TDS' 5th Anniversary Official Site now online!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TDLFAN
    Banned User
    • Feb 2005

TDS' 5th Anniversary Official Site now online!!!

TDS will officially begin their 5th anniversary celebration a bit early on July 14th, but you may catch a sneak peek of things to come here. Including your first audio sample of the anniversary theme song "Sea of Dreams", performed by renouned japanese J-pop performer Misia, so turn on your speakers when you click on the japanese site.
    I know it's a bit difficult for some to enjoy the many items on the japanese page but be patient and play with your mouse and enjoy the sneak peeks, so go here:

Don't forget to take out your kleenex box when you watch Misia's music video... this is the stuff Disney dreams are really about... from the heart.

Or else, the much more boring english version can be read here but doen not feature much in terms of visual candy and info.

Enjoy!!!

PS- BTW... what is WDW doing for the MK's 35th anniversary this October 1st, 2006? Oh... Absolutely NOTHING!!!
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-01-2006, 08:59 PM.
  • Disney Magic
    • Apr 2006

Re: TDS' 5th Anniversary Official Site now online!!!

WOW it has been open 5 years already!!! I remember when they opened saying I would be there within the first 5 years.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

• TDLFAN
      Banned User
      • Feb 2005

Well... technically speaking... the actual 5th anniversary will be on Sept 4th. But they are pulling an "Eisner" and beginning the celebration ahead of time to capitalize on the summer crowds.

Comment

• Disney Magic
        • Apr 2006

September is coming up much too soon and there is no way I'd make it there by then.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

• DisneySeaFan
          Sea Creature
          • Aug 2005

The music video definitely is what Tokyo DisneySea is all about. Everyone who has never been should watch it, it shows that TDS magic is absolutely unavoidable.

Comment

• Malin
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Disney Magic
            WOW it has been open 5 years already!!! I remember when they opened saying I would be there within the first 5 years.
            Same here thats why Im making sure I keep that promise and visit the Sea of Dreams in Sept.
            Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

• Malin
              MiceChatter
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TDLFAN
              PS- BTW... what is WDW doing for the MK's 35th anniversary this October 1st, 2006? Oh... Absolutely NOTHING!!!
              Really we should be lucky WDW isn't trying to cash in on TDS 5th Aniversary like it did with Disneyland's 50th.

But then again how cool would it be for WDW to recieve a attraction for each of the four parks fromk TDS

Comment

• tloolgb
                Internet.Serious Business
                • May 2005

Let me answer for him*: it wouldn't because as WDW showed with Cinderellabration it cannot copy anything from Tokyo as lavishly or as well so we're better off without the clone.

*Give or take a few letters.

Comment

• Malin
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jan 2005

I wasn't being too serious when I said that,I know there is no way WDW would copy any attraction from TDS,thats why we ended up getting Sourin and the Stunt Show instead.Not that there is anything wrong with either attraction I might add.

By the way bit off topic I know but will Cinderellabration be going soon as its just terrible

Comment

• tloolgb
                    Internet.Serious Business
                    • May 2005

Yes it is supposed to end with the HCoE.

I agree, not that there is anything wrong with LMAX or Soarin.

Comment

• TDLFAN
                      Banned User
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Malin
                      I wasn't being too serious when I said that,I know there is no way WDW would copy any attraction from TDS
                      Actually there is a way, and many more. All of the attractions at TDS came from Glendale and Imagineering. All WDC has to do is being willing to spend the same amount on $$$ to duplicate their projects. But they are cheap and won't do it. Remember, in their eyes... we WDW guests are not worthy. That is why the MK version of 'Cinderellabration' turned out so so so so tragically bad. Take a glorious nightime event production, strip it of it very soul, cut the cast down by 2/3's, take away 90% of the budget allocated for special effects (such as the vast fiber optic net that covered the entire stage), add boring and cheese dialogue about being a Princess and add vocals to music that was in some parts used for scoring purposes only. You have the tragedy that is the MK Cinderellabration today.

So to answer your question...how cool would it be for WDW to recieve a attraction for each of the four parks fromk TDS... well the rightful answer is: as long as Disney continues to operate onthe cheap while bragging about how succesful their American resorts are...then NO. It won't happen. But they sure could if they wanted to do it right, just like OLC does. Or better yet... why don't they get out of the way and let OLC operate the parks in the USA for them!?

Comment

• DisneySeaFan
                        Sea Creature
                        • Aug 2005

add boring and cheese dialogue about being a Princess
                        Haha, and you think that the Tokyo parks don't have cheesy dialogue in their entertainment? I guess it doesn't matter much to a lot of people well, most people on this board since you most likely don't understand it. But hey, that's Japanese culture at it's finest, either super cheesy and dramatic, or super cute and cuddly!

Comment

• TDLFAN
                          Banned User
                          • Feb 2005

I can honestly not recall one single moment of princess velveeta in any TDL show... Not even in the "Bouquet of Love" Princess parade show mode.

Comment

• DisneySeaFan
                            Sea Creature
                            • Aug 2005

jtcent now has some small updates and I'm sure there will be some big ones to come.

Comment

• The Goddess Mara
                              Banned User
                              • Apr 2006

For those wondering how truly huge the differences are between the Cinderellabration show at Tokyo Disneyland and its incarnation at the Magic Kingdom in Orlando, those new DVDs that we're discussing on another thread will give you a pretty good idea.
                              The difference is so big that it's unlikely you would even recognize them as the same show!

Comment

• TDLFAN
                                Banned User
                                • Feb 2005

www.jtcent.com posted an entire video of the TDL version last year that made believers out of some who previously didn't think TDL's show was any better. Also... do you want an even bigger piece of TDL's cinderellabration on dvd?, then buy the 2 red and blue cover 20th anniversary celebration dvds from TDL. They can still be found on sale in Japan and at TDR. They will show you much more that the new dvds do. One thing about the "Super Story" dvd.. you get a very quick peek not only about Cinderellabration, but also from "It's Magical" (1993), "Viva Magic!" (1998), "Club Disney: Super Dancing Mania" (2000) as well. All three were *fabulous shows*.

Comment

• DisneySeaFan
                                  Sea Creature
                                  • Aug 2005

Now they have got the BIG update up. Parkwide decorations. Remember, this is just the 5th anniversary, but these decorations give Disneyland's 50th decorations a run for their money.

Comment

• MickeyMoose
                                    • Jun 2006

Way to many banners. It looks like WDW.

Comment

• DisneyLurker
                                      • Jan 2005

You don't like banners? You'll hate visiting TDR during celebrations. LOL!

Comment

• TDLFAN
                                        Banned User
                                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MickeyMoose
                                        Way to many banners. It looks like WDW.
                                        I agree, but at least these are banner for a *real* celebration, as opposed to marketing-created promotions like "Happiest Celebration", "Magical gatherings" or "Million Dreams" crap.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X