                            So it's not like the US parks where you only have to be in line when the park closes? They really start turning people away an HOUR before park closes? Seems a bit harsh, but I guess it's best to know it advance.
                            Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
                            May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
                            September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
                            June 2003 DL
                            Dec 2002 WDW
                            April 2002 DLP
                            Dec 2001 DL
                            Nov 2000 WDW
                            Oct 2000 DL
                            Oct 1997 WDW
                            April 1994 DL

Comment

It depends on the wait time for the queue. If the sign reads a one hour wait, then they will close the entrance for other guests one hour before. If it says 30min, then they close it half an hour before park closes.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X