X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamlights 5th anniversary

My how time flies!!!

To celebrate TDL's Electrical Parade Dreamlights, www.jtcent.com has posted a video of the parade which can be downloaded and saved...

Enjoy!

http://www.jtcent.com/disneyla
    nd/shows/pardrm/index.html

Re: Dreamlights 5th anniversary

This is still my favorite currently-running Disney show. Thanks!

Comment

I've never seen it in person, let alone been to Tokyo, but judging from the video it looks like a fantastic show and also is a modern take on a classic. Too bad they couldn't have it at DCA or DL. It is really long, or at least the music is about 23 minutes. And in the video they use alot of characters even if they don't have their own float. I've noticed that in pics and vids of TDL entertainment, they have characters that the US parks haven't had in years...

Comment

The Japanese love charecters though. The more old ones OLC brings out the more special charecter merch they can sell.

Comment

You know.. before i red the post I had an idea to say I want video.. lol

Dowloading it now.. should go great with the soundtrack I have...

Comment

I watched this parade near the end in Toontown and it really is wonderful.

Sitting there watching this parade 6,000 miles from home I also thought several times "Why didn't Disneyland just do this in '97 instead of Light Magic?!".... "Why didn't DCA open with this in '01?".... "Why didn't they add this to DCA in '03 when the park was flopping?".... "Why didn't Disneyland get this in '05 for the 50th night parade?"....

Seriously, why isn't this kind of parade in Anaheim on summer nights?!

Comment

Thanks for sharing I love it
              :crazylegs

Comment

The reason for it not being in a State side Disney Park is they don’t want to spend the money.... They figure the classic is good enough... Who needs fiber optics and tons of Special effects..

Personally.. I loved the video and wish it would come states side if Tokyo ever stops it for another grand nighttime extravaganza...

Comment

Originally posted by TP2000
                  I watched this parade near the end in Toontown and it really is wonderful.

Sitting there watching this parade 6,000 miles from home I also thought several times "Why didn't Disneyland just do this in '97 instead of Light Magic?!".... "Why didn't DCA open with this in '01?".... "Why didn't they add this to DCA in '03 when the park was flopping?".... "Why didn't Disneyland get this in '05 for the 50th night parade?"....

Seriously, why isn't this kind of parade in Anaheim on summer nights?!
                  Nightime parade's cause major traffic nightmares at Disneyland in Anaheim. Plus add in the thousands of people waiting to see the fireworks in the hub where things are already crazy. I doubt DL will have another night time parade anytime soon. On a Fireworks/Fantasmic night it can be really challenging to get from one place to another. They really need to work more on expanding walkways and figure out a way to not cut off half the park with a parade(maybe some kind of tunnel)

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                    wish it would come states side if Tokyo ever stops it for another grand nighttime extravaganza...
                    I'm sure they've got their eyes on it. Between DCA, DLP, Magic Kingdom, and HKDL, I'm sure more than one of them is waiting to pounce on it. If it happens I doubt it would be the entire parade either. Why get a new parade when you could by a used one.

Comment

I've gotten a chance to listen to the soundtrack for Dreamlights. is it just me or does it sound too polished? Not enough synthesizer. the video is incredible...looks like an awesome parade...but keep the synthesizer like the original. it just sounds a little too orchestrated to me. Sorry if I rained on anyones parade...no pun intended (okay..so I did intend a pun..sue me LOL)
                      Originally posted by aashee
                      We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Fine we'll sue you.

The Dreamlights score is not fully done in synthesizers, as there is a lot of orchestration as well..

Comment

It is a visually stunning parade. based on the video I have seen it looks much better than the original parade in my opinion. I just think the orchestration strays a little too far from the original for my taste. The original feel is lost. At times while listening to the score I don't feel like I am listening to an electrical parade. It's a great score. don't get me wrong. It just doesn't sound like "the electrical parade"

Comment

If it went states side.. Who’s saying it won’t add more synthesizer to it... It might be nice to have DCA take out its electrical parade and have this show on Main Street.... (Their would not be a hub centered fireworks anymore anyway..) or sent it to WDW and sent Spectromagic to DL for a season or 2.

Comment

what a nexcellent idea, figment!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X