This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey- spelling mistake!!!

Near the Fastpass machines, there is this huge sign which tells you the standby wait time, as well as the Fastpass return time. On that sign, it says "retern time" instead of "return time". Was this just a careless spelling mistake, or purposely done?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Re: Journey- spelling mistake!!!

This was a picture of the old sign and as you can see, they had the correct spelling at that time. Why did they bother to change it so that it's a wrong spelling? All other attractions at TDS had the correct spelling.

Comment

Didn't you post on this already?? I am sure the mistake was made by accident. You have to understand the handywork at TDR is done by japanese Cms behinds the scenes.. Honest mistakes happen, just like the garrish mistakes I have seen in foreign languages at WDW, especifically West Side Info booth. Obviously no one has taken the time to advise the Cms nearby that the sign has a spelling mistake. I am sure it will be fixed soon enough.

Comment

I believe I sent you a PM about this a few months ago but this time, I actually saw this in person. I still don't understand why they would change an already correct spelling to one that's not.

Comment

Actually, you are incorrect. The mistake has been there for a long time and the picture you posted above in post #2 is the "OTHER" side of that sign.. the one side facing *away* from the FP dispensing machines. The spelling mistake is on the side of the sign facing the FP dispensing machines.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
            Actually, you are incorrect. The mistake has been there for a long time and the picture you posted above in post #2 is the "OTHER" side of that sign.. the one side facing *away* from the FP dispensing machines. The spelling mistake is on the side of the sign facing the FP dispensing machines.
            Sorry to say this but the mistake WAS there on the other side too. I checked it out myself while I was waiting for my Fastpass time to be up. It was only on Friday, so I KNOW for a fact that it was on both sides.

Comment

I will double check the sign on both sides again when I retern to TDS this coming week. For my benefit.

Comment

You or someone else should also point out the mistake to them. I tried but I don't think they understood. Besides, what can they do about it? Point it out to higher management?

Comment

Yes. When a mistake like that is found and reported, it usually gets fixed fairly quickly. Example... the Huli HUli floats did feature some spelling mistakes on the graffiti that were quickly fixed when engish speaking performers reported them to management.

Comment

Well....I don't think they will report what I told them to management. After all, I'm just a guest! Maybe if enough people tell them though......

Comment

Exactly. YOU are a GUEST! You'd be surprised how much OLC (TDR's) management appreciates your comments about the park, as opposed to say... WDW, where you complain about something and they seem bothered and uninterested in your rant.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                        Honest mistakes happen, just like the garrish mistakes I have seen in foreign languages at WDW, especifically West Side Info booth. .
                        ) I love it. In Japan it is an "honest mistake" but in WDW it is "garrish".

Just messing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                          ) I love it. In Japan it is an "honest mistake" but in WDW it is "garrish".

Just messing with you.
                          Garrish because the sign is not as ornated as this particular FP sign is at the front of JTTCOTE. However, I am sure the chinese and japanese guests who saw the signs at WDW West Side, would probably think those were honest mistakes too, but in both cases, I laughed at them mistakes.

Comment

Just because I'm not curious....what signs in the West Side needed Japanese or Chinese wording?

Comment

Not sure if it's still there, but I am talking about that round information booth sitting across from that butt-ugly race car by Starabilias..

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X