This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confectionary now fully opened at TDL

The new and much expanded Confectionary Shop at TDL's World Bazaar has finally opened (actually it's been opened since late March). The shop cover the entire first block of the left side of World Bazaar as you enter TDL. This shop is very popular with japanese guests as it is the "must stop" place to get what the Japanese call "Omiyage". Meaning... gift from trips for loved ones. This is the place where you will find a gazillion of items to eat... from candies, to cookies to cakes and many many more food items... all nicely wrapped and packaged in TDL-exclusive box and can designs. Here are some pictures from the store, which feature such little touches as a jelly bean Mickey, Chocolate Donald, and even lollypops as lamp ornaments... And don't be affraid of the long check out line... TDL is always well staffed and the line moves quickly.
    Note the clouds frescos over the checkout line feature celestial Disney characters in the shape of clouds... Simply stunning to stop, look up and appreciate.

Re: Confectionary now fully opened at TDL

I saw these photos on JTCENT when it opened...oh my god. That queue line set up is just to pay. It blows my mind. I guess the need to bring everyone a gift pays off for OLC. So much so that this store (back in the mid 90s) grossed $100 million per year.

So this is the entire left first block...the Grand Emporium is the entire right first block...geez. Lucky TDL has a large Main Street (ish) so they can do this...its almost WDW syndrom.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
      So this is the entire left first block...the Grand Emporium is the entire right first block...geez. Lucky TDL has a large Main Street (ish) so they can do this...its almost WDW syndrom.
      Actually, that has nothing to do with WDW, as TDL has always been the most expansive park of the 5 DLs.

Comment

TDLFAN .... we're waiting for some samples :roll:

Comment

They were confiscated by Customs and Agriculture personnel.

Comment

ORWEN: I don't know if I ever told you this or not, TDLFAN, but I have just a little bit of a sweet tooth. So--when I heard of your report, here--it started me to salivate. And it also made my tummy cry out for something sweet to eat. Naturally, I couldn't resist conjuring up a box of Krispy Kremes--just to tie me over until my own trip to this candy shop you're showcasing, here.

Comment

Candy shop?!?!? Sacrilegious!! This is a food market, deary.

Comment

Every vacation destination is allowed to paint a sky and clouds on a ceiling ONCE and then it becomes overdone (see also: The eight places it's been done on the Strip.) Enjoy your phony sky, TDR, you'd be whipping it into the ground to build another. :P

The character designs in the last shot. I'm glad to finally see Scrooge get some recognition in the park, but Goofy's hat looks it transformed into a bowler. Uhh...

Comment

The characters in the last shot as well as that statue of Don are a bit off-model and stylised in a horrible way - They have had the cute factor set to overdrive.

Comment

That statue is badly-done Scrooge. Look at the "shoes" on his feet, not to mention the cane general outfit style.

Comment

Leave it up to the naysayers who have never been to TDR to criticize such minial things.

Comment

Leave it up to the naysayers who have never been to TDR to criticize such minial things.
                        I have, and I still think that statue looks off, especialy considering they have much better ones in the windows further along Main Street.

I still think that stuatue is Don - he has been known to use a cane and wear spats on dates with Daisy.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                          Hahahaha it is only fair since WDW gets the exact same thing at times.

Comment

Oh yeah, that is Donald in that Statue...old school cartoon Donald.

Comment

Originally posted by drnilescrane
                              I still think that stuatue is Don - he has been known to use a cane and wear spats on dates with Daisy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X