Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sinbad

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sinbad

    Sorry if I affend anyone but I really don't Understand why they made Sinbad. If anything they should've made it an Aladdin Plot something more Disney. Sindbad, to me reminds me of a G rated Team America Ride
    pshhh i guess

  • #2
    If you only knew that TDS' Sindbad is one of Disney Imagineering's most accomplished and wonderful achievements... maybe you would appreciate it more. Great family ride with even greater AA's. It makes IASW look dated in comparison.

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree with TDL fan

      how can you not like Sinbad it takes the story and compltly lays it out in ride format

      I can't see Alladin being done in that fashion, as a cartoon the ways to impliment Alladin are very limited but Sinbad hadn't been done so they did origional art and set it all up perfectly for those AA's

      I only hope to one day see it in person
      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Just a quick FYI... the proper name for the ride is Sindbad's (with a D in the middle) Seven Voyages. Sinbad (without the D) would be a Dreamworks' release.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TDLFAN
          Just a quick FYI... the proper name for the ride is Sindbad's (with a D in the middle) Seven Voyages. Sinbad (without the D) would be a Dreamworks' release.
          ahh ok

          is that to avoid Copywrite infringement? (does that even apply to the character, especialy in Japan?)

          how often do you visit TDL anyways TDLFAN? I thought you hold an anual pass to WDW

          your very lucky to get to travel around so much
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

          Comment


          • #6
            I have an AP to both WDW and TDR and have been an APer at DL and DLP in the past (and got those expired cards as proof) I visit TDR about twice a month, however, for some unexpected personal reason related to work, I can't be at TDR this month, and I am ticked since I try to be at TDL on thier anniversary day 4/15th.

            Don't know the actual reasons why Sindbad is spelled that way at TDS. But copyrights may be a reason.

            Comment


            • #7
              In earlier translations of the book, he was called "Sindbad". In the Japanese version, he is referred to as "shindobado", hence the English spelling which uses the "D". There is an explanation in last month's "Disney Magazine" which lists the 5 TDR attractions they'd want in the US parks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well thank you for pointing that out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Keep in mind also that "Sinbad" story (I mean the book and other folk tales) are very better known around the world than they are here in the United States. I think that it was rather daring to make an attraction out of a story which is not a traditional Disney story or movie.
                  Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

                  Buy Now at Amazon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I have an AP to both WDW and TDR and have been an APer at DL and DLP in the past (and got those expired cards as proof) I visit TDR about twice a month, however, for some unexpected personal reason related to work, I can't be at TDR this month, and I am ticked since I try to be at TDL on thier anniversary day 4/15th.

                    Don't know the actual reasons why Sindbad is spelled that way at TDS. But copyrights may be a reason.

                    wow, you must travel alot

                    this is a bit off topic but will you be seeing what every Disney park does for the 50th? will you be able to review each resorts run of the 50th?


                    moving back on topic, I didn't know Sindbad was a global story like that but it makes since

                    I really like how it encompasses travel across the world, it seems like it would almost fit a park like Epcot (if Epcot weren't so serious at least)
                    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jspider
                      this is a bit off topic but will you be seeing what every Disney park does for the 50th? will you be able to review each resorts run of the 50th?
                      Yes and yes. Once I arrive at DL in July, I would have seen all of the parks during the "Happiest Celebration" and post trip reports and photos for all to enjoy. Also by this December 05, I may have already visited HKDL at least twice before the end of the year. I pretty much have seen all of WDW's stuff already in the past few weeks during previews and soft openings and have already posted photos and reports here and on other fan sites. Just this week I visited Japan's EXPO on Wednesday, and EPCOT yesterday. MK possibly today or tomorrow. I won't go into details of my professional life but yes...I am on the road all the time and make time for Disney FUN!

                      I know... it's a sickness. :lol:

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X