Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

    Because of the enormous popularity of Raging Spirits, I'm surprised that it's going down for basically the entire month of September. Just curious, anyone know why it's so long? It's such a tiny coaster, I'm just surprised that the refurb is planned for such a long period when it's so popular. (okay, and I'm a little bummed that I won't be able to compare it with PAris' Indy coaster when I'm at TDR next month...) Besides TOT, "Raging" remains the only TDR ride I've always managed to miss.

    Are they replacing all the trains or something?

  • #2
    Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

    Perhaps it will become Raging Spirits: Backwards!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

      I wasn't aware it was that popular,as all the reviews I hear are not that positive towards Raging Spirits.I'll be visiting in Sept and Im actually very happy that of all the attractions at TDS this one will be the only one closed.But thats just my opinion!

      As for while this new attraction which is only just a year old is all ready having a month of refurb Im not to sure but maybe OLC have listen to complaints and are going to try and make the attraction more smoother or it may be something a bit more serious.Or it may be nothing as TDR unlike all the other Disney parks & Resorts like to maintenance and close its attractions all year round and not just in the off season.

      And Scorchio thats not funny
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

        Originally posted by Malin
        I wasn't aware it was that popular,as all the reviews I hear are not that positive towards Raging Spirits.I'll be visiting in Sept and Im actually very happy that of all the attractions at TDS this one will be the only one closed.But thats just my opinion!

        As for while this new attraction which is only just a year old is all ready having a month of refurb Im not to sure but maybe OLC have listen to complaints and are going to try and make the attraction more smoother or it may be something a bit more serious.Or it may be nothing as TDR unlike all the other Disney parks & Resorts like to maintenance and close its attractions all year round and not just in the off season.
        I'm not a big fan of Raging Spirits either. In my opinion, it's bland and "just" a roller coaster. And a boring one at that. Even though I'm not a big thrill junkie, this was not a fun ride at all. It does look very beautiful though, especially at night. Makes for a good photo spot.
        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

          It's just an average, short coaster. However the theming is spectacular. Indeed, it is still one of if not the most popular rides in the park.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

            I think Raging Spirits popularity probarely has something to do with it being the only coaster at the Resort with a loop.Can't think what else would drive people to go and ride it.Don't get me wrong Im sure it does have its own fans but to me it doesn't apear to be anything special.But then again I have never seen what the big fuss has ever been with Space Mountain not including the Paris version,its never been a favourite and thats not to say I don't like coasters because I do.
            Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

              Originally posted by Malin
              I think Raging Spirits popularity probarely has something to do with it being the only coaster at the Resort with a loop.Can't think what else would drive people to go and ride it.Don't get me wrong Im sure it does have its own fans but to me it doesn't apear to be anything special.But then again I have never seen what the big fuss has ever been with Space Mountain not including the Paris version,its never been a favourite and thats not to say I don't like coasters because I do.
              Put me on the list of people who don't love Space Mountain. It's an okay ride but to me, it's just a rollercoaster in the dark with lots of sharp turns. I didn't really see any effects or theming during the ride itself, so it's really a once a trip ride for me. Unfortunately, the WDW and TDL version don't even have a soundtrack so they're even lower on the list of things to do while at the parks. I would not ride it unless it's a walk-on, which it was when I was in Tokyo.
              ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

                Originally posted by Malin
                And Scorchio thats not funny
                Raging spirits: Mission 2? No.

                I'm sorry, I wirite lots of rubbish when I'm bored

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

                  This is not surprising to me. OLC refurbishes the parks' attractions on a more recurrent schedule over the other parks. But it sure would be nice if they did make it a bit smoother ride. Or better yet, take it down altogether.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

                    Originally posted by Scorchio View Post
                    Raging spirits: Mission 2? No.

                    I'm sorry, I wirite lots of rubbish when I'm bored
                    I thought it was funny, it made me smile.

                    Grumpy geeks make me smile as well.
                    BACKPACKING REALNESS

                    DISNEY TRIPS
                    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

                    (VERY OLD!)
                    TRIP REPORTS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

                      Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      Or better yet, take it down altogether.

                      And replace the $70 million coaster with what?
                      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

                        /\ Lol.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

                          Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                          And replace the $70 million coaster with what?
                          A really expensive Indiana Jones meet and greet?

                          What seems strange to me is that a brand new coaster would require such a lengthy downtime. I wonder what problems they are having that necessitate this.
                          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                          Find us on Facebook:

                          .

                          How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

                            Broken backs and necks maybe???

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Raging Spirits down 1 month... why?

                              It certainly wouldn't suprise me if it did have something to do with the ride being too rough.
                              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X