Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most upscale restaurant in the Tokyo Disney Resort?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most upscale restaurant in the Tokyo Disney Resort?

The price looks a lot better than the ones at the BellaVista Lounge. One question though: How did you look around Magellan's without being confronted by the waitress? Is there another entrance somewhere?
    Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Since I wasn't going to eat there, I simply walked up to the hostess and asked if it was okay to look around. No problem. Magellan's never seems to be that busy because it's kind of out of the way and expensive. I got the feeling that if it would lead to someone eating there, they'd be happy to let you look around. It's an elegant restaurant with great pretensions--that's what I mean when I say "ritzy."

Comment

Originally posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
        Since I wasn't going to eat there, I simply walked up to the hostess and asked if it was okay to look around. No problem. Magellan's never seems to be that busy because it's kind of out of the way and expensive. I got the feeling that if it would lead to someone eating there, they'd be happy to let you look around. It's an elegant restaurant with great pretensions--that's what I mean when I say "ritzy."
        So am I correct in saying Magellan's is the most elegant restaurant on property? And if it's never that busy, do I even need to make a reservation?

Comment

^ the menu above and in the link are usual menu, I think.

The major difference between Blue Bayou and Magellan's is ... whether or not they offers alcohol...

By the way, I took pictures of Magellan's wine list the other day... it was totally embarrassing though... I did it on each page.[smilie=5,44,35]
          But it's still in a SD card, so please allow a few days to write it down here.

The price looks a lot better than the ones at the BellaVista Lounge.
          Oh yes, and if your option doesn't includes hotels & nearby restaurants (in Ikspiari), I recommend Magellin's. Their menu is appropriate to the price. I mean it's not so special... not so bad. Among the menu I love "Magellan" the best. Veal Grilled with Cheese & Bread Crumb Coat from "Pacific" tastes good too (super small portion though ).
          And It goes without saying that their atmosphere is extremely posh & relaxing.

And as for wine, their wine lists are different between restaurants in TDS, If you like wines from Italy you should go to Ristorante di Canaletto. Magellin's have quite few italian wines.
          I'm not sure how different they are, cuz I don't go Ristorante di Canaletto usually. I don't like their pasta (pizza is good) & I can't relax at the restaurant.
          ...I've heard this from a sommelier at Magellin's.

After all, due to the original intent, the most expensive & elegant restaurant is Oceano I suppose.
          You can select buffet or course, but should choose course. If you choose a course, they offers viewing harbor show from their balcony during show time. It's fairly good.

And if the option expands to Ikspiari, There are some expensive restaurants but not extraordinarily experience.
          http://www.ikspiari.co.jp/alanwongs/...ts/dinner.html
          http://www.queen-alice.com/shopinfo/shop_maihama.html
          http://www.imahan.com/e-tenpo/e-ikspiari.html

Comment

I was going to dine at Oceano this time, but decided on the BellaVista Lounge. I did look around both Oceano and Silk Road Garden. Both looked very classy, but I don't think they looked nearly as nice as Magellan's. Their atmospheres are completely different from my perspective. Oceano seemed very "modern" and Silk Road Garden very "relaxing", while Magellan's feels "first class" to me. I would be staying at the Hotel MiraCosta so all restaurants in there are fair game to be reserved. I think I may be able to include one of the restaurants (probably Oceano) AND Magellan's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
              Since I wasn't going to eat there, I simply walked up to the hostess and asked if it was okay to look around. No problem.
              Yeah, no problem it's easy.

Comment

Magellan's Wine List

tentatively list for white wines...

White Wine

-----France-----
                Muscadet de Sevre et Maine sur Lie "Le Master de Donatien" (Donatien Bahuaud) / Loire
                half Y2310 full Y4200
                This charming, flowery, dry white has a fruity bouquet and a certain amount of acidity. Fresh, trim and supple.
                Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons (Louis Michel) / Bourgogne
                hafl Y4830 full Y9030
                This standard Burgundy is dry, lively, sharp and firm-bodied, and is accented by a flinty, mineral aroma.
                Gewurztraminer "Re'serve Particulie're" (Meyer-Fonne') / Alsace
                half Y2730 full Y5460
                Rich and thick, with an aromatic bouquet reminiscent of tropical fruit and spices and a hint of delicate sweetness.
                R de Rieussec (Cha^teu Rieussec) / Bordeaux
                full Y4830
                A sharp, inecisively dry wine. Produced at the Chateau Rieussec, famed for its sweet Sauternes wines, this dry wine will surprise with its richness and acidity.
                Sancerre (Pascal-Jolivet) / Loir
                full Y5250
                Colorful, rejuvenating and dry. The fragrance of fresh flowers accents this vividly acidic yet smooth white.
                Corton-Charlemagne (Simon Bize) / Bourgogne
                full Y42000
                Vigorous, mature flavors of fruit, exceptional body and superior structure quickly make it apparent why this dry wine was named for the ancient Emperor of the Franks.
                Pacherenc du Vic-Bilh (Cha^teau d'Aydie) / Sud-Ouest
                500ml Y3570
                A perfect dessert wine, very sweet and rich. Made from mature, late-harvest grapes, producing a firm, sweet wine with plenty of character.

-----America-----
                Markham Sauvignon Blanc (Markham) / Napa Valley
                full Y6195
                A big, thick, dry white wine with herbal aromas accentuating a smooth acidity and a robust, full body.
                Francis Coppola Chardonnay Diamond (Niebaum Coppola) / Napa Valley
                full Y5670
                Big, fruity and dry, with vigorous notes of condensed fruit mellowed by suggestions of nuts in the bouquet.
                Cha^teau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Johanninsberg Riesling (Cha^teau Ste. Michelle) / Washington
                full Y3885
                A subtle wine, combining rich aromas, a clean acidic quality and an clusive, coquettish sweetness.

-----Italy-----
                Soave Classico Tufaie Castellaro (Bolla) / Veneto
                full Y3675
                Fresh, fruity and dry, this wine possesses a crisp, lively acidity and a fragrant, flowery aroma.

-----Portugal-----
                Ouro Velho Branco (Casalinho) / Douro
                full Y3675
                Fresh and vivacious, this dry white delights the palate with a combination of sharp acidity and mineral flavors.

-----Spain-----
                Bodegas Cosme Palacio Y. hermanos Blanco (Bodegas Palacio) / Rioja
                full Y3885
                An elegant and balanced dry white. The sophisticated fragrance of wooden barrels accompanies a refined and lively finish.

-----Germany-----
                Dr. Thanisch Riesling Spatlese
                full Y4620
                Tart and lively with a faint, subtle sweetness. Smooth and easy on the palate.

-----Magellan's Selected Wine-----
                White Wine
                Glass Y840 Bottle Y3465

Comment

I want to reserve the private wine cellar room in Magellan's but was wondering if this costs extra or do you still only pay for the food? How many can this room accomodate and is there a time limit on how long you stay? Should I reserve this very early, or does nobody ever dine in here?

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                    I want to reserve the private wine cellar room in Magellan's but was wondering if this costs extra or do you still only pay for the food? How many can this room accomodate and is there a time limit on how long you stay? Should I reserve this very early, or does nobody ever dine in here?
                    Unfortunately I haven't been to that room yet. I've never heard about its extra cost & time limit.

I like to have dinner watching that huge globe and the painting on the ceiling. (There are lot of small pictures and gadgets on the wall too)

And there is another room in Magellan's that is adjacent to its main hall. It's not closed like the cellar room and it's the most plain room of that restaurant. If your hostess let you into that room... I recommend you to behave like a spoilt child.

Comment

And here is Magellan's winelist for Red. Rose' and sparkling are coming later...

Red

-----France-----
                      Cha^teau Latour (Cha^teau Latour) / Pauillac: Bordeaux
                      Full Y63000
                      Robust, full bodied and with an overwhelmingly fragrant bouquet. Said to be the most masculine wine produced anywhere, this red from one of the five great first growth Chateaux has implacable strengh, complexity and deepness even for a Bordeaux.

Cha^teau Marquis-de-Terme (Cha^teau Marquis-de-Terme) / Margaux: Bordeaux
                      Half Y5460 Full Y10500
                      A complex wine with a rich bouquet, a robust body, smooth tannins and strong flavors of fruit to please the discerning palate.

Cha^teau d'Arvigny (Cha^teau Beaumont) / Haut-Medoc: Bordeaux
                      Half Y2520 Full Y4200
                      Medium-bodied and with elegant balance. Pleasant notes of wooden barrels enhance the strength, smoothness and characteristic ruby color of this Bordeaux.

Saint-Emilion (J.P. Moueix) / Saint-Emilion: Bordeaux
                      Full Y4620
                      Rich and silky, with a medium body. A powerful wine with dusky, ruby-red shades and an exquisite finish that will reverberate across the palate.

Cahors (Cha^teau St. Didier-Parnac) / Sud-Ouest
                      Full Y3780
                      Thick-toned, strong and medium-bodied. Possesses a rich, fruity taste and invigorating tannins, an entrancing and powerful wine.

Mercurey (Michel Juillot) / Bourgogne
                      Half Y3780 Full Y6300
                      Airy and possessing an eloquent fruitiness, this light-bodied red is deep yet buoyant and has a lively tartness reminiscent of red berries.

Gevrey-Chambertin (Bouchard) / Bourgogne
                      Full Y10500
                      Deep, fruity and full-bodied, smooth tannins add richness and presence to this powerful wine.

Moulin-a`-Vent (Laboure'-Roi) / Beaujolais: Bourgogne
                      Full Y5145
                      Condensed fruit flavors and brisk tannins exist in harmony in this rich, medium-bodied wine.

Saint-Amour (Georges Duboerf) / Beaujolais: Bourgogne
                      Full Y3885
                      This aptly named wine is fruity, delicate and bright with a light body.

Gigondas (E. Guigal) / Rho^ne
                      Half Y3780 Full Y7350
                      Strong and full-bodied with sharp, astringent notes of alcohol. From the warm climate of France's Rhone region.

-----America-----
                      Kenwood Sonoma Zinfandel (Kenwood) / Sonoma Valley
                      Full Y4725
                      Medium-bodied and full of character, this wine's charm lies in its ability to draw out the strength and body of the Zinfandel grape.

Carneros Cabernet Sauvignon (Buena Vista) / Los Carneros
                      Full Y5880
                      The Cabernet-Sauvignon grapes give strength and a rich, full body to this wine. The vigor and energy of mature grapes balanced with notes of new wooden barrels to add complexity and structure.

Calera Pinot Noir (Calera) / Central Coast
                      Full Y9450
                      Made in country ideally suited to the Pinot Noir grape, this medium-bodied wine has a pleasant balance of richness & acidity.

Napanook (Dominus) / Napa Valley
                      Full Y10080
                      A hearty, full-bodied wine, well balanced by the elegance and muted strength of Bordeaux grapes.

-----Italy-----
                      Chianti (Frescobaldi) / Toscana
                      Full Y3780
                      Fruity and rich with a medium body, pleasant on the palate, smooth, with rich tastes of fresh fruit and a well-defined acidity.

Barolo Zonchera (Ceretto) / Piemonte
                      Full Y8400
                      Notes of ripe fruit in a thick, full body. Robust tannins stand out in this wine's complex yet delicate structure, creating an impressive, mature wine.

-----Portugal-----
                      Ouro Velho Tinto (Casalinho) / Couro
                      Full Y3675
                      Mature and easy to drink, with a light body and a rich ruby color. Notes of ripe fruit and wooden barrels harmonize with a modest amount of astringency from the tannins and an animated acidity.

-----Spain-----
                      Torres Gran Sangre de Toro Tinto (Torres) / Penedes
                      Full Y4200
                      Full-bodied, with a deep ruby color and a fine, fruity flavor, balanced with a moderate amount of tannins and rich, ripe flavors.

-----Magellan's Selected Wine-----
                      Red Wine
                      Glass Y840 Bottle Y3465

Comment

I kind of was starting to regret not eating at somewhere like Magellan's during my visit until I started looking through the wine list that polygonaut just posted up.Yikes

Think I'll stick to a burger & fries at the Tomorrowland Terrace
                        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by polygonaut View Post
                          Unfortunately I haven't been to that room yet. I've never heard about its extra cost & time limit.

I like to have dinner watching that huge globe and the painting on the ceiling. (There are lot of small pictures and gadgets on the wall too)

And there is another room in Magellan's that is adjacent to its main hall. It's not closed like the cellar room and it's the most plain room of that restaurant. If your hostess let you into that room... I recommend you to behave like a spoilt child.

So you don't think I should reserve the wine cellar room? And what can I do to avoid being put in that room adjacent to the main hall?

Comment

Originally posted by Malin
                            I kind of was starting to regret not eating at somewhere like Magellan's during my visit until I started looking through the wine list that polygonaut just posted up.Yikes
                            ...Hm, there is a bar inside Magellan's. They serve some drinks & snacks.
                            You can watch Magellan's interior only paying for a glass of soft drink.
                            It's a good "out of the way" place to rest your feet.
                            http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...agelounge.html

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                            So you don't think I should reserve the wine cellar room?
                            It's only my opinion but what I've seen on TV didn't excite me so much. So I don't request that room so far...
                            But If you wanna try, it would be a good story to share on MiceChat ;-)

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                            And what can I do to avoid being put in that room adjacent to the main hall?
                            Just scream "[smilie=5,4,26]< NOOOO~~!!" in the middle of the hall. I've been to that room once, so If they let me into that room again... I'll do it.

Comment

Just scream "[smilie=5,4,26]< NOOOO~~!!" in the middle of the hall. I've been to that room once, so If they let me into that room again... I'll do it.

I don't think I could bring myself to do that. ) Do they usually put people in this room, or can I request a seat under the globe?

Comment

Do they usually put people in this room
                                Yes they do, even when the number of the guests doesn't reach to the main hall's capacity.

can I request a seat under the globe?
                                If they are not busy, you may request. Not sure...

Comment

Yes they do, even when the number of the guests doesn't reach to the main hall's capacity.

If they are not busy, you may request. Not sure...

Perhaps I should make an advance reservation one month prior to my visit? Then I could request a seat under the globe and they will have no choice but to take me there. Just a question, will it seem weird to say I made a reservation when I arrive even when the restaurant is very empty? They won't charge me for not showing up will they?

Comment

Perhaps I do not need to make reservations or use priority seating for any of the restaurants because mid-July is quite a slow time of the year. Last time I was there, I did not need to use priority seating at all. I just walked up and the hostess led us in without a wait at all. Maybe it will be like that this year too? What's the worst that can happen if you arrive without a reservation? Having to wait a few minutes?

And how do people tour the upper level of Magellan's? I've seen so many pictures of people claiming to just be peeking inside, yet do the hostesses really let countless guests walk in and out of the restaurant? Especially going up and down stairs? Won't that bother the people dining in the restaurant?

And polygonaut, just *how* plain is that dining room you're describing. Say I do get put in there...can I still see the globe or any theming?

Comment

If you visit TDR on weekdays, you won't need to make reservations for Magellan's.

And they don't hold exact table at the time of reservation. Which table you are going to dine at will be decided on your appearance.
                                      Prehaps they don't accept requests for the celler room at the time of reservation.

They won't charge me for not showing up will they?
                                      ...They won't but...[smilie=5,41,9]

how do people tour the upper level of Magellan's? I've seen so many pictures of people claiming to just be peeking inside, yet do the hostesses really let countless guests walk in and out of the restaurant? Especially going up and down stairs? Won't that bother the people dining in the restaurant?
                                      Magellan's mezzanin is used as "Magellan's Lounge" (the bar I described above).
                                      If guests claimed to see inside, hostess lead the guests to the entrance part of the mezzanin. From there guests can see the main hall.
                                      Meanwhile Magellan's guests are led to lower level via stairs or elevator.
                                      I guess those pictures were taken from the mezzanine...?

*how* plain is that dining room you're describing. Say I do get put in there...can I still see the globe or any theming?
                                      It's just plain ...Your sense of theming will *surely* tells you.
                                      From that room, you can't see the globe (perhaps partial view from some table). You can't see the painting. You can see nothing on the wall.(But I thought its seats are much better than the other room's. relaxing.)
                                      There are models of something in glass cases at the approach. Magellan's has 3 rooms. Main hall & Cellar room & this room. So you'll find it easily.

And... maybe I was wrong... about the cellar room. It's quite beautiful...
                                      http://blog44.fc2.com/p/piccolomercato/file/cave-2.jpg

Comment

If you visit TDR on weekdays, you won't need to make reservations for Magellan's.

And they don't hold exact table at the time of reservation. Which table you are going to dine at will be decided on your appearance.
                                        Prehaps they don't accept requests for the celler room at the time of reservation.
                                        So how am I supposed to reserve the cellar room if I can't book it by reservation? I'm willing to bet that by the time I arrive, the tables in the cellar room will all be full. How many tables are in there exactly?

Magellan's mezzanin is used as "Magellan's Lounge" (the bar I described above).
                                        If guests claimed to see inside, hostess lead the guests to the entrance part of the mezzanin. From there guests can see the main hall.
                                        Meanwhile Magellan's guests are led to lower level via stairs or elevator.
                                        I guess those pictures were taken from the mezzanine...?
                                        So the entrance to Magellan's that we see when we enter Explorer's Landing is actually leading to the upper level of Magellan's?

It's just plain ...Your sense of theming will *surely* tells you.
                                        From that room, you can't see the globe (perhaps partial view from some table). You can't see the painting. You can see nothing on the wall.(But I thought its seats are much better than the other room's. relaxing.)
                                        There are models of something in glass cases at the approach. Magellan's has 3 rooms. Main hall & Cellar room & this room. So you'll find it easily.

And... maybe I was wrong... about the cellar room. It's quite beautiful...
                                        http://blog44.fc2.com/p/piccolomercato/file/cave-2.jpg

And do they have equal amount of tables in each dining room? And you're right...the cellar room does look very beautiful. I really want to reserve a table in there.

Comment

So how am I supposed to reserve the cellar room if I can't book it by reservation? I'm willing to bet that by the time I arrive, the tables in the cellar room will all be full. How many tables are in there exactly?
                                          Usually guests request the cellar room when they arrive at Magellan's.
                                          And IF there are vacancy, they could enter the particular room.
                                          To get into the cellar room more certainly, some people say that they go to Magellan's first thing in the morning, and make reservations for their opening hour. Then, as Magellan's opened, they return and request for the cellar room.
                                          I guess it would be a lunch menu though...
                                          But I think you can get into that room anytime if you wait extra.
                                          I hear that the cellar room has 7 tables. The plain room has about the same, I think. The main hall is bigger than the others and has more capacity.

So the entrance to Magellan's that we see when we enter Explorer's Landing is actually leading to the upper level of Magellan's?
                                          Yup.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X