Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OLC increase ticket prices, September 1, 2006.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLC increase ticket prices, September 1, 2006.

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news_parts/20060509_03e.pdf

The two park annual pass? Wowzers.

75,000.00 JPY
    Japan Yen =678.958 USD
    United States Dollars 1 JPY = 0.00905277 USD 1 USD = 110.463 JPY

Re: OLC increase ticket prices, September 1, 2006.

I personally am not happy about the 2-park AP since that is the ticket media I buy and use. However, the ticket prices have not increased since 2003, so it was a matter of time before a hike went into effect. Still... it's a bit rough, and yet, concidering how much more the TDR parks offer in quality, shows, parades, rides, and overall staffing... it's only fair. As opposed to WDW increasing prices year after year and closing areas of the park, not adding new parades or special shows, and being understaffed... to name a few of their shortcomings when compared to Tokyo.

Comment

Still...$52 for a single day and $135 for a 4-day ticket seems like a bargain to me.
      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

So, $679 / $135 = 5 four-day passes, or that the AP price is worth 20 days' admission at the next lowest average daily price.
        Current DLr AP price = $345
        Online five-day parkhopper: $179

$345 / 179 = a little less than 2 5-day passes, or that the DLr AP is worth about 10 days' admission.

One of these is more likely underpriced than the other is overpriced. True, one does have two theme parks that, according to the admission statisitics, are more similarly attractive than the disparity shown in the other's theme parks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X