Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only have time for DisneySea- Any comments/suggestions?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only have time for DisneySea- Any comments/suggestions?

Hi, I've been informed that my family only has 1 day to spare at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort. Not only that, but the place we are staying at is far from the resort. Since there are 2 parks, and one being a Disneyland park similar to the states (in which we frequent DLR & visited WDW once), we immediately figured we should go to DisneySea. Meaning I will unfortunately miss out on Pooh's Hunny Hunt and others. (Thank goodness for the internet and video ). So is there any comments or suggestions anyone would like to say? We will probably visist mid-July 2006.

I'm sure TOT will still be under construction, JTTCOTE & submarines will probably be first, there's also genie 3d show, stormrider, aquatopia, sinbad, raging spirits, indy (can't wait for the smoke effect ), and the Fantasmic-type night show, right? Anything I miss? What about Mythica or Aladdin lake show (I think that's over though, right?)? Any other shows or attractions I missed?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: Only have time for DisneySea- Any comments/suggestions?

*Official rehab info for TDS
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t.../tds_stop.html

*A fan made jam-anticipation for July 2006 (in Japanese)
    http://wdreport.com/konzatsu.html#s7

According to this site, it will be enormously crowded in mid July.
    Especially, the 3rd weekend is connected to a holiday (July 17 mon).
    So that weedkend and adjacent monday is being scored "Z".

Plus, Legend of Mythica (and the celebration of 5th anniv. of TDS) starts from July 14. So maybe the park restrict admission if the weather is fine at Z-scored day.
    So, I strongly suggest to avoid coming to TDR on that weekend. That park becomes a hell.

It is very important to arrive one hour before the park opens in these E or Z scored days. And when the park opens, RUN to get fastpass for an E ticket ride first and get in a stand-by line of another ride.

And I also recommend to watch attractions like "Mermaid Lagoon Theater" or "Mystic Rhythms" if you have time.

Sorry for my poor "Engrish". I wish if you can get what I wanna say. And have a nice stay~

Comment

Hey bad luck only having enough time to visit one park,I think TDLFAN offered some great advise in this post about making the most of Tokyo Disney Seas on a crowded day
      http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28064
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

You've got your head in the right place. Yes the Aladdin was a special event it's over now, it was ok you're not missing much. You'll for sure want to check out Mythica during the day and BraviSEAmo at night. Just do what you can and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by polygonaut
          *Official rehab info for TDS
          http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t.../tds_stop.html

*A fan made jam-anticipation for July 2006 (in Japanese)
          http://wdreport.com/konzatsu.html#s7

According to this site, it will be enormously crowded in mid July.
          Especially, the 3rd weekend is connected to a holiday (July 17 mon).
          So that weedkend and adjacent monday is being scored "Z".

Plus, Legend of Mythica (and the celebration of 5th anniv. of TDS) starts from July 14. So maybe the park restrict admission if the weather is fine at Z-scored day.
          So, I strongly suggest to avoid coming to TDR on that weekend. That park becomes a hell.

It is very important to arrive one hour before the park opens in these E or Z scored days. And when the park opens, RUN to get fastpass for an E ticket ride first and get in a stand-by line of another ride.
          Darn my rotten luck! That is the exact date I'm going on.....from 15th to the 20th of July. How long do you think lines are going to be for E-tickets? Is it comparable to the crowds during Golden Week? If so, are the pathways going to be very congested like at Disneyland?
          Last edited by TDR_Fan; 06-21-2006, 10:06 AM.
          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Ah yeah. THe mermaid lagoon.

Thanks for the tips.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
            -Jurassic Park

Comment

It will be very crowded and congested, but the parks will open early and close late. So, get there very early, cover as much ground as you can, then take a nap in the worst part of the day. Come back and play late.
              It's also the rainy season, so get yourself an umbrella. It's too hot and humid (much worse than Orlando) to wear a pancho.
              We've all done Disneyland on really days: you hot-foot it to the most popular ride (in the case of DisneySea that's probably going to be Journey to the Center of the Earth) and go on it immediately. Try to nab a FastPass for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on the way in or out (without wasting too much time).
              Head directly to Indiana Jones and ride it. Then go directly to Stormrider (its FastPass is often closed) and ride it. Then go back and use your FastPass for 20,000 Leagues and get another FastPass for Journey to the Center of the Earth because you'll want to do it again.
              Make sure that you do the Magic Lamp Theater and Sinbad in Arabian Coast. Sinbad never has a line, so go during a busy part of the day.
              Make sure to eat a Gyoza Dog from the cart that's between Mysterious Island and Arabian Coast. And don't eat the fish doughnut!

Comment

Originally posted by filmfreak11
                Not only that, but the place we are staying at is far from the resort.
                Do anything possible to arrive *BEFORE* park opening time to get the most out of your visit.

Since there are 2 parks, and one being a Disneyland park similar to the states (in which we frequent DLR & visited WDW once), we immediately figured we should go to DisneySea.
                Good call, but even TDL is a much better version of the MK with a dash of DL in it...Not to be missed as well...and I will offer a suggestion in a second...

Meaning I will unfortunately miss out on Pooh's Hunny Hunt and others.
                You don't have to... get the "After 6pm Pass" and enjoy the evening at TDL. Trust me...Hunny Hunt can't be appreciated on video at all!
                I'm sure TOT will still be under construction, JTTCOTE & submarines will probably be first, there's also genie 3d show, stormrider, aquatopia, sinbad, raging spirits, indy (can't wait for the smoke effect ), and the Fantasmic-type night show, right? Anything I miss? What about Mythica or Aladdin lake show (I think that's over though, right?)? Any other shows or attractions I missed?
                Ok... pay attention here. DO NOT place too much emphasis on things like Aquatopia, Magic lamp Theater (3D) or even Raging Spirits... You will be sorely disappointed. These offerings are not popular with western guests or even those who are Disney fanatics.... So proceed with caution. As for the "Fantasmic!-Like show... This will be your biggest disappointment. "BraviSEAmo!" is not a Fantasmic-like show at ALL. It comprises of fountains, fire effects and a very brief introduction by Mickey... The show bores everyone silly because it's an artsy love story between a water and fire spirit. While the show is technically quite impressive... the final product is devoid of substance and fails to maintain interest among those who have seen Fantasmic! at DL or WDW. So again... re-concider here.

This is what I would do...

Get to TDS early... do JTTCOTE, 20K, Indy, Sindbad, Stormrider, Raging Spirits, Mermaid Lagoon show, Mystic Rhythms show, Legend of Mythica (debuts on 7/14th)..explore around the park since the theming is drop dead stunning. Then around..5:30pm... I would head to TDL and buy the "After 6 passport" ... enjoy some of the rides TDL has... such as Splash Mountain...which is the best version of that ride anywhere, enjoy "Dreamlights" light parade, Do Hunny Hunt, Astroblaster... or whatever other classic rides you'd like to do.... and stay until 10pm. Skip the fireworks... not as good a shows as DL or MK's shows. Then make plans to go back in early sept for TOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Goddess Mara
                  It will be very crowded and congested, but the parks will open early and close late. So, get there very early, cover as much ground as you can, then take a nap in the worst part of the day. Come back and play late.
                  It's also the rainy season, so get yourself an umbrella. It's too hot and humid (much worse than Orlando) to wear a pancho.
                  We've all done Disneyland on really days: you hot-foot it to the most popular ride (in the case of DisneySea that's probably going to be Journey to the Center of the Earth) and go on it immediately. Try to nab a FastPass for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on the way in or out (without wasting too much time).
                  Head directly to Indiana Jones and ride it. Then go directly to Stormrider (its FastPass is often closed) and ride it. Then go back and use your FastPass for 20,000 Leagues and get another FastPass for Journey to the Center of the Earth because you'll want to do it again.
                  Make sure that you do the Magic Lamp Theater and Sinbad in Arabian Coast. Sinbad never has a line, so go during a busy part of the day.
                  Make sure to eat a Gyoza Dog from the cart that's between Mysterious Island and Arabian Coast. And don't eat the fish doughnut!
                  I wonder if TDL and TDS will be as congested as Disneyland during it's peak season. Is it just as hard to navigate through the park during full capacity? I know I always have trouble going through Adventureland in Disneyland but the wide pathways of TDL/TDS seems to help prevent congesting.....

If I know anything about Asia, it's that it is very hot and humid during summer. I've toured parts of Taiwan, and have had an experience with heatstrokes. But if I remember correctly, the weather cools down a lot during the late afternoon. It's actually quite pleasant sometimes but during noon....it's horrible. Japan is quite a bit north of Tawian, so it should be better during summer.

Comment

Not really. Tokyo is terribly humid in the summer months. It's my leats favorite time to visit. Heck, it was a tad humid yesterday when I was there!! Why do you think they have featured watery shows in the past 3 years??? With 2003's Donald Super Splash event they found out japanese guests do not mind getting wet one bit during summer. So they repeated in 2004 with "Buzz Lightyear's Big Mission" water show, then last years' American Oldies featured a water version for the summer month. This year from mid July thru August, the castle will feature a water fountain show where guests will be able to get splashed as well... TDS also will offer "cool down" options, and there will be water cannons spraying guests from boats in Meditteranean harbour.

HKDL is even WORST!!!

I wonder if TDL and TDS will be as congested as Disneyland during it's peak season. Is it just as hard to navigate through the park during full capacity? I know I always have trouble going through Adventureland in Disneyland but the wide pathways of TDL/TDS seems to help prevent congesting.....
                    yes, the summer months, especially August is very congested. And even with the expansive walkways of TDL... once the park packs more than 60,000 guests... you will not be able to walk a straight line as there will be some many folks going in all directions... navigating the park is slow going at times...

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                      Darn my rotten luck! That is the exact date I'm going on.....from 15th to the 20th of July. How long do you think lines are going to be for E-tickets? Is it comparable to the crowds during Golden Week? If so, are the pathways going to be very congested like at Disneyland?
                      ...My sincerest condolence to you.

It is comparable to the crowds of Golden Week. Considering its 5th anniv event, it could be a blue hell.
                      And as you know TDS has less smaller walking area compared with TDL.
                      So the pathways easily filled with ppl than TDL.

In a typical year, the rainy season ends around mid July.
                      If the weather is fine, the lines for E ticket rides are ......perhaps around 180min...or surpass that(210min is not improbable at here!).
                      Even in C or D scored days, the lines for E ticket rides could be around 90min.

In theese crowded days, a strong start always helps well.
                      As the Goddess Mara mentioned, "to take a nap in the worst part of the day & coming back late" is a great idea.
                      But don't forget to celebrate the Legend of Mythica.
                      If your hotel is far from the park, I recommend "Mermaid Lagoon Theater" or "Mystic Rhythms" to rest your feet
                      Theese show type attractions comparatively have large capacity and less popularity.

Forget daytime fun and set your focus to the Legend of Mythica!
                      have fun~)

Comment

Originally posted by polygonaut
                        ...My sincerest condolence to you.

It is comparable to the crowds of Golden Week. Considering its 5th anniv event, it could be a blue hell.
                        And as you know TDS has less smaller walking area compared with TDL.
                        So the pathways easily filled with ppl than TDL.

In a typical year, the rainy season ends around mid July.
                        If the weather is fine, the lines for E ticket rides are ......perhaps around 180min...or surpass that(210min is not improbable at here!).
                        Even in C or D scored days, the lines for E ticket rides could be around 90min.

In theese crowded days, a strong start always helps well.
                        As the Goddess Mara mentioned, "to take a nap in the worst part of the day & coming back late" is a great idea.
                        But don't forget to celebrate the Legend of Mythica.
                        If your hotel is far from the park, I recommend "Mermaid Lagoon Theater" or "Mystic Rhythms" to rest your feet
                        Theese show type attractions comparatively have large capacity and less popularity.

Forget daytime fun and set your focus to the Legend of Mythica!
                        have fun~)
                        How bout rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise? What can I expect in terms of wait times?

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                          How bout rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise? What can I expect in terms of wait times?
                          About 20~40min for Pirates, 60~90min for Jungle Cruise on an extremely crowded day, I think.

--the time edited--
                          Last edited by polygonaut; 06-22-2006, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Pretty good estimates for those rides on very crowded days.

Comment

Do wait times for E-tickets die down around park closing on a crowded day, or do they close down the lines so that everybody can ride?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X