Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most upscale restaurant in the Tokyo Disney Resort?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most upscale restaurant in the Tokyo Disney Resort?

Originally posted by polygonaut View Post
    Usually guests request the cellar room when they arrive at Magellan's.
    And IF there are vacancy, they could enter the particular room.
    To get into the cellar room more certainly, some people say that they go to Magellan's first thing in the morning, and make reservations for their opening hour. Then, as Magellan's opened, they return and request for the cellar room.
    So it's not really a "private" dining room then? Hmm...I wonder how many people actually know about it. Is it a popular choice among Japanese guests? And if I'm interested in making dinner reservations, should I just walk up and request a seat in the cellar room? I'm going to visit on a weekday, so there shouldn't be too many people. As long as there is space in the cellar room, the hostess will lead us inside right? Because nobody can reserve the cellar room ahead of time?

Two more questons about the cellar room in particular:

1) Since it is a closed off room (behind a bookcase), how do you get from inside to other parts of the restaurant? For example, what if you want to get a waitress or want to use the restrooms?

2) Is the atmosphere more romantic in here? Is there renaissance music playing inside here too, or are all the speakers in the main dining room? It'd be kind of dull if it was just complete silence...
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 10-12-2006, 10:37 PM.
    Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

I think I'm going to make all the reservations for restaurants one month before I check-in. Just out of curiosity, you are only allowed to make reservations for restaurants which use priority seating right?

And polygonaut, I think I will ask them over the phone whether or not I can request a table inside the wine cellar room while I'm making a reservation for Magellan's. Maybe they'll be extra kind and book it for me?

Comment

^ Try it. Their system is changing once in a while.(sorry for this late reply)

I'm reading the latest DISNEY FAN magazine now, and I found a news about Magellan's!

Magelan's course system is going to be improved from next November.

Their old menu courses will disappear and they will offer whole new "Prefix Courses" (You can choose an appetizer + a soup + an entree + a dessert from their selection).

There are some pictures of their new dishes on the magazine.
        And I thought especially deserts are improved.

Comment

Originally posted by polygonaut View Post
          ^ Try it. Their system is changing once in a while.(sorry for this late reply)

I'm reading the latest DISNEY FAN magazine now, and I found a news about Magellan's!

Magelan's course system is going to be improved from next November.

Their old menu courses will disappear and they will offer whole new "Prefix Courses" (You can choose an appetizer + a soup + an entree + a dessert from their selection).

There are some pictures of their new dishes on the magazine.
          And I thought especially deserts are improved.
          So the old menu will be gone in a week?

Comment

Ya. but it's a good news. It will give us a lot of options.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do they actually have Japanese people receiving internation calls to the Reservation Center? The reason I ask is because the accent I heard when I last called sounded almost American or Australian.

Comment

Sorry to ask another question, but does anyone have any other information or comments that they would like to share? I understand that not too many of you have ever dined in Magellan's, let alone the wine cellar. But I would love to hear from anyone who has been inside. I'm very curious about the atmosphere and decor of the wine cellar, especially since people say it surpasses the already elegant atmosphere of the main dining hall. Such a statement leads me to believe that the interior must be extremely beautiful. I'm also looking forward to the sliding bookcase, as I have heard it is very impressive and reminiscent of a James Bond movie.

Here's an easier question to answer for people who have dined in Magellan's, but not the wine cellar:

How does Magellan's compare to the Disney restaurants in Anaheim or Orlando? The biggest competitor I can think of would be Napa Rose at the Grand Californian, but I've heard even Napa Rose can't compare to the atmopshere and meticulous service of Magellan's. How does the food at Magellan's compare though?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X