This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority seating--how does it work?

The official Tokyo Disney Resort Web site vaguely describes priority seating as akin to fastpass. Does this mean that they tell you in the morning what time you're eating and you have no choice as to what time you eat?

We definitely want to try some fine dining the next time we're there but are a little befuddled by the reservation system.

Also, has anyone eaten at Magellan's? How is it?

Re: Priority seating--how does it work?

Does this mean that they tell you in the morning what time you're eating and you have no choice as to what time you eat?
    Not at all. I think you got confused with the phrase "...you receive a designated time..." That designated time is a time that you request for a reservation.

For example, you show up in the morning to the restaurant of your choice and request a Priority Seating (PS) reservation. You want to eat around 6:30pm? So you should request a time frame from 6:00pm-7:00pm. If those slots are full, you will be notified immediately. You may request another time or the CM's will offer you an available time frame.

Once the time frame is agreed upon, they will issue you a PS card with your name, restaurant name, number of people in the party and the return time. You can come back to the restaurant at any point within the time frame and you'll be seated within 15 minutes of arrival. At times, you may be seated immediately depending on the day/time. If you show up late, you will be treated as a stand-by guest and must wait for any available seating.

In my opinion, Magellan's has great food and atmosphere. Very beautiful interior and lighting. However, the servings are too small for the price charged.

Comment

Correct info ^^^^^^.

Comment

So is there any way to make a PS earlier than the day you intend to dine?

Does anybody know where I could find a menu for Magellan's?
        Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
        May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
        September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
        June 2003 DL
        Dec 2002 WDW
        April 2002 DLP
        Dec 2001 DL
        Nov 2000 WDW
        Oct 2000 DL
        Oct 1997 WDW
        April 1994 DL

Comment

Originally posted by Mellywil
          So is there any way to make a PS earlier than the day you intend to dine?
          Only if you have made a reservation at their hotels thru their reservations center only. Read the policies here:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...rk_reserv.html

I have not seen their menus printed in any english site. Not even the official one... Sorry I am unable to assist you with this.

Comment

Thanks TDLFAN
            Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
            May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
            September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
            June 2003 DL
            Dec 2002 WDW
            April 2002 DLP
            Dec 2001 DL
            Nov 2000 WDW
            Oct 2000 DL
            Oct 1997 WDW
            April 1994 DL

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyLurker
              Not at all. I think you got confused with the phrase "...you receive a designated time..." That designated time is a time that you request for a reservation.

For example, you show up in the morning to the restaurant of your choice and request a Priority Seating (PS) reservation. You want to eat around 6:30pm? So you should request a time frame from 6:00pm-7:00pm. If those slots are full, you will be notified immediately. You may request another time or the CM's will offer you an available time frame.

Once the time frame is agreed upon, they will issue you a PS card with your name, restaurant name, number of people in the party and the return time. You can come back to the restaurant at any point within the time frame and you'll be seated within 15 minutes of arrival. At times, you may be seated immediately depending on the day/time. If you show up late, you will be treated as a stand-by guest and must wait for any available seating.

In my opinion, Magellan's has great food and atmosphere. Very beautiful interior and lighting. However, the servings are too small for the price charged.

Thanks, that makes it a lot more clear. I like the idea of having an hour-long window in which to show up.

Comment

I'm planning on dining at the BellaVista Lounge at the MiraCosta, but don't know whether or not I should make a reservation. I will be arriving at the resort rather late, around 4:30 PM. Can I still make a reservation for around 7:30-8:30, or is the BellaVista Lounge rather uncrowded during this period. We are "planning" to watch BraviSEAmo if possible from inside the lounge, since I hear the view is rather good.
                ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Make a reservation, especially if you want to be there during BraviSEAmo!.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    Make a reservation, especially if you want to be there during BraviSEAmo!.
                    Will I have enough time? I arrive around 4-5 at the resort and want a seat for around 7:30. Am I allowed to wander away from my seat to look out the windows when BraviSEAmo starts? Or is that rude? Hopefully, I can request a window seat. Do they let you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellywil
                      I couldn't find English menu for Magellan's.
                      But I found an wiki in Japanese.
                      http://www9.atwiki.jp/tds/pages/21.html

I did translation below.
                      If there are any odd phrases plz use your imagination .

Each course includes Bread / Plate of Assorted Dessert / Coffee or Tea.

North Star Y3,675
                      Scallop & Salmon Millefeuille
                      Cream Soup of Lentil
                      Grilled Chopped Ram

Atlantic Y4,200
                      Canard Rillettes Salad
                      Potato & Leek Soup
                      Grilled Sea Bream

Pacific Y4,200
                      Mushroom & Vegetables Terrine
                      Consomme Beef Soup
                      Carf Grilled with Cheese & Bread Crumb Coat

New World Y4,725
                      Sauteed Foie Gras
                      Grilled Swordfish
                      Po^eler Venison

Magellan Y5,775
                      Fried Escargot
                      Grilled Pie-wrapped Lobster
                      Po^eler Beef Fillet

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                      Will I have enough time? I arrive around 4-5 at the resort and want a seat for around 7:30.
                      I suppose it's too late to make a reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by polygonaut

I suppose it's too late to make a reservation.
                        Maybe I'll do an advance reservation over the phone. Do you think I will be able to get a seat, preferably by the window?

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                          Maybe I'll do an advance reservation over the phone. Do you think I will be able to get a seat, preferably by the window?
                          In busy season, BellaVista & Oceano's seats around the show time are booked quite early. I suppose you'll visit TDR next week? If so, It's too late.

As for the window seats... I've been BellaVista only once, so I remember little about it. But I thought the floor was thin & wide. You can say most of their seats are window seats.

Comment

Originally posted by polygonaut
                            In busy season, BellaVista & Oceano's seats around the show time are booked quite early. I suppose you'll visit TDR next week? If so, It's too late.

As for the window seats... I've been BellaVista only once, so I remember little about it. But I thought the floor was thin & wide. You can say most of their seats are window seats.
                            Then are there any other places to watch BraviSEAmo wihtout actually going in the park? I have a "Tuscany" side room, so I can't watch it from there either. Any other places in the hotel where you get a good view of the lagoon and Mt. Prometheus?

Comment

I have made a reservation at the BellaVista Lounge. The lady told me we had a seat somewhere near the corner, so where is this exactly? Can I still see out the windows?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X